Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connor Cook

+13
Ted Brogan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Heat Miser
Herbie Green
Turtleneck
DWags
Larry Kazamias
NigelUno
SawGreen
steveschneider
Blanch32
InTenSity
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Connor Cook  Empty Connor Cook

Post by steveschneider 30/08/14, 07:24 am

Is going to be the greatest Spartan QB of all time. After next week when he cuts up Oregons D he had better be in discussion for the Heisman trophy.

There's no doubt in my mind that he is the best QB in the B10, the question is where does he rank in the nation?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Connor Cook  Empty Re: Connor Cook

Post by InTenSity 30/08/14, 07:41 am

Didn't you hear? It's now Kenny football.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 30/08/14, 08:08 am

Hope his knee is fine after that cheap shot
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 30/08/14, 08:18 am

InTenSity wrote:Didn't you hear? It's now Kenny football.

Next week is a huge opportunity to get some well deserved recognition in the game of the week.

It's hard to make big headlines after devouring an FCS team, but for what it is worth Drew Sharp seems to be giving nothing but praise out this morning. He seemed legitimately impressed after game 1.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 30/08/14, 09:11 am

He is injured. The question is, how badly. Impressive showing yesterday.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 30/08/14, 09:14 am

InTenSity wrote:Didn't you hear? It's now Kenny football.

Get on the plane.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 30/08/14, 09:15 am

steveschneider wrote:

Next week is a huge opportunity to get some well deserved recognition in the game of the week.

It's hard to make big headlines after devouring an FCS team, but for what it is worth Drew Sharp seems to be giving nothing but praise out this morning. He seemed legitimately impressed after game 1.

Had some good highlights on SportsCenter. Being the only top team playing helped.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 30/08/14, 09:27 am

Props to the knee brace.  Otherwise that was McGahee.  I saw the season flash before my eyes.
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 30/08/14, 09:41 am

Happy nothing happened to Cook. However, how many posters on here wanted Terry last year? I thought there were a ton of them? If so, you wouldn't be confident in him. Obviously Cook is our best, because as was said over and over last year, Dantonio will play the best people. But Terry with the ones might be intriguing. With the subs last night, not so much.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 30/08/14, 09:51 am

Connor Cook  969504605
DWags wrote:Happy nothing happened to Cook.  However, how many posters on here wanted Terry last year?  I thought there were a ton of them?  If so, you wouldn't be confident in him.  Obviously Cook is our best, because as was said over and over last year, Dantonio will play the best people.  But Terry with the ones might be intriguing.  With the subs last night, not so much.

I can see understand why the fans were that way...we came off a year of Roushar and Maxwell and at the start of last year our best offensive player was Calhoun.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 30/08/14, 10:20 am

He threw an incomplete pass against a IAA team. Stop blowing sunshine.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 31/08/14, 04:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 30/08/14, 10:25 am

Turtleneck wrote:He threw an incomplete pass against a IA team. Stop blowing sunshine.

Receiver dropped it. Connor Cook  3003718628
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 30/08/14, 10:36 am

DWags wrote:Happy nothing happened to Cook.  However, how many posters on here wanted Terry last year?  I thought there were a ton of them?  If so, you wouldn't be confident in him.  Obviously Cook is our best, because as was said over and over last year, Dantonio will play the best people.  But Terry with the ones might be intriguing.  With the subs last night, not so much.

What I found more interesting was how the blowers got duped into thinking it was Maxwell's job all along. Some of them are still making excuses for him.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 30/08/14, 10:45 am

NigelUno wrote:

Receiver dropped it.  Connor Cook  3003718628

So MSU is back to receivers that can't catch balls? And what about the defense? They allowed a touchdown. Fire (insert coordinator or position coach here).
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 30/08/14, 11:55 am

Connor Cook was 12-of-13 for 285 yards (21.9 YPA) and 3 touchdowns in Michigan State's win against Jacksonville State on Friday night. He had a 99.98 raw QBR, which is the highest of any player with at least 15 action plays in the last 10 seasons

Shocked
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 30/08/14, 12:59 pm

Herbie Green wrote:

What I found more interesting was how the blowers got duped into thinking it was Maxwell's job all along.  Some of them are still making excuses for him.

What's even funnier is when you go back and read all those threads a lot of people were just saying "Dantonio will play who he thinks gives us the vest chance to win" and the morons who over react automatically thought that meant they were saying "Maxwell". It became kind of funny to write it and see the idiots reaction.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 30/08/14, 01:34 pm

steveschneider wrote:Is going to be the greatest Spartan QB of all time. After next week when he cuts up Oregons D he had better be in discussion for the Heisman trophy.

