Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, I got a speeding ticket last month for 65/55 (clocked at 74... after blowing a stop sign.... right in front of a state trooper)

+10
Jake from State Farm
Cym Jim
Rocinante
The Pantry
LoneWolfSparty
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Turtleneck
tTy
14 posters

Go down

So, I got a speeding ticket last month for 65/55 (clocked at 74... after blowing a stop sign.... right in front of a state trooper) Empty So, I got a speeding ticket last month for 65/55 (clocked at 74... after blowing a stop sign.... right in front of a state trooper)

Post by tTy 2014-12-30, 21:22

He ended up cutting me a bunch of slack even though I was being a total asshole of a driver that day.  I was in a hurry and knew better, but fuck it, I had to get to where I wanted to get to.

Anyway, he wrote me up for 10 over and didn't even bring up the stop sign thing.  I thanked him and went on my way....

Called a couple days later to get the total on the fine ($110.00, which I was pretty happy about because I figured it would be redonkulous), and sent in the payment.  A few days later, I get a letter in the mail from the state that I am eligible (because of my pristine driving record, which is fucking laughable if you only knew what I have on my record) for some stupid ass traffic skewl, online and/or classroom, and I have until the middle of February to send them another hunji dollah, pass this stupid fucking traffic course, and they wipe my points from my record as far as my insurance company knows.

Have any of you been through this?  How does it work?  Piece of cake (I can't imagine it is = MCAT/CPA exam)?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, I got a speeding ticket last month for 65/55 (clocked at 74... after blowing a stop sign.... right in front of a state trooper) Empty Re: So, I got a speeding ticket last month for 65/55 (clocked at 74... after blowing a stop sign.... right in front of a state trooper)

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-30, 21:25

So, I got a speeding ticket last month for 65/55 (clocked at 74... after blowing a stop sign.... right in front of a state trooper) Its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, I got a speeding ticket last month for 65/55 (clocked at 74... after blowing a stop sign.... right in front of a state trooper) Empty Re: So, I got a speeding ticket last month for 65/55 (clocked at 74... after blowing a stop sign.... right in front of a state trooper)

Post by DWags 2014-12-30, 22:04

tTy wrote:He ended up cutting me a bunch of slack even though I was being a total asshole of a driver that day.  I was in a hurry and knew better, but fuck it, I had to get to where I wanted to get to.

Anyway, he wrote me up for 10 over and didn't even bring up the stop sign thing.  I thanked him and went on my way....

Called a couple days later to get the total on the fine ($110.00, which I was pretty happy about because I figured it would be redonkulous), and sent in the payment.  A few days later, I get a letter in the mail from the state that I am eligible (because of my pristine driving record, which is fucking laughable if you only knew what I have on my record) for some stupid ass traffic skewl, online and/or classroom, and I have until the middle of February to send them another hunji dollah, pass this stupid fucking traffic course, and they wipe my points from my record as far as my insurance company knows.

Have any of you been through this?  How does it work?  Piece of cake (I can't imagine it is = MCAT/CPA exam)?

If you were black you would have been shot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2014-12-30, 22:09

DWags wrote:

It's crazy how nice they are to you when you are respectful, truthful and otherwise generally law abiding when you have contact with a police officer. On a side note, I had a cased crossbow, cased 30.06 and a cased 50cal Thompson Center muzzloader in my back seat in plain site and was never even asked about them.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-30, 22:21

tTy wrote:

It's crazy how nice they are to you when you are respectful, truthful and otherwise generally law abiding when you have contact with a police officer. On a side note, I had a cased crossbow, cased 30.06 and a cased 50cal Thompson Center muzzloader in my back seat in plain site and was never even asked about them.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-30, 22:25

Did you get shot?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-30, 22:33

Guys, he's white. He had nothing to worry about. Well other than traffic skool.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-30, 22:37

InTenSity wrote:Guys, he's white. He had nothing to worry about. Well other than traffic skool.

I've seen those schools before. Lots of black guys in them. I bet he might get raped.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2014-12-30, 22:38

InTenSity wrote:Guys, he's white. He had nothing to worry about. Well other than traffic skool.

You forgot, "despite being heavily armed".

Seriously, can any of you fucking queers answer me, or are you all just going to dick around and make Audi/Twiggy/Blanch level jokes?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2014-12-30, 22:40

DWags wrote:

I've seen those schools before. Lots of black guys in them. I bet he might get raped.

boring.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-30, 22:42

tTy wrote:

boring.

The schools or getting raped?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-30, 22:44

tTy wrote:

You forgot, "despite being heavily armed".

Seriously, can any of you fucking queers answer me, or are you all just going to dick around and make Audi/Twiggy/Blanch level jokes?
I don't fucking know. Ask a lawyer! I didn't even know Michicant even had traffic skool.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-30, 22:54

Always fight it. Period.

