Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lansing joins recent police shootings: One dead after shooting involving Lansing Twp. officer

+5
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
CheesySpartan
CORNER BLITZ
9 posters

Go down

Lansing joins recent police shootings: One dead after shooting involving Lansing Twp. officer Empty Lansing joins recent police shootings: One dead after shooting involving Lansing Twp. officer

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-09, 00:08

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2014/12/08/shooting-lansing-township/20101031/
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Lansing joins recent police shootings: One dead after shooting involving Lansing Twp. officer Empty Re: Lansing joins recent police shootings: One dead after shooting involving Lansing Twp. officer

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-12-09, 16:48

How soon till Bobby Sak is on the scene??? Oh wait, will anyone care about this shooting since the guy (a multiple time, convicted felon) is Hispanic? Let's wait till the lefties weigh in here...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Lansing joins recent police shootings: One dead after shooting involving Lansing Twp. officer Empty Re: Lansing joins recent police shootings: One dead after shooting involving Lansing Twp. officer

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-09, 16:57

Quickly reading the story, it wouldn't surprise me if this gets some attention. It will be pointed out that he had a gun, but it also sounds as if he was trying to let the cops know he had a gun and that they shot. He's a minority and there was no pause between telling him to drop the gun and the firing. 

Minier was shot and killed in the first officer-involved shooting in the township in at least two decades, officials said.
Washington, 24, said he saw his friend raise his hands, heard police yell twice to drop the weapon and then without delay heard, "Pop! Pop!" Then he saw his friend slump forward.
"They shot right through the back window," he said. "They didn't ask no questions, nothing. Just shot."
Washington and another man were questioned by police. Washington's girlfriend, Crystal Campbell, 25, owns the black Chevrolet Monte Carlo the men were riding in.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-09, 17:08

CheesySpartan wrote:How soon till Bobby Sak is on the scene??? Oh wait, will anyone care about this shooting since the guy (a multiple time, convicted felon) is Hispanic? Let's wait till the lefties weigh in here...

So because he is a convicted felon he deserves what happens? You're a piece of shit. Jesus, God, or whoever you believe in would be proud. I thought the bible taught to love everyone?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-09, 17:17

Read the story, I think both sides handled it poorly. If you are carrying why would you hold a gun up in the air, better to just calmly disclose to the officer you have a gun rather than brandish it.

That being said, seems like the cop could have handled it better.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-12-09, 17:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

So because he is a convicted felon he deserves what happens? You're a piece of shit. Jesus, God, or whoever you believe in would be proud. I thought the bible taught to love everyone?

Relax. I didn't say he deserved to die. Based on the current information I don't think he deserved to be shot. I simply stated a fact about his background.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-12-09, 17:26

Fucking Darwin, when will Congress pass a law banning his ass for good.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-12-09, 17:50

The perp/victim drove a Monte Carlo you say? I'm shocked.

I wonder if he had illegitimate kids, tattoos or pit bulls too. Wait, no I don't.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-09, 18:20

Rodeo Burger wrote:The perp/victim drove a Monte Carlo you say? I'm shocked.

I wonder if he had illegitimate kids, tattoos or pit bulls too. Wait, no I don't.

Didn't Dale Earnhardt Sr. drive a Monte Carlo?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-12-09, 18:57

steveschneider wrote:

Didn't Dale Earnhardt Sr. drive a Monte Carlo?

Yes he did and he also died tragically I think that was his point.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-09, 19:09

Had a beautiful 1976 Monte Carlo my senior year (81) at State. GM ruined the model forever starting with the fugly 1978 platform re-design...which also wrecked the Buick Regal, Oldsmobile Cutlass, and Pontiac Grand Prix.

I completely understand police wanting to shoot at newer Monte Carlos
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2014-12-09, 22:08

If the case is that blacks are constantly being stopped by the police why is it they seem so unaware in how to conduct themselves during one? Just asking.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-09, 22:40

Green Note wrote:If the case is that blacks are constantly being stopped by the police why is it they seem so unaware in how to conduct themselves during one? Just asking.
Chris Rock had a handle on this years ago. Apparently, not enough listened

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down