Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial gun thread

+30
Sollomun
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
TheReal_LWS
GirbaudJeans
Heat Miser
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
xsanguine
Cameron
steveschneider
The_Dude
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
Cym Jim
beal99
Herbie Green
Senior Dickfist
Ass Dan
SeeRockCity
Robert J Sakimano
Green Note
Fallenangle
Cosmo_Kramer
tTito
TravelinMan
LoneWolfSparty
34 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Picture Re: tOfficial gun thread

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-23, 18:46

tTito wrote:My new EDC.

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g40gen4mos

Nice, but expensive to take to the range no?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-03-24, 08:44

SeeRockCity wrote:

I hand load on a Dillon 650 XL.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-24, 09:31

tTito wrote:

There are a great many on this board who "unload by hand"
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-24, 09:33

tTito wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

Ah. Nice.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-03-24, 09:40

tTito wrote:

So the answer is yes. :)
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-03-24, 10:44

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

So the answer is yes. :)

Before I had kids I shot USPSA and IDPA matches every weekend so it didn't take long for the Dillon to pay for itself.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2015-03-24, 11:15

I want to buy and M1 Garand. Anyone have one ? I was looking at this site and was thinking about going with the Special Grade. I dont really care if the whole rifle is original. http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-03-24, 11:32

GirbaudJeans wrote:I want to buy and M1 Garand. Anyone have one ? I was looking at this site and was thinking about going with the Special Grade. I dont really care if the whole rifle is original. http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

The CMP has been around since before WW I. It would be a good bet to a acquire a shooter to have fun with.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-03-24, 19:37

Anyone here tried out a Kahr CW380?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-25, 10:28

tOfficial gun thread - Page 3 1494614055

tOfficial gun thread - Page 3 1421277327177-P-2365122
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-25, 10:37

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/03/concealed-carrie-athletic-shirt-offers-women-confidence-to-carry-while-pursuing-o/#axzz3VPBsFdGqtOfficial gun thread - Page 3 CC-Athletic-Shirt-front-web
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-03-25, 16:21

Jake from State Farm wrote:Anyone here tried out a Kahr CW380?

I would advise shooting one before you buy. It's really small and the trigger pull is really long. You almost have to change your grip through the trigger pull. Really tough to shoot with any degree of accuracy beyond point blank.

I have a P9 and PM9. I'm probably going to unload the PM9 for the same reason. I have Glock 42 .380 that's the same size as the PM9 and is a lot more shooter-friendly. My favorite .380 is my Colt Mustang.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-03-25, 18:44

tTito wrote:

I would advise shooting one before you buy. It's really small and the trigger pull is really long. You almost have to change your grip through the trigger pull. Really tough to shoot with any degree of accuracy beyond point blank.

I have a P9 and PM9. I'm probably going to unload the PM9 for the same reason. I have Glock 42 .380 that's the same size as the PM9 and is a lot more shooter-friendly. My favorite .380 is my Colt Mustang.

Kind of like the jamming Jennings .22 I inherited. Lol worst shooting gun ever.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-25, 19:17

Carry CZ 75 Compact D.

Very smooth trigger pull. Great feel. Not too big, nor too small.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-03-25, 19:22

tTito wrote:

I've been advised to stay away from Glocks unless I really, really know what the hell I'm doing. I was thinking about a Glock 43 and the guy I talked to suggested the Kahr. He's been into private protection services and mercenary services for most of his adult life, but it never hurts to get another opinion.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-03-25, 19:24

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Kind of like the jamming Jennings .22 I inherited. Lol worst shooting gun ever.

I've got one of those, that's why I'm looking for something else. With the Jennings it might be worthwhile to try different brands of bullets until you find one that fires reliably.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-03-26, 08:31

Jake from State Farm wrote:
tTito wrote:

I've been advised to stay away from Glocks unless I really, really know what the hell I'm doing. I was thinking about a Glock 43 and the guy I talked to suggested the Kahr. He's been into private protection services and mercenary services for most of his adult life, but it never hurts to get another opinion.

tOfficial gun thread - Page 3 502811600
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-03-26, 08:41

tTito wrote:
tTito wrote:

Yeah Travis should never listen to that idiot again.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-03-26, 16:54

tTito wrote:
tTito wrote:

What is funny about that? Glocks are number one on the list of guns in people accidently shooting themselves. I'd rather not be trying to pull a combat pistol with a hot trigger unless I've been well schooled in using it, but if you're comfortable with using something like that on a daily basis, more power to you. I'd rather have something with a safety that I have to make a consious decision to flip off.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-26, 18:41

tTito wrote:

What is funny about that? Glocks are number one on the list of guns in people accidently shooting themselves. I'd rather not be trying to pull a combat pistol with a hot trigger unless I've been well schooled in using it, but if you're comfortable with using something like that on a daily basis, more power to you. I'd rather have something with a safety that I have to make a consious decision to flip off.