There's no doubt in my mind that he is the best QB in the B10, the question is where does he rank in the nation?
August Heisman.. Connor Cook  3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 30/08/14, 01:48 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
August Heisman.. Connor Cook  3493939353

September, Bob. September.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 30/08/14, 02:18 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Get on the plane.

Just got to traverse. Brought summer with me.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 30/08/14, 02:19 pm

InTenSity wrote:

Just got to traverse. Brought summer with me.

Will you be posting pics of your golf outing on Instragram?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 30/08/14, 03:02 pm

I don't have Instagram, but I do have an imgur app, so I'll probably post here instead.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 30/08/14, 04:04 pm

DWags wrote:

What's even funnier is when you go back and read all those threads a lot of people were just saying "Dantonio will play who he thinks gives us the vest chance to win" and the morons who over react automatically thought that meant they were saying "Maxwell".   It became kind of funny to write it and see the idiots reaction.

And then he put Maxwell in against ND.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 30/08/14, 04:13 pm

Herbie Green wrote:

Connor Cook  502811600

Cook was playing his ass off, and Dantonio screwed it up!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 30/08/14, 04:22 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Connor Cook  502811600

Cook was playing his ass off, and Dantonio screwed it up!

Pretty much. Although I never found it hilarious.

I had no problem with Dantonio's handling of the rest of it and never thought he was loyal to a fault like many suggested, but that was an undeniable disaster. I was throwing stuff at the tv as soon as I saw Maxwell trotting out there. I really wanted to believe Cook was injured.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 30/08/14, 04:45 pm

Herbie Green wrote:

you mean he thought Maxwell might give us a spark? How dare he. I ca't believe a coach would pull someone who was currently 16/33 for 135 yards. But, as most of the great coaches on that board are want to do, they know what he should have done right after he did it. It's always a great read.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 30/08/14, 04:58 pm

DWags wrote:

you mean he thought Maxwell might give us a spark?   How dare he.  I ca't believe a coach would pull someone who was currently 16/33 for 135 yards.   But, as most of the great coaches on that board are want to do, they know what he should have done right after he did it.  It's always a great read.  

I think a lot of us likely thought it was a disaster before it happened. In retrospect, it was a good thing Maxwell crapped the bed. If he had actually won that game he likely would have won the job, MSU would have gone 8-4 and we would be in exactly the same spot today as we were a year ago.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 30/08/14, 05:01 pm

He's no Maxwell
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 30/08/14, 05:07 pm

Herbie Green wrote:

I think a lot of us likely thought it was a disaster before it happened.   In retrospect,  it was a good thing Maxwell crapped the bed.  If he had actually won that game he likely would have won the job, MSU would have gone 8-4 and we would be in exactly the same spot today as we were a year ago.

again, I'm amazed at what some people know exactly what would happen.  " 8-4, and in the same place" is an impressive tea leave reading job.   I'm assuming you use that knowledge to win quite a few football bets.  Congrats.  

Like I said, even if I thought Cook should have stayed in, Dantonio saw someone who was 16-33 135 yards and maybe thought we needed a spark.  It was obviously the wrong move.  It's one of those things where you hope the coach has guessed right.  It didn't work out.  But I've always felt uncomfortable just "knowing" what was going to happen.  Last year there wasn't a person associated with MSU football after the third game that thought MSU would be 13-1.  However, I know plenty of people will tell me I'm full of it.  It's the best part of armchair quarterbacking, you're never wrong.

Last edited by DWags on 30/08/14, 05:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 30/08/14, 05:09 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:He's no Maxwell

And we're better off for it. However, Maxwell will do just fine.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 30/08/14, 05:43 pm

Why the **** are we rehashing this shit?

Kid had the highest raw QBR rating in ten years LAST NIGHT and people are yammering on about a game from A YEAR ago. WTF?

Some of you are like women with this shit. Let it go already.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 30/08/14, 05:44 pm

Heat Miser wrote:Why the **** are we rehashing this shit?

Kid had the highest raw QBR rating in ten years LAST NIGHT and people are yammering on about a game from A YEAR ago. WTF?

Some of you are like women with this shit. Let it go already.

OK
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan 30/08/14, 05:49 pm

Herbie Green wrote:Pretty much.  Although I never found it hilarious.