They probably would have offered you double parking, $140 but no points.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-30, 22:57

O.K. bad ass driver. The fucking schools suck. They suck because the state wants to make them suck. You've said in your first post how bad ass you are as a driver, but what's puzzling is that you usually get these offers because you have points already and they're offering you up a chance to take the points off. Not to just save your fine, but to fucking help with your insurance. But you've also said your driving record is pristine so fucks sake I have no idea what those assholes up there want you to do. Jesus fucking beatles. If you're looking for someone to say oh man these schools are great, you spend 8 hours of your life talking about hunting stories and MSU football, you'll have to go to a fantasy sight.

They suck. They're meant to suck because they, for the most part, are black mailing you into suffering and paying so your insurance rates don't go up. Youll get a 56 year old civil servant with a white short sleeve shirt that has stains on it, a comb over a short tie and bad breath who speaks in a monotone voice and tells you what bad drivers do and how to avoid being a bad driver.

What, pray tell, do you think they'd be like?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2014-12-30, 23:00

DWags wrote:O.K. bad ass driver. The fucking schools suck. They suck because the state wants to make them suck. You've said in your first post how bad ass you are as a driver, but what's puzzling is that you usually get these offers because you have points already and they're offering you up a chance to take the points off. Not to just save your fine, but to fucking help with your insurance. But you've also said your driving record is pristine so fucks sake I have no idea what those assholes up there want you to do. Jesus fucking beatles. If you're looking for someone to say oh man these schools are great, you spend 8 hours of your life talking about hunting stories and MSU football, you'll have to go to a fantasy sight.

They suck. They're meant to suck because they, for the most part, are black mailing you into suffering and paying so your insurance rates don't go up. Youll get a 56 year old civil servant with a white short sleeve shirt that has stains on it, a comb over a short tie and bad breath who speaks in a monotone voice and tells you what bad drivers do and how to avoid being a bad driver.

What, pray tell, do you think they'd be like?

So you don't know either. Thanks.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-30, 23:03

tTy wrote:He ended up cutting me a bunch of slack even though I was being a total asshole of a driver that day.  I was in a hurry and knew better, but fuck it, I had to get to where I wanted to get to.

My kid got pulled over on 275 for 21 over in March. Wrote up for 5-10. Went to court a couple times and paid a fine of $150 and was told he could take the online course to have his eventual 1 point taken off the record. He never took the course and his insurance premium had not increased as of his last renewal in Sept
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-30, 23:13

tTy wrote:

So you don't know either. Thanks.

No, I really know. But your' pristine driving record clashes with your bad ass driving with guns and bows in the back, so it's just confusing. Maybe mr. civil servant wants you as a guest speaker. Maybe they want you to fill in the work books. You'll have to tell us if you have a bad ass driving record or a pristine one. I've told you, I just want more stories of your zipping from 31 to airport to parsons like those cool fast and furious guys with a dear on a fender and a loaded 30 and a great imported beer between your legs.

Given a choice, tTy, I'd avoid them like an ebola virus that doesn't exist. but if you have to because you don't have a pristine record, I'd get the vaccinatios that so many assholes up in TC don't get wear a mask and take the class.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-30, 23:51

tTy wrote:

It's just different slightly south of true 'Up North'
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-31, 01:58

I did it in Illinois. It was a day. Not a big deal and worth it for the money saved on insurance.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-12-31, 03:04

Thug. "Oh Lordy, I has to be somewhere, I'm special". Suck up your crime.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-12-31, 09:16

quitcherbitchin. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-31, 09:21

Jake from State Farm wrote:quitcherbitchin. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

If only more people thought this prior to committing the crime......................
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-12-31, 10:28

DWags wrote:
No, I really know. But your' pristine driving record clashes with your bad ass driving with guns and bows in the back, so it's just confusing.

Try reading a little closer. He's saying he has a horrible record.

tTy wrote:
(because of my pristine driving record, which is fucking laughable if you only knew what I have on my record)
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan 2014-12-31, 10:46

OK - serious answer. tWife took the online course a year or two ago. She said it was a piece of cake and I don't think it took very long to complete.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-12-31, 10:49

Took it a year ago. There are varying prices and degrees of annoyances, so make sure you pick the best class. I think you can find reviews pretty easily.

I got a good one and my mom got a terrible one, so be careful
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-31, 11:07

Ass Dan wrote:Took it a year ago. There are varying prices and degrees of annoyances, so make sure you pick the best class. I think you can find reviews pretty easily.

I got a good one and my mom got a terrible one, so be careful
Couldn't your mom just blow the cop...? So, I got a speeding ticket last month for 65/55 (clocked at 74... after blowing a stop sign.... right in front of a state trooper) 2599972566
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-12-31, 12:59

The Pantry wrote:Couldn't your mom just blow the cop...? So, I got a speeding ticket last month for 65/55 (clocked at 74... after blowing a stop sign.... right in front of a state trooper) 2599972566

Who says she didn't?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-31, 14:33

Snake Plissken wrote:

Try reading a little closer. He's saying he has a horrible record.

No, he says they sent it because of his pristine record. Then he says that they're wrong because in his driving record he has all kinds of violations. So, are they wrong or is he? Has it been two years and points are wiped off or are they still on? This is stuff we need to know. And it's what I said.

