Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update: Cutcliffe turned them down

+13
Robert J Sakimano
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
Code_Warrior
DWags
Big Ten Referee
steveschneider
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
CORNER BLITZ
tTito
NigelUno
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down Empty The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update: Cutcliffe turned them down

Post by NigelUno Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 16:10

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Source-Michigan-Reached-Out-To-Cutcliffe-33718652

Last edited by NigelUno on Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 23:25; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down Empty Re: The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update: Cutcliffe turned them down

Post by tTito Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 16:13

No, neither is the Western Michigan coach:

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/542397349113245696
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down Empty Re: The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update: Cutcliffe turned them down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 16:14

Plan C already?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 16:20

PJ Fleck was on the Rome show this afternoon and he was awesome. Rome was hyping him for Michigan, but Fleck wouldn't take the bait. This guy is an absolute lunatic, I love him too much for him to go to Michigan.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 16:30

What's the story with this Fleck guy?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 16:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What's the story with this Fleck guy?

Can't say or we might all get sued.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 16:44

You gotta listen to this guy. He is the best. 3rd link down. Stay with it. The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down 502811600

http://jimrome.com/2014/12/09/1292014-nfl-mvp-mayweather-cam/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 17:03

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You gotta listen to this guy. He is the best. 3rd link down. Stay with it. The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down 502811600

http://jimrome.com/2014/12/09/1292014-nfl-mvp-mayweather-cam/

Wow, love this guy's energy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 18:29

Mike "Ride the Bike" Hart is Fleck's RB coach.
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 18:38

Big Ten Referee wrote:Mike "Ride the Bike" Hart is Fleck's RB coach.

Mike Hart would be the best choice, why can't they see it?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 19:19

Cutcliffe hire would get my attention.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 19:51

DWags wrote:Cutcliffe hire would get my attention.

Seems like it would be a weak hire.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 20:16

steveschneider wrote:

Seems like it would be a weak hire.

Walmart Nation wants a big name hire. That ain't one.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 20:24

steveschneider wrote:

Wow, love this guy's energy.  

The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down Giphy

The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down IHKMxhGspCbuS

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 20:29

Great interview! He will almost certainly be moving to the next level. Can you imagine being recruited by him? Good for WMU!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 20:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down Giphy

The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down IHKMxhGspCbuS

That Youtube clip was awesome.

My take away he's just a real positive force. Love his attitude, his belief in himself and what he does.

In the big CMU vs. WMU rivalry sign me up for the WMU bandwagon.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 21:08

He's a goofball, but he seems to be a pretty good coach. I guess the players are buying his boat rowing stuff. Also, he is 34.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 21:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What's the story with this Fleck guy?

The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down PecVeQY
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 21:50

ha... WBH beat me too it
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 21:56

Sounds like all is going according to plan in Ann Arbor:

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 21m21 minutes ago
Michigan. RT @JohnKollm: @FootballScoop How do they seem so far behind? Not like search was a surprise.

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 1m1 minute ago
What I have been hearing from coaches>> RT @JohnKollm: @khochs @FootballScoop No rush to hire but no semblance of organized process in place
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 22:15

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 5m5 minutes ago

Sources tell FootballScoop that Bo Pelini plans to accept the head coaching position at Youngstown State http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 23:18

FootballScoop Staff retweeted
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 11m11 minutes ago

Was told tonight #Michigan officials offered David Cutcliffe their job but the #Duke coach turned it down. Times sure have changed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 1:28

LooseGoose wrote: FootballScoop Staff retweeted

Was told tonight #Michigan officials offered David Cutcliffe their job but the #Duke coach turned it down. Times sure have changed.

Can we believe this guy?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 6:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Can we believe this guy?

If we can't believe Gil Brandt, who can we believe?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 7:24

LooseGoose wrote: FootballScoop Staff retweeted

I so want this to be true, just for the banter possibilities.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 7:39

MiamiSpartan wrote:
I so want this to be true, just for the banter possibilities.

Honestly, I have a hard time believing that is true. Wouldn't you interview him first? I mean...maybe they did...or maybe they are just desperate at this point.

My guess is their search firm called and asked if he was interested and he said no. Does that mean he turned down an offer? I guess we can run with that.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 7:48

NigelUno wrote:

Honestly, I have a hard time believing that is true. Wouldn't you interview him first? I mean...maybe they did...or maybe they are just desperate at this point.

My guess is their search firm called and asked if he was interested and he said no. Does that mean he turned down an offer? I guess we can run with that.

Being reported by Mark Snyder. The Walverines in the comment section refuse to believe it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 7:51

SCum sucks so bad.. The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down 1966794946 The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down 1966794946 The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 8:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:SCum sucks so bad.. The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down 1966794946 The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down 1966794946 The Duke coach isn't Jim Harbaugh, right? Update:  Cutcliffe turned them down 1966794946

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 8:28

Turtleneck wrote:

as a proud graduate of MSU, this was the happiest day of my life. Thanks for letting me re-live it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 8:31

..........and yet Muschamp and Weiss sit by their phones; waiting,.....waiting

75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 8:36

If UM is looking to upgrade, then Weiss is their man.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 8:43

75alum wrote:..........and yet Muschamp and Weiss sit by their phones; waiting,.....waiting

Muschamp will be a DC in the SEC. Weiss should get an OC job somewhere.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 8:51

steveschneider wrote:

Being reported by Mark Snyder. The Walverines in the comment section refuse to believe it.

But, Snyder's "report" is based on Gil Brandt's tweet/info.  Maybe they did offer it to him, but I mean who really knows?  I think it's semantics.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 10:10

NigelUno wrote:

Weiss should get an OC job somewhere.

He has big time schematic advantages.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 10:21

NigelUno wrote:

But, Snyder's "report" is based on Gil Brandt's tweet/info.  Maybe they did offer it to him, but I mean who really knows?  I think it's semantics.

i'd just like to think all the baggage of that job makes it undesirable. It seems like a very toxic employment situation having to live up to the unrealistic myth of bo, having all those rich big money a holes on the side trying exert their influence on the university, the ex players trying to exert their influence, old man Lloyd pulling strings behind the scenes..to use PJ's metaphor, they aren't rowing together in A2 these days. I buy it that, at age 60 Cutliffe said 'no thanks' to the job offer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 10:40

steveschneider wrote:

i'd just like to think all the baggage of that job makes it undesirable. It seems like a very toxic employment situation having to live up to the unrealistic myth of bo, having all those rich big money a holes on the side trying exert their influence on the university, the ex players trying to exert their influence, old man Lloyd pulling strings behind the scenes..to use PJ's metaphor, they aren't rowing together in A2 these days. I buy it that, at age 60 Cutliffe said 'no thanks' to the job offer.
They just fired a disciple of Bo, who said all the right things and was considered a 'Michigan Man', right after they previously fired an outsider who tried to change the culture. Who the hell in their right mind, that is already established, would want to take that job? Its going to end up being a Coordinator or a coach from a smaller school.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 10:44

steveschneider wrote:

Whether it was offered or not, or he was offered an interview, or whatever...he still got to say he turned them down. That's the message that is everywhere.

How not to hire a Head Coach. Part III.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 10:45

InTenSity wrote:
They just fired a disciple of Bo, who said all the right things and was considered a 'Michigan Man', right after they previously fired an outsider who tried to change the culture. Who the hell in their right mind, that is already established, would want to take that job? Its going to end up being a Coordinator or a coach from a smaller school.

I think they might go back to Miles.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 10:48

NigelUno wrote:

I think they might go back to Miles.
I hope so.. he sucks.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next