Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dallas won their appeal of the PI call.

+4
steveschneider
Turtleneck
The_Dude
LoneWolfSparty
8 posters

Go down

Dallas won their appeal of the PI call.  Empty Dallas won their appeal of the PI call.

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-01-05, 09:41

The Lions and Suh should understand that.....
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dallas won their appeal of the PI call.  Empty Re: Dallas won their appeal of the PI call.

Post by The_Dude 2015-01-05, 09:44

I'm not really a Lions fan but 1/10
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Dallas won their appeal of the PI call.  Empty Re: Dallas won their appeal of the PI call.

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-05, 09:51

Lions fan. Cowboys fan. It does not matter. The truth is that last night's game was a poorly officiated game, and there is especially no place for that in the playoffs. Anybody can see that.

It's not that the officials cost Detroit the game. Detroit screwed themselves often enough. However, the officials did deal a couple of blows to Detroit. Overall the officials were not what one would expect from a professional league, and would have been better off calling an intramural game.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-05, 10:15

Four potential penalties on one play. All obvious. No flags. Amateur hour.

1) Pettigrew got a step on Hitchens, who grabbed the back of Pettigrew's jersey with his left hand in violation of the NFL's defensive holding rule. This was a point-of-emphasis penalty in 2014 and was called a league-record 347 times during the regular season. No penalty was called.
2) As the ball approached at 25-yard line, both Pettigrew and Hitchens initiated contact with each other. Pettigrew put his hands on Hitchens' face mask, which could (and should) have been a penalty for violating Rule 12, Section 2, Article 14 of the NFL rule book. ("No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn push or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction.")
3) Pettigrew wasn't penalized, but Hitchens was initially called for defensive pass interference. Specifically, Hitchens appeared to violate Rule 8, Section 5, Article 2(a) of the NFL rule book, which prohibits "contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent's ability to make the catch."
4) Seconds later, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant ran onto the field to protest the call. He was not wearing a helmet. Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1(j) prohibits "removal of a helmet by a player in the field of play or the end zone during a celebration or demonstration or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player."
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/157504/inside-slant-referee-pete-morelli-had-four-potential-penalties-on-key-lions-cowboys-play
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-01-05, 10:29

The_Dude wrote:I'm not really a Lions fan but 1/10

So, something was decided officially, a foul and punishment announced. Then later reversed.......

OK in one instance, a complete travesty and proof of league wide fixing in the other.....
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-01-05, 10:34

The Cowboys and their fans suck.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-05, 10:42

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

So, something was decided officially, a foul and punishment announced. Then later reversed.......

OK in one instance, a complete travesty and proof of league wide fixing in the other.....

Not really the same thing at all. The first happened as part of a regular appeals process. The second was a complete irregularity and not part of any normal process. Your comparison simply does not work.

Besides, you are (likely intentionally) ignoring the issue that the officials failed to flag Dez Bryant.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-01-05, 11:22

Not a lions fan, but it was one of the most egregious errors I have seen since the idiots in Seattle awarded a touchdown to Golden Tate after the Green Bay DB had intercepted the ball. Does that guarantee the lions a victory? Nope, they'd have the ball on about the 31 and none of us know if a fumble or a pick six could have happened. However, all of us know that that particular play changed momentum of the game. Big time. I personally feel the lions go down and score on that drive, but how can you prove that other than they were moving the ball down the field. (Why Caldwell didn't run on 3rd and 1 there is beyond me. but ti is what it is).

I will personally enjoy seeing the Packers kick the dicks in of the cowboys this Sunday when it's 10 degrees and Romo the Homo can't keep his throwing hand warm and throws three interceptions while Rodgers throws for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Life is good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-01-05, 11:39

Turtleneck wrote:

Not really the same thing at all. The first happened as part of a regular appeals process. The second was a complete irregularity and not part of any normal process. Your comparison simply does not work.

Besides, you are (likely intentionally) ignoring the issue that the officials failed to flag Dez Bryant.

Not ignoring it I just don't care. Such a petty penalty. They should fine Bryant, like they did Suh.

Idiot Lions fan. Dallas won their appeal of the PI call.  502811600
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-05, 11:42

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Not ignoring it I just don't care. Such a petty penalty. They should fine Bryant, like they did Suh.

If it's so petty, why would he be fined? A fine suggests he violated the rules. A fine suggest a flag should have been thrown. Before you call me an idiot, you should try making sense.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-01-05, 11:51

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

If Suh did what Bryant did then 12 fouls would have been called, he would be suspended for the rest of the decade and the ref would file a PPO against him. Glad you brought up that comparison.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-01-05, 13:07

Idiot troll

It's becoming obvious this board was created to placate rcmb trolls so they can have a seemingly needed voice in their small internet worlds
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-01-05, 13:46

Turtleneck wrote:

If it's so petty, why would he be fined? A fine suggests he violated the rules. A fine suggest a flag should have been thrown. Before you call me an idiot, you should try making sense.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Suh wasn't flagged on the stomp that he got fined for. Seems like a pretty apples-to-apples comparison. Dallas won their appeal of the PI call.  2599972566
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-01-05, 13:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
If Suh did what Bryant did then 12 fouls would have been called, he would be suspended for the rest of the decade and the ref would file a PPO against him. Glad you brought up that comparison.

If my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-01-05, 13:50

I can't wait to see Greenbay anally rape the Cowboys.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-01-05, 13:58

Rocinante wrote:I can't wait to see Greenbay anally rape the Cowboys.

So you are a Packers fan now! Good to hear! Dallas won their appeal of the PI call.  3003718628
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-01-05, 13:58

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

So you are a Packers fan now! Good to hear! Dallas won their appeal of the PI call.  3003718628

No I'm just not a You fan.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-01-05, 14:04

Rocinante wrote:

No I'm just not a You fan.

Good to hear. I am pretty unlikable.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-01-05, 14:05

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Good to hear. I am pretty unlikable.

Awww stop being so cute, you stinker.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-01-05, 14:07

Rocinante wrote:

Awww stop being so cute, you stinker.

I actually am being completely serious. I don't even like me.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-01-05, 14:12

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

I actually am being completely serious. I don't even like me.

Awww jeez, I take it back. I don't want Dallas to get anally raped. You ruined all the fun in hating you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-05, 15:06

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Suh wasn't flagged on the stomp that he got fined for. Seems like a pretty apples-to-apples comparison. Dallas won their appeal of the PI call.  2599972566

1) The comparison that makes no sense is trying to compare Suh's appeal to the officals picking up the flag.

2) I am not sure where you are going with the above comment. Suh was not flagged but was fined. A fine is a penalty after the fact, and a fine suggests the player - if he was not already - should have been flagged at the time of the incident. Saying Bryant's actions were petty and then saying he should be fined makes no sense. If you are saying he should be fined, you are also saying he should have been flagged. If you think it is petty and not worth of a flag you would not be saying it is worth of a fine.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-01-11, 17:02

bump
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-01-11, 18:36

Rocinante wrote:I can't wait to see Greenbay anally rape the Cowboys.

DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-01-11, 19:11

Will Dallas win this appeal? I'm sure Dunce Bryant will make a well thought out appeal. Good luck Bryant.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down