Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top choices for replacing Narduzzi?

+8
Rodeo Burger
SeeRockCity
steveschneider
Ass Dan
Blanch32
NigelUno
Turtleneck
HT
12 posters

Go down

Top choices for replacing Narduzzi? Empty Top choices for replacing Narduzzi?

Post by HT Sat 20 Dec 2014 - 17:08

Although it's not happening for sure, there's a real chance we lose Narduzzi this offseason. Whether it happens or not, it's going to stink whenever we end up losing him.

I'm wondering, who are your top picks to replace Narduzzi?

My top choice, is Jim Heacock. Coach D hasn't been afraid to go back to the Tressel connection before, and it's paid off with Bollman. I think Heacock would be an awesome fit for this staff. He's worked with Mike Tressel and Coach D at OSU, so there's familiarity. He's also worked under Dantonio before (at OSU), so that dynamic wouldn't be new to Dantonio either. We know how important continuity and familiarity for Coach D. The guy also developed some awesome defenses at OSU, and knows how to stop teams like Oregon.

He could just come in and coach for 6-7 years until Dantonio retires, or until he'd like to step down, while grooming Mike Tressel to be the next DC. I don't know, I think Jim Heacock and MSU would be a good fit, and I hope we make a serious play at him if Narduzzi leaves.

Other names that I'd be interested in: Mike Tressel, Chuck Bullough, and Luke Fickell. Jim Heacock would be my top choice, though.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Top choices for replacing Narduzzi? Empty Re: Top choices for replacing Narduzzi?

Post by Turtleneck Sat 20 Dec 2014 - 17:17

George Perles
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Top choices for replacing Narduzzi? Empty Re: Top choices for replacing Narduzzi?

Post by NigelUno Sat 20 Dec 2014 - 17:19

Mattison.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 20 Dec 2014 - 17:23

NigelUno wrote:Mattison.

Greg Robinson. He is already coaching Spartans.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Sat 20 Dec 2014 - 17:59

Promote either tressel or DA bang stick. Hire another energetic position coach or amp campbell
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sat 20 Dec 2014 - 19:15

Blanch32 wrote:Promote either tressel or DA bang stick. Hire another energetic position coach or amp campbell

Amp Campbell just got fired from his position coach job at another school.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 20 Dec 2014 - 19:40

Promote from within IMO.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Sat 20 Dec 2014 - 22:14

Narduzzi?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 16:55

I would guess Dantonio promotes from within. A lot of these guys have been with him a long time, and both Tressell and Da Bang Stick have been mentioned as guys that could be ready for the next step, whether it's here or somewhere else.

If that's how it goes, it will be a position coach we're replacing...and those roles could be juggled a bit depending on who is brought in.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 16:58

SeeRockCity wrote:Narduzzi?

Nardog.

As in, FIRE NARDOG!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 21:18

Rodeo Burger wrote:I would guess Dantonio promotes from within.  A lot of these guys have been with him a long time, and both Tressell and Da Bang Stick have been mentioned as guys that could be ready for the next step, whether it's here or somewhere else.

If that's how it goes, it will be a position coach we're replacing...and those roles could be juggled a bit depending on who is brought in.

He could also have co-DCs, like the setup he has going with Bollman and Warner. I really like that setup, and if he could say make Tressel/Barnett as one co-DC with someone from the outside (I would really like Heacock if possible), as the other co-DC, I'd be pretty happy.

If it was someone older like Heacock, he could mentor Tressel/Barnett for a couple years and then retires once Tressel/Barnett is good enough to be the main DC.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DominosCEO Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 21:48

Harbaugh.
DominosCEO
DominosCEO
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Venice Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 21:53

I read on another nameless board that his seecret was teaching his players to jump offsides. In that case he should be fairly easy to replace
Venice
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 22:24

Rodeo Burger wrote:I would guess Dantonio promotes from within. A lot of these guys have been with him a long time, and both Tressell and Da Bang Stick have been mentioned as guys that could be ready for the next step, whether it's here or somewhere else.

If he ever left, I think he would take one of these as his DC and the other would become our DC
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 9:29

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

If he ever left, I think he would take one of these as his DC and the other would become our DC

That's a good point. However nether Enos or the former OC pulled that stunt. Moreover I could see nardog grabbing him and bullough for the coordinator positions
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 17:45

Blanch32 wrote:

That's a good point.  However nether Enos or the former OC pulled that stunt.  Moreover I could see nardog grabbing him and bullough for the coordinator positions

Bullough? WTF are you talking about?
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 17:51

Talked to a Buckeye friend of mine today who's got connections to both the MSU and OSU programs about replacing Narduzzi if he goes to Pitt.

He told me sees Dantonio going after Jim Heacock like he went after Bollman when Roushar left. Said he thinks that it'll be on whether or not Heacock wants to come out retirement and that MSU is one of two jobs he'd consider coming out of retirement for (Youngstown State being the other).

Not based on anything he's heard in particular (obviously can't hear much if Narduzzi hasn't even left yet), but was more going what he knows about Dantonio and Heacock. If we end up losing Narduzzi, I'll be interested on what he ends up hearing about it.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 18:37

I am pretty sure MSU will make a play for Harbaugh. Trust me, it's happening.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 20:23

Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde 34m34 minutes ago

Y sources: Mike Bobo to CSU now a done deal, will be introduced at news conference Tuesday. Narduzzi said no thanks to pursue Pittsburgh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 1:07

LooseGoose wrote:Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde 34m34 minutes ago

Y sources: Mike Bobo to CSU now a done deal, will be introduced at news conference Tuesday. Narduzzi said no thanks to pursue Pittsburgh.

Sounds like Narduzzi to Pitt is almost a done deal. Bring on Heacock (I really, really hope we land him).
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 5:31

Who's Heacock? I'll google.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 5:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Who's Heacock? I'll google.

I like this cock
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down