Try to follow along.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-12-31, 23:27

DWags wrote:

No, he says they sent it because of his pristine record. Then he says that they're wrong because in his driving record he has all kinds of violations. So, are they wrong or is he? Has it been two years and points are wiped off or are they still on? This is stuff we need to know. And it's what I said.

Try to follow along.

I like the angry Swill DWags better than the other one
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-31, 23:56

Snake Plissken wrote:

I like the angry Swill DWags better than the other one

I'm old. I've found I can bitch at everybody from little kids to doctors now. They all say " he's old and chuckle". Only the assholes get pissed. And in that case, I'm happy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-12-31, 23:57

DWags wrote:

I'm old. I've found I can bitch at everybody from little kids to doctors now. They all say " he's old and chuckle". Only the assholes get pissed. And in that case, I'm happy.

So, I got a speeding ticket last month for 65/55 (clocked at 74... after blowing a stop sign.... right in front of a state trooper) 969504605 Happy New Year
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-19, 20:35

Update: so I waited until the last minute and finally took care of this shit. Ended up logging into the site they provided in the letter I received, and signed up for an online "class" for $39.99. It consisted of 10 sessions, after which I had to take an exam. The sessions were timed in that I was required to stay on that page for XX:XX minutes, most of the time it was 20 or 25 minutes, sometimes less.... As soon as I clicked on the first lesson, I copied it and pasted it into MS Word and saved it to my hard drive. Also, I was at work.... I waited until the clock went to zeroes and thus I was able to proceed to the "Exam". Without reading a word of this shit, I clicked on the exam. There were ten questions, half of which had obvious answers, the others were debatable... opened up the word document I saved and searched for key words until I found the answers and plugged them in. 10 for 10.... lol, rinsed and repeated that through the entire course. I think I missed a couple on purpose just cuz, but the entire thing took me like 7 hours to complete while at work, and I didn't read a word of the literature other than searching for answers.

Got my certificate in the mail a few days ago, and now I do not have two points on my license. Yay, me!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-20, 04:19

tTy wrote:Got my certificate in the mail a few days ago, and now I do not have two points on my license. Yay, me!

Pussy. Real men have points.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-02-20, 07:33

tTy wrote:Got my certificate in the mail a few days ago, and now I do not have two points on my license. Yay, me!

Yeah but how many times did you get raped???
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-20, 07:59

tTy wrote:Update: so I waited until the last minute and finally took care of this shit. Ended up logging into the site they provided in the letter I received, and signed up for an online "class" for $39.99. It consisted of 10 sessions, after which I had to take an exam. The sessions were timed in that I was required to stay on that page for XX:XX minutes, most of the time it was 20 or 25 minutes, sometimes less.... As soon as I clicked on the first lesson, I copied it and pasted it into MS Word and saved it to my hard drive. Also, I was at work.... I waited until the clock went to zeroes and thus I was able to proceed to the "Exam". Without reading a word of this shit, I clicked on the exam. There were ten questions, half of which had obvious answers, the others were debatable... opened up the word document I saved and searched for key words until I found the answers and plugged them in. 10 for 10.... lol, rinsed and repeated that through the entire course. I think I missed a couple on purpose just cuz, but the entire thing took me like 7 hours to complete while at work, and I didn't read a word of the literature other than searching for answers.

Got my certificate in the mail a few days ago, and now I do not have two points on my license. Yay, me!

I lost focus just reading this. I think I would just take the points and assume my insurance company is to dumb to do a random driving record check.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-20, 08:50

tTy wrote:Update: so I waited until the last minute and finally took care of this shit. Ended up logging into the site they provided in the letter I received, and signed up for an online "class" for $39.99. It consisted of 10 sessions, after which I had to take an exam. The sessions were timed in that I was required to stay on that page for XX:XX minutes, most of the time it was 20 or 25 minutes, sometimes less.... As soon as I clicked on the first lesson, I copied it and pasted it into MS Word and saved it to my hard drive. Also, I was at work.... I waited until the clock went to zeroes and thus I was able to proceed to the "Exam". Without reading a word of this shit, I clicked on the exam. There were ten questions, half of which had obvious answers, the others were debatable... opened up the word document I saved and searched for key words until I found the answers and plugged them in. 10 for 10.... lol, rinsed and repeated that through the entire course. I think I missed a couple on purpose just cuz, but the entire thing took me like 7 hours to complete while at work, and I didn't read a word of the literature other than searching for answers.

Are you going to pay your employer back for the hours you wasted on their dime?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-20, 09:25

LooseGoose wrote:

Pussy. Real men have points.

Well, to clarify, I still have the points on my license.... That information is just not going to be made available to insurance agencies. So, I'm still a bad ass with 2 points on my license.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-20, 09:26

Turtleneck wrote:

Are you going to pay your employer back for the hours you wasted on their dime?

Nope.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-20, 09:28

tTy wrote:

Well, to clarify, I still have the points on my license.... That information is just not going to be made available to insurance agencies. So, I'm still a bad ass with 2 points on my license.

Whew. I feel better about your membership now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down