Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow! MLB puts a foot up the Astros ass! Suspensions fines draft choices

+10
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
aualum06
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
tGreenWay
steveschneider
Banks2Mason
DWags
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wow!  MLB puts a foot up the Astros ass!   Suspensions fines draft choices Empty Wow! MLB puts a foot up the Astros ass! Suspensions fines draft choices

Post by DWags Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Sending a message.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-hammers-astros-in-cheating-scandal-jeff-luhnow-aj-hinch-suspended-draft-picks-lost-more-coming/amp/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Wow!  MLB puts a foot up the Astros ass!   Suspensions fines draft choices Empty Re: Wow! MLB puts a foot up the Astros ass! Suspensions fines draft choices

Post by Banks2Mason Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:30 pm

that's insane, especially for a practice that's been going on since the beginning of signs.

- manager suspended without pay for a year
- GM suspended without pay for a year
- $5m fine (highest allowed)
- forfeit 1st and 2nd round picks in 2020 and 2021
- former asst. GM on ineligible list

jeez.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Wow!  MLB puts a foot up the Astros ass!   Suspensions fines draft choices Empty Re: Wow! MLB puts a foot up the Astros ass! Suspensions fines draft choices

Post by DWags Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Banks2Mason wrote:that's insane, especially for a practice that's been going on since the beginning of signs.

jeez.

Boston is next.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:34 pm

DWags wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:that's insane, especially for a practice that's been going on since the beginning of signs.

jeez.

Boston is next.

if they really wanted to send a message, they'd just make the astros and tigers switch rosters
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:42 pm

When is the MLB going to punish the Giants for the 1951 world series or the Braves for cheating in the 1948 World Series?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:44 pm

Banks2Mason wrote:
DWags wrote:

Boston is next.

if they really wanted to send a message, they'd just make the astros and tigers switch rosters

Wow!  MLB puts a foot up the Astros ass!   Suspensions fines draft choices 502811600 Wow!  MLB puts a foot up the Astros ass!   Suspensions fines draft choices 1837840279
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:45 pm

Astros need to hire the Patriots lawyers for the appeal.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:45 pm

steveschneider wrote:When is the MLB going to punish the Giants for the 1951 world series or the Braves for cheating in the 1948 World Series?

Or Jose Canseco for being Jose Canseco?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:48 pm

steveschneider wrote:When is the MLB going to punish the Giants for the 1951 world series or the Braves for cheating in the 1948 World Series?

I think it was the Indians that stole signs in 1948.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:48 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

When I go into the ball park I want to see cheating. I think it's hilarious.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:50 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Fucking Americans always blaming the Indians for everything.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:51 pm

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Maybe Jose can drop trow in the outfield so you can see him put the needle in his ass.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:53 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Maybe Jose can drop trow in the outfield so you can see him put the needle in his ass.

Canseco's a nutjob but he caught an unbelievable amount of shit for that book that turned out mostly being 100% right.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:53 pm

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Like when bosses take their secretaries for afternoon games?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:59 pm

Banks2Mason wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Canseco's a nutjob but he caught an unbelievable amount of shit for that book that turned out mostly being 100% right.

Actually, I only pulled his name out of the air for a post. I was reminded of the ball that hit his head and bounced out of the park Wow!  MLB puts a foot up the Astros ass!   Suspensions fines draft choices 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:02 pm

NigelUno wrote:

My bad, 1914 Braves. They were in last place in July and ended up winning the World Series. I remember watching Keith Olberman talk about it he claimed they doctored the ball. I looked it up and can't find anything substantiating it but I remember it well on his last ESPN show. He mentioned that and the Giants stealing signs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:06 pm

I don't understand why its considered "cheating".

Shit, it's 2019... if they want this stuff "sign stealing" proof, give them ear things and just talk to each other. They do it with QBs.

EDIT: Just read the article. I suppose I still don't understand. Why fk around with signs at all if the panties will be bunched about "stealing" them... even with cameras.

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:07 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Shit, it's 2019

lol!
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:09 pm

Banks2Mason wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Shit, it's 2019

lol!

DOH!
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Not a story I've followed closely, but I'm pretty surprised by a full year suspension for the manager and GM. Curious to see if Boston gets it the same, but I don't know if what they were doing was as much as what the Astros did.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Cameron wrote:Not a story I've followed closely, but I'm pretty surprised by a full year suspension for the manager and GM. Curious to see if Boston gets it the same, but I don't know if what they were doing was as much as what the Astros did.

They just got fired.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:26 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Cameron wrote:Not a story I've followed closely, but I'm pretty surprised by a full year suspension for the manager and GM. Curious to see if Boston gets it the same, but I don't know if what they were doing was as much as what the Astros did.

They just got fired.

for cause?
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:34 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

lol!

DOH!

Don’t feel bad. I was still writing 5779 on my checks two weeks after Rosh Hoshana.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Boston was worse.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:16 pm

Did some more reading and apparently Manfred issued a memo after the 2017 incidents telling teams that they would face severe sanctions if they engaged in further electronic sign stealing.

Fair warning, I guess.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:37 pm

Rubbin's racin'.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:43 pm

NigelUno wrote:

That’s racist.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:50 pm

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

That’s racist.

it's ok, they gave them back later
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:51 pm

Banks2Mason wrote:
DWags wrote:

That’s racist.

it's ok, they gave them back later

I refuse to say whether I laughed or not.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:49 pm

Let Gardy manage for this season, then boot him and Avila and bring in Hinch and Luhnow.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:49 pm

DWags wrote:

jeez.

Boston is next.

That's terrible news for that one ex-mod and his girlfriend.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:21 pm

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Boston is next.

That's terrible news for that one ex-mod and his girlfriend.

Who here is a Boston fan?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:42 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Heh, if there was a tasteful way for that to happen that would be highly entertaining.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:11 pm

The $5M the is small potatoes.

A $100M over 5 years fine like a better than average free agent pitcher contract would have sent a message.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:13 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:The $5M the is small potatoes.

A $100M over 5 years fine like a better than average free agent pitcher contract would have sent a message.

and would be illegal under MLBs bylaws but thanks for playing
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Losing their 1st and 2nd round draft picks for the next two years is a kick in the nuts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:39 pm

Alex Cora and the Red Sox clearly see the writing on the wall.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:41 pm

Cora out in Boston
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:50 pm

$5M is a joke and not a deterrent if another owner wants to follow suit if it gets them a WSC trophy. They make that much on beer sales for a year.

Same for the one year off for the GM and manager. 2 years puts them out of the game so anyone else wonders if the ring is worth it.

Not surprising the MLB by laws financially protect owners.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:04 pm

Seeing some of the dumbest takes of my life over this Astros story. Going to buy some Astros gear and show my support. Fuck the sports press.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next