Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How worried about Harbaugh being Michigan's coach? 1-10?

+18
By-Tor
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
The Pantry
Stoops21
I.B. Fine
kingstonlake
StylesGShmooth
steveschneider
HT
Rocinante
CORNER BLITZ
Herbie Green
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Turtleneck
Marc Summers
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How worried about Harbaugh being Michigan's coach? 1-10? Empty How worried about Harbaugh being Michigan's coach? 1-10?

Post by Marc Summers Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:11 pm

So it appears that Harbaugh is set to be announced as our top rival's coach in about a week. Obviously we have a Top 10 coach in NCAA football with an established program, so things are going well. But Harbaugh is a Top 2 coach in the NFL who also has a proven track record in college.

From the standpoint of the BigTen, this move is great. It bolsters the cache of the conference immediately nationwide. However, having to beat well oiled OSU and Michigan machines en route to the title will prove to be very difficult.
How worried are you about this? Are you excited for the opportunity for a better Big Ten competition wise?
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

How worried about Harbaugh being Michigan's coach? 1-10? Empty Re: How worried about Harbaugh being Michigan's coach? 1-10?

Post by Marc Summers Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Personally I'm at about a 7. We'll be fire for a couple years, then coach D will retire and things may not look so rosy.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

How worried about Harbaugh being Michigan's coach? 1-10? Empty Re: How worried about Harbaugh being Michigan's coach? 1-10?

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:12 pm

I'm not worried.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:17 pm

I worry more about mid management business men who wear shorts leave white button down shirts and ties which are too short trying to ask my daughters out Nucky.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:20 pm

As long as Dantonio doesn't flirt with NFL teams the next 10 years, keep recruiting consistently, cares about winning every game, avoid pulling players after one mistake/going bezerk on them... we should be fine.

"Worry"..? It doesn't even hit 1.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:20 pm

How worried about Harbaugh being Michigan's coach? 1-10? Count-zero
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:20 pm

The only thing that concerns me is having to hear about it for the next 8 months. "Your 5 minutes of fame are over sparty. Back to big two little 12. We are going to win the next 5 national championships blah blah blah"
Otherwise I could care less. Sure I would like UM to suck forever but we only play them once. Somebody else is always going to be good too.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Herbie Green wrote:The only thing that concerns me is having to hear about it for the next 8 months. "Your 5 minutes of fame are over sparty. Back to big two little 12. We are going to win the next 5 national championships blah blah blah"
Otherwise I could care less. Sure I would like UM to suck forever but we only play them once. Somebody else is always going to be good too.

Same, except I couldn't care less
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:26 pm

I'm not worried at all.  Harbaugh will do ok but the implosion will occur.   Could be an epic tire fire.   Dance with the devil and eventually you'll pay the piper.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Polls work nicely for this type of statistical analysis.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:35 pm

DWags wrote:I worry more about mid management business men who wear shorts leave white button down shirts and ties which are too short trying to ask my daughters out Nucky.
Why does that worry you? It could(and will most likely be) worse....
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:37 pm

What's there to be worried about? We have Coach D and he will have our guys ready to play Michigan no matter what.

If he goes, they'll win against us more, which will be a drag, but I think it won't ever be one-sided in their favor as long as we have Coach D.

Also, we kick his ass there and they won't have any excuses, so there's that.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:51 pm

Marc Summers wrote:Why does that worry you? It could(and will most likely be) worse....

Not a chance Nucky. We just had that conversation today while looking at houses. Not a chance.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:04 pm

DWags wrote:

Not a chance Nucky.  We just had that conversation today while looking at houses. Not a chance.  

He runs back to CFB with his tail between his legs and we are supposed to be scared? I heard all this before. Rich Rod was going to revolutionize the Big Ten. We that didn't work it was because Carr left the cupboard bare. When that excuse no longer worked it was time for Brady Hoke, who was going to return UM to glory. All Hoke did was win some recruiting championships. All they have in Ann Arbor is blind faith. I am not scared of their faith.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:21 pm

I said it all along its either down to Oakland #1 and UofM #2

If Oakland doesn't make a good offer he's a2 bound.