While I cannot confirm that Glocks are top of list, I do not doubt it. Can anyone post a story of a cop shooting himself or some other negligent discharges that WAS NOT a Glock.

Here is a classic:

Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-03-26, 19:03

If you point any gun at your foot with a loaded chamber and pull the trigger it will probably put a hole in your foot. Oh, wait...... just Glocks do that. tOfficial gun thread - Page 3 502811600

Glock is the number one selling law-enforcement sidearm in the world. Even amongst.....tOfficial gun thread - Page 3 1494614055 ..... mercenaries.

Seriously Jake, it IS about the trigger and it's also about being able to shoot accurately and rapidly and from awkward shooting positions. Take the time to learn the different platforms (I'm talking actually using them), decide what you like, and then IF and only IF you are dedicated to mastering the lawful use of self defense (emotionally, physically and intellectually) with your chosen weapon, buy it.

If not, buy a can of gas and call it good.

Edit: If you are really interested in this shit you need to know how to fight without weapons too.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-26, 19:22

tTito wrote:If you point any gun at your foot with a loaded chamber and pull the trigger it will probably put a hole in your foot. Oh, wait...... just Glocks do that. tOfficial gun thread - Page 3 502811600

Well if one is unsafe enough to have finger on trigger, that trigger safety makes it much easier to put a hole in your foot.

Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-03-26, 19:28

tTito wrote:If you point any gun at your foot with a loaded chamber and pull the trigger it will probably put a hole in your foot. Oh, wait...... just Glocks do that. tOfficial gun thread - Page 3 502811600

Glock is the number one selling law-enforcement sidearm in the world. Even amongst.....tOfficial gun thread - Page 3 1494614055 ..... mercenaries.

Seriously Jake, it IS about the trigger and it's also about being able to shoot accurately and rapidly and from awkward shooting positions. Take the time to learn the different platforms (I'm talking actually using them), decide what you like, and then IF and only IF you are dedicated to mastering the lawful use of self defense (emotionally, physically and intellectually) with your chosen weapon, buy it.

If not, buy a can of gas and call it good.

Edit: If you are really interested in this shit you need to know how to fight without weapons too.

The chances of me ever having to use a gun to defend myself are slim to none, but on the off chance that I have to pull one out of my pocket I don't want the bad guy rolling around laughing because I just shot myself.

The guy used to work for Blackwater, he claims that for the type of situations he was in the Glock was ideal. Now in civilian life he won't own one. What can I say?

His overall advice, find something I'm comfortable with, hence the question about the Kahr.

Last edited by Jake from State Farm on 2015-03-26, 19:32; edited 2 times in total
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-03-26, 19:30

Green Note wrote:

Well if one is unsafe enough to have finger on trigger, that trigger safety makes it much easier to put a hole in your foot.

Glocks aren't the only guns with trigger safties.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-26, 19:54

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
Green Note wrote:

Glocks aren't the only guns with trigger safties.

although that was not what was being referred to quoted post, I wouldn't recommend those either.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-26, 20:11

Jake from State Farm wrote:The guy used to work for Blackwater ..............

the Kahr.

I have trouble reconciling these two items.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-30, 19:14

http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/03/soldier-dies-massive-erection-after-firing-50-cal/

Soldier Dies From Massive Erection After Firing .50-Cal For The First Time

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/03/soldier-dies-massive-erection-after-firing-50-cal/#ixzz3VuiPL7bU
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-30, 21:03

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-30, 22:03

farao
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-30, 22:23

Suggested birthday present for BobS?

tOfficial gun thread - Page 3 CBW3SHnUgAEdilS
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2015-03-31, 01:32

I talked to a guy at our gun club who was a former sheriff. He shot himself in the leg holstering his glock. He was wearing a jacket that had those ties on the sides and one of them somehow got into the trigger guard. The elastic basically pulled the trigger and the catch thingy (don't know what to call it) was stuck on the holster. This could have happened with any gun really but the guy hates Glocks now. There are a lot of handguns that have the same trigger safety as Glock.
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2015-03-31, 01:33

This is the thingy i was talking about.

https://sewingforlife.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/dscf0240.jpg
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-03-31, 07:00

GirbaudJeans wrote:I talked to a guy at our gun club who was a former sheriff. He shot himself in the leg holstering his glock. He was wearing a jacket that had those ties on the sides and one of them somehow got into the trigger guard. The elastic basically pulled the trigger and the catch thingy (don't know what to call it) was stuck on the holster. This could have happened with any gun really but the guy hates Glocks now. There are a lot of handguns that have the same trigger safety as Glock.

Meh. Is like blaming the brand of chain saw when you cut off your finger.

One thing about my Glock, I can hit a 4" circle at 50yds with it. That accuracy is hard to find in a handgun.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-08, 14:36

scratch

Working guns prohibited at NRA convention
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)