Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connor Cook had a bad game overall against Nebraska

+10
duffy munn
SeeRockCity
Rocinante
LoneWolfSparty
Big Ten Referee
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
The_Dude
14 posters

Go down

Connor Cook had a bad game overall against Nebraska Empty Connor Cook had a bad game overall against Nebraska

Post by The_Dude 2014-10-08, 12:07

Its ok to say that. The expert scout on BTN Football and Beyond said the game hurt his draft stock and exposed some flaws he still needs to work on. Happy feet a few times in the pocket resulting in bad throws and the fact he continues to not be able to execute a screen of any sorts. Needs to be more decisive sometimes and tuck and run.

It doesn't appear like he's ready for the NFL yet. Ohio State game is the next game he will have a big audience for to play a great game.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Connor Cook had a bad game overall against Nebraska Empty Re: Connor Cook had a bad game overall against Nebraska

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-08, 12:15

WB. I missed your positive attitude.  Connor Cook had a bad game overall against Nebraska 2275418548
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Connor Cook had a bad game overall against Nebraska Empty Re: Connor Cook had a bad game overall against Nebraska

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-10-08, 12:28

Did you figure that out when you heard Connor Cook say after the game "I had a bad game today."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-10-08, 12:29

Link or its a lie.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-08, 12:49

The_Dude wrote:Its ok to say that.  The expert scout on BTN Football and Beyond said the game hurt his draft stock and exposed some flaws he still needs to work on.  Happy feet a few times in the pocket resulting in bad throws and the fact he continues to  not be able to execute a screen of any sorts.  Needs to be more decisive sometimes and tuck and run.

It doesn't appear like he's ready for the NFL yet.  Ohio State game is the next game he will have a big audience for to play a great game.
you would be banned for life if you posted this at tRCMB.. possibly even sentenced to death... or worse - forced to attend one of their tailgate parties.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-10-08, 12:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
you would be banned for life if you posted this at tRCMB.. possibly even sentenced to death... or worse - forced to attend one of their tailgate parties.

True. Long live free speech. Connor Cook had a bad game overall against Nebraska 3493939353
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee 2014-10-08, 12:56

I masturbate a lot.
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-08, 12:57

The_Dude wrote:

True. Long live free speech. Connor Cook had a bad game overall against Nebraska 3493939353
long live free speech, free thought and tSwill.. Connor Cook had a bad game overall against Nebraska 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-10-08, 15:46

The_Dude wrote:Its ok to say that. The expert scout on BTN Football and Beyond said the game hurt his draft stock and exposed some flaws he still needs to work on. Happy feet a few times in the pocket resulting in bad throws and the fact he continues to not be able to execute a screen of any sorts. Needs to be more decisive sometimes and tuck and run.

It doesn't appear like he's ready for the NFL yet. Ohio State game is the next game he will have a big audience for to play a great game.

I think you sat behind me Saturday night. We are up 27-3 and all the tool behind me could talk about was how bad Cook looked.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-10-08, 16:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:long live free speech, free thought and tSwill.. Connor Cook had a bad game overall against Nebraska 3493939353

And black animals!!

You know, like panthers and bats, and... Like... Really dark snakes.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-10-08, 17:07

Agree.

I thought Cook looked mostly average with a few great throws. He seemed to struggle with short / intermediate stuff.

Have to think the weather was a big issue there. Tommy Armstrong looked horrendous so maybe it was a difficult day to play the position.

While we're on the subject, why does our offense keep looking lost in the second half of these big games?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-10-08, 17:29

Yes the weather was a factor but the breakdown on BTN showed sloppy footwork.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-10-08, 22:02

Not Cook's best effort.

I'm going to throw something really crazy out there.

I think maybe the Nebraska defense had something to do with it.

Last edited by duffy munn on 2014-10-08, 22:34; edited 1 time in total
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-10-08, 22:03

Thanks for the riveting and refreshing discussion, The_Douche.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-09, 10:41

Death Roe wrote:Thanks for the riveting and refreshing discussion, The_Douche.

You are a very negative person.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-09, 10:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Can you point me to a thread that OP hasn't started like this. 

I mean no disrespect and think player A is a great person and player, but man, he ****ing sucks and really should be benched in favor of doing something better. I can't believe how badly he played and if this continues we will lose games in the future. I'm a debby downer and never bring anything positive anywhere.
-signed tDude.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-10-09, 11:30

duffy munn wrote:Not Cook's best effort.

I'm going to throw something really crazy out there.

I think maybe the Nebraska defense had something to do with it.

The weather obviously did have something to do with it. But Cook simply is a dumpster fire when it comes to executing screens. Not sure why. His first pass of the game when he donked it off the NU defender was simply awful.

BTN brokedown his game film and his footwork was not good. He looks uncomfortable under pressure too much. We all thought the Oregon happy feet under pressure was due to his injury, but he looked the same vs NU.

Hopefully he gets his groove back. Going to need him at the top of his game to beat Ohio State.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-10-09, 11:34

Which phrase is more overused; dumpster fire or aids (or syphilis or Ebola, etc) related fire?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-10-09, 17:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Name one positive thread The_Douche has started.

I'll wait while you research. He is a cancer to MSU fans.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-10-09, 18:40

The_Dude wrote:Its ok to say that. The expert scout on BTN Football and Beyond said the game hurt his draft stock and exposed some flaws he still needs to work on. Happy feet a few times in the pocket resulting in bad throws and the fact he continues to not be able to execute a screen of any sorts. Needs to be more decisive sometimes and tuck and run.

He's probably a first round QB who has played better. I agree about the screen. Without looking at them specifically, maybe it's the scheme. I can't remember when I saw a good screen, throwing it or blocking it or running it after catch. Maybe I'm blocking it out. Help me out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-10-12, 15:00

Bump. Another mediocre game.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-12, 15:13

He's a gun slinger. He's going to have those risky throws.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-10-12, 15:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:He's a gun slinger. He's going to have those risky throws.

I don't think that's what's going on. He's seemed tentative on some throws and just lost on others. I think defenses are switching up looks on him and exposing some flaws. I think he'll figure it out.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-10-12, 15:36

I just don't think he's very good. Seems a little dim too.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down