That being said I think mark dantonio could handle bo, mo, lloyd or Jim.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:49 pm

5. I know he made it work at Stanford, but the guy seems very abrasive and that can't work out well for recruiting.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Question for troll op, how concerned are you about having Harbaugh as a coach? Seems like a shitty hire.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:19 pm

He's perfect for us. Nothing better than a school that recruits a bunch of "stars" who think they've done it all with massive ego's........ Coached by a guy with an even bigger one.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:22 pm

It'll be gold watching all his recruits get steered into general studies. Something he complained about 10 years ago.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Looking at Harbaugh's coaching resume, he hasn't lasted more than 4 years anywhere so far. You'd think he has had enough success at SF to stay as long as he'd like, but apparently their are 'personality' issues.
So, IF he take the job in the land of douche-nozzles and ridiculous expectations, those 'issues' are going away? I'm not buying it.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:45 pm

Honestly not as worried about him as I am the impending media doom that will try to erase us from the map.

Jim coaches next to Bo's ghost!
Michigan is back!
The savior is here!
Sparty will be irrelevant soon

He could sweep up recruits like hoke but actually develop them. They suck right now and we will make it 7/8 next year.
If he stays more than four years what happens when coach d steps down? Does narduzzi come back? Does our next coach flop? How ****ed would we be?

But all in all we have coach d right now and recruits know we are winning the right way. It's the slurrpping I won't be able to handle and I am afraid I may fucking snap
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Stoops21 wrote:Honestly not as worried about him as I am the impending media doom that will try to erase us from the map.

Michigan is back!
The savior is here!

He could sweep up recruits like hoke but actually develop them. They suck right now and we will make it 7/8 next year.
If he stays more than four years what happens when coach d steps down? Does narduzzi come back? Does our next coach flop? How ****ed would we be?

But all in all we have coach d right now and recruits know we are winning the right way. It's the slurrpping I won't be able to handle and I am afraid I may fucking snap

I would have expected you to be off the rails crazy with how MSU is doomed and will never win again.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:13 pm

steveschneider wrote:I said it all along its either down to Oakland #1 and UofM #2

If Oakland doesn't make a good offer he's a2 bound.

That being said I think mark dantonio could handle bo, mo, lloyd or Jim.
Oakland doesn't even have to match UM's offer. He and his wife want to stay in the bay area. And I doubt he wants to recruit anymore. He'll be wearing black and silver next fall...not corn and blue.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Frankly, not worried. I do think he is the guy to turn them around. Coach D will be fine. Then we will have to battle with um and osu. Just as long as the "fans" realize a 2-3 loss team isn't a failure and we dont have to run anyone up the flag pole if they only split every other year.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Stoops21 wrote:Honestly not as worried about him as I am the impending media doom that will try to erase us from the map.

Michigan is back!
The savior is here!

I thought you were trying not to be a spazz. I gotta tell you, if we were behind enemy lines and you were in my platoon, we might have to kill you. You need to relax.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:41 pm

The Pantry wrote:Oakland doesn't even have to match UM's offer. He and his wife want to stay in the bay area. And I doubt he wants to recruit anymore. He'll be wearing black and silver next fall...not corn and blue.

Yes they do. No way he takes a penny less than the UofM offer.

If he goes to Oakland it's for more $$$ and control. Otherwise forget it. I actually think Oakland is heading in the right direction with their current coach. It's up to them though.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:44 pm

DWags wrote:

I thought you were trying not to be a spazz. I gotta tell you, if we were behind enemy lines and you were in my platoon, we might have to kill you. You need to relax.

How is this being a spazz? I just said where we are in our program it doesn't bother me. But the media and recruiting aspect is worrisome. That's all I am saying.
But with how
Hard they have fallen we kick their ass at least twice more before they come close
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Stoops21 wrote:

How is this being a spazz? I just said where we are in our program it doesn't bother me. But the media and recruiting aspect is worrisome. That's all I am saying.
But with how
Hard they have fallen we kick their ass at least twice more before they come close

UofM is really just a decent qb away from being 9-10 wins a year. We've been blessed with arm punt and Gardner.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:52 pm

steveschneider wrote:

We've been blessed with arm punt and arm punt 2.0.

Fixed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:56 pm

steveschneider wrote:

Yes they do. No way he takes a penny less than the UofM offer.

If he goes to Oakland it's for more $$$ and control. Otherwise forget it. I actually think Oakland is heading in the right direction with their current coach. It's up to them though.

Yeah, this hire is going to raise the bar on coaching salaries at the collegiate and NFL level. I think Payton makes about 8 mil/year. I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland gives St. James 10 per on a 5 year deal.