I had no problem with Dantonio's handling of the rest of it and never thought he was loyal to a fault like many suggested, but that was an undeniable disaster.   I was throwing stuff at the tv as soon as I saw Maxwell trotting out there.  I really wanted to believe Cook was injured.

I thought Cook was injured near the end of the game? I remember him holding his elbow or wrist as we walked off the field after a late drive. It seemed like Dantonio just wanted to take the heat for losing without revealing Cook had a slight injury and to shield Maxwell from blame. That's all in the past, though. :)
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 30/08/14, 05:58 pm

Ted Brogan wrote:

I thought Cook was injured near the end of the game? I remember him holding his elbow or wrist as we walked off the field after a late drive. It seemed like Dantonio just wanted to take the heat for losing without revealing Cook had a slight injury and to shield Maxwell from blame. That's all in the past, though. :)

Connor Cook  3003718628
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 30/08/14, 08:27 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

September, Bob. September.
in the spirit of not being overconfident, I was going wait until September to celebrate our September Heisman..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 31/08/14, 12:33 am

Ted Brogan wrote:

It was on BTN special after the game last night. Cook wanted a chance to win the game but Dantonio gave the ball to Maxwell.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan 31/08/14, 12:44 am

Herbie Green wrote:It was on BTN special after the game last night.  Cook wanted a chance to win the game but Dantonio gave the ball to Maxwell.

Interesting to know - thanks. :)
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 31/08/14, 01:17 am

DWags wrote:

again, I'm amazed at what some people know exactly what would happen.  " 8-4, and in the same place" is an impressive tea leave reading job.   I'm assuming you use that knowledge to win quite a few football bets.  Congrats.  

Like I said, even if I thought Cook should have stayed in, Dantonio saw someone who was 16-33 135 yards and maybe thought we needed a spark.  It was obviously the wrong move.  It's one of those things where you hope the coach has guessed right.  It didn't work out.  But I've always felt uncomfortable just "knowing" what was going to happen.  Last year there wasn't a person associated with MSU football after the third game that thought MSU would be 13-1.  However, I know plenty of people will tell me I'm full of it.  It's the best part of armchair quarterbacking, you're never wrong.

So basically you agree. Although I think my 8-4 would have been overly optimistic. People were praying for that if Maxwell could be a "game manager".
There are certain cases where idiot fans can see what the coaches or "experts" can't because it is so painfully obvious. For instance, My 95 year old grandma with Alzheimers was the first one to tell me BW was a terrible coach that needed to be fired.
I think many Spartan fans, including yourself apparantly, saw a big white flag waving in the air when we saw Maxwell trotting out there. I am sure he looked great in all those practices we didn't see...
It is ok, this might be about the only mistake Dantonio has made in my mind. Maybe the Winston thing, but that is second guessing like you say.
For the record, I was sure Maxwell would fumble those ceremonial snaps. I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 31/08/14, 03:30 am

Herbie Green wrote:

So basically you agree.  Although I think my 8-4 would have been overly optimistic.   People were praying for that if Maxwell could be a "game manager".
There are certain cases where idiot fans can see what the coaches or "experts" can't because it is so painfully obvious.   For instance, My 95 year old grandma with Alzheimers was the first one to tell me BW was a terrible coach that needed to be fired.
I think many Spartan fans, including yourself apparantly, saw a big white flag waving in the air when we saw Maxwell trotting out there.  I am sure he looked great in all those practices we didn't see...
It is ok, this might be about the only mistake Dantonio has made in my mind.  Maybe the Winston thing, but that is second guessing like you say.
For the record, I was sure Maxwell would fumble those ceremonial snaps.  I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong.

Seriously I look forward to your analysis BEFORE games and not your commentary afterward. Have you joined the X's and O's discussion? I look forward to that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 31/08/14, 04:13 am

DWags wrote:

Seriously I look forward to your analysis BEFORE games and not your commentary afterward.  Have you joined the X's and O's discussion?  I look forward to that.  

I would prefer to hear from his grandmother.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 31/08/14, 08:59 am

DWags wrote:

Seriously I look forward to your analysis BEFORE games and not your commentary afterward.  Have you joined the X's and O's discussion?  I look forward to that.  

I will let the coaches and all you experts handle all the Xs and Os and analysis. I don't have much interest or knowledge.

But I can give you my text messages from that night:

Maxwell are you f****** kidding me!
Please tell me I am having a bad dream
Nooooooooo!
WTF?!

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content