Has Marc Summers posted about this topic on mgoblog under his aaamichfan screen name? I don't really check that board out.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:17 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Yeah, this hire is going to raise the bar on coaching salaries at the collegiate and NFL level. I think Payton makes about 8 mil/year. I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland gives St. James 10 per on a 5 year deal.

Has Marc Summers posted about this topic on mgoblog under his aaamichfan screen name? I don't really check that board out.

Pretty crazy to think that a college team is hell bent on out bidding a pro fb team. What kind of expectations do you put on harbaugh for 8 mil a year? What kind of seasons does he have to have at that level of pay? Just beat OSU? 10 wins? Compete for nattys?

I will say this I'm a huge baseball nut, just because a team spends the big bucks doesn't guarantee shit. I think the same applies to this deal. This is a Brian cashman level move for Michigan. Could work might just be a huge waste of money.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:52 pm

steveschneider wrote:

Pretty crazy to think that a college team is hell bent on out bidding a pro fb team. What kind of expectations do you put on harbaugh for 8 mil a year? What kind of seasons does he have to have at that level of pay? Just beat OSU? 10 wins? Compete for nattys?

I will say this I'm a huge baseball nut, just because a team spends the big bucks doesn't guarantee shit. I think the same applies to this deal. This is a Brian cashman level move for Michigan. Could work might just be a huge waste of money.

Expectations and performance won't really matter if they land their big fish until year 3 or 4 imo. He could win 3 games in year 4 and some sniping might start at that point but they wouldn't run him out.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:35 pm

steveschneider wrote:

UofM is really just a decent qb away from being 9-10 wins a year. We've been blessed with arm punt and Gardner.
Lol you serious? They have a good defense and everything else sucks. They lost to maryland and Rutgers
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:01 am

Honestly...like a 3. The expectations are so out of whack in AA that Harbaugh will only raise those already unattainable expectations. Good luck appeasing and keeping that whack job fan base happy.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:18 am

LOL at anyone worried about Harbaugh.

Guy will win, but they will eventually get spoiled and have issues with him, or he'll bolt for the NFL again after a short time.

There's reports coming out that his heart is in the NFL. Even if he takes Michigan, I doubt he'll stay there long if that's the case.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:18 am

I'm not worried about Harbaugh. I'm sure he'll attract recruits and I'm sure he'll coach them well. As far as I'm concerned, having Harbaugh at SCum will only improve our strength of schedule. Coach D is a proven winner and I'm sure he'll continue to be. Eventually SCum will win games against us but it's not going to be every year like the moron walvies think. I'm more concerned about losing Narduzzi for the Cotton Bowl. I hope he gets the job at Pitt because he deserves it, but I also hope that he runs the defense for the Cotton Bowl game because I would hate to break in a new DC on such an important game. Next year, Coach D will have the new DC on board and hopefully, the D will be fine.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:41 am

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:27 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

How much do the wolvies offer their next new coach after Hairball goes back to the NFL, $10 million, $12 million?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:56 am

The delusion is strong over at MGoBlow right now:

Victors for Harbaugh
MGoPoints: -278
Honestly, I don't want to see

Honestly, I don't want to see him leave. If MSU doesn't have Narduzzi, it won't even be fair next year with Harbaugh.

If you build it, he will come.

December 23rd, 2014 at 12:52 AM
(Reply to #12) #42
snarling wolverine
snarling wolverine's picture
MGoPoints: 14165
Did they complain that it was

Did they complain that it was "unfair" when they got to go up against RichRod's defenses or Hoke's offense? Didn't think so.

December 23rd, 2014 at 3:16 AM
(Reply to #12) #43
Tater
Tater's picture
MGoPoints: 17195
"Honestly?"

"Honestly," I want to see the Fightin' Harbaughs average 40-0 over Sparty for the next ten years and put them back in their place.

December 23rd, 2014 at 7:07 AM
(Reply to #47) #44
cGOBLUEm
cGOBLUEm's picture
MGoPoints: 936
Not good enough. 50-0. Need to shut Sparty mouths.

Not good enough. 50-0. Need to shut Sparty mouths.

Go Blue! Come home Jim!

December 23rd, 2014 at 12:37 AM
McSomething
MGoPoints: 1905
The landscape of the Big Ten
The landscape of the Big Ten may be getting a seismic shift in our favor.

December 23rd, 2014 at 12:38 AM
(Reply to #13) #46
'07LesMilesMafia
MGoPoints: 673
yep; wait til our coaching
yep; wait til our coaching staff is filled with NFL guys. talk about a recruit's dream.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:21 am

tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next