Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I)

+40
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
Ted Brogan
Nordic
Tim Wakefield
tanfan!
tGreenWay
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
BleacherSwill
CheesySpartan
tig ol bitties
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
DWags
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Code_Warrior
tTito
CORNER BLITZ
Detnews
The Pantry
Blanch32
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
pulling69
Nommad2
LoneWolfSparty
Rodeo Burger
kingstonlake
SpartanInNH
HT
gomersbro
Heat Miser
steveschneider
Herbie Green
Ass Dan
44 posters

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I)

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-28, 23:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It's interesting that you guys are bringing up Meyer and Saban, but let's focus on the real problem. Coach K.

-anonymous

Fuck Dook.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I)

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-29, 14:47

Trent was just offered by MSU

Is Ohio State the favorite to land four-star 2017 Minnesota SG Gary Trent Jr.? Buckeyes recruitinghttp://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/04/gary_trent_jr_ohio_state_baske.html

Saw this coming. With no LoI, people - reporters - are going to start the "Will Swanigan really go to MSU" questions/rumors.

Five-star center Caleb Swanigan committed to Michigan State nearly three weeks ago. Nothing has changed since then.

"I'm 100 percent," Swanigan said of his commitment to the Spartans.

Still, MSU coach Tom Izzo can't publicly discuss the 6-foot-8, 260-pound McDonald's All-American or what he could bring to the team in 2015-16 because Swanigan has not yet signed his National Letter of Intent. NCAA rules prohibit coaches from talking about committed prospects until they send their LOI, a binding agreement.
http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/04/29/caleb-swanigan-michigan-state-cal-recruiting-indystar-mr-basketball-indiana-mr-basketball/26564831/

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-04-29, 21:18

Welcome aboard, Nick Ward.

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 8 UTtBGR3b_normal Nick ward @best_at_hoopin  ·  8m 8 minutes ago
Thank you to all the coaches who have recruited me, however I have decided to commit to The Michigan State University. #Spartandog
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-29, 21:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:Welcome aboard, Nick Ward.

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 8 UTtBGR3b_normal  Nick ward  @best_at_hoopin    ·    8m 8 minutes ago  
Thank you to all the coaches who have recruited me, however I have decided to commit to The Michigan State University. #Spartandog

Big news, Izzo is on another recruiting roll.  Everybody wanted this guy.  The writing was on the wall a week or so ago when tOSU took a different bigbut it's still nice to see an official commit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-29, 21:37

First commit of 2016!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-04-29, 21:39

Turtleneck wrote:First commit of 2016!

He'll be pushing hard for Winston & Bridges to join him.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-29, 21:42

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:First commit of 2016!

That would be great. I am hoping Bridges pulls the trigger soon.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-29, 21:45

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I think Bridges just got a UK offer.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-29, 22:14

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I think Bridges just got a UK offer.

He got it yesterday. Supposedly waiting on one from UNC as well.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-29, 22:18

Ward's primary recruiter was Michigan State associate head coach Dwayne Stephens, a premier big man in his day as a Spartan.

Ward said he has paid attention to Michigan State's successful recruitment of other premier players, and it has made him supremely confident in the future.

"We're going to win a championship,'' he said, "and I just love it there.''

Nick Ward, Michigan State's top 2016 Big Man target, commits: 'We're going to win a championship'

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/189710/nick-ward
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-29, 22:49

EAST LANSING – Tom Izzo has a start on his 2016 recruiting class, a reinforcement for future frontcourts and a second player in three years from Gahanna (Ohio) Lincoln High.

Nick Ward called Izzo tonight and committed, ending a long recruitment that was led by MSU from the start.

"He was jumping for joy," the 6-foot-9, 245-pound Ward said of Izzo's reaction.

And the Spartans have led, in a way, since long before Izzo and his staff started recruiting Ward, who is close friends with MSU freshman and Gahanna Lincoln product Javon Bess. Ward's mother, Stephanie, said Nick was 5 years old when he picked out an MSU hat to wear at a department store.

He has been a fan for years and said his game resembles that of former MSU big man Zach Randolph. He picked the Spartans over several offers, including one from nearby Ohio State, and said his other finalists were Indiana, Purdue and Iowa.

Ohio big man Nick Ward commits to Michigan St. for 2016
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-29, 23:08

Off topic -

GT's AD was asked about Jaylen Brown and GT not being in his Top 5 (and why he never made an official nor unofficial visit). He said something about being disappointed, but that there were circumstances which he understood (as to why Tech wasn't in it). He wouldn't really say what that meant though. So...grades? Test scores? Shoe deals?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-29, 23:14

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 8 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-29, 23:29

NigelUno wrote:Off topic -

GT's AD was asked about Jaylen Brown and GT not being in his Top 5 (and why he never made an official nor unofficial visit). He said something about being disappointed, but that there were circumstances which he understood (as to why Tech wasn't in it). He wouldn't really say what that meant though. So...grades? Test scores? Shoe deals?

Jaylen is not going to school to play engineer.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-30, 09:13

Turtleneck wrote:

Jaylen is not going to school to play engineer.

That's for sure. I thought it was interesting that the AD said anything. Seemed a little strange.

Maybe Europe is in play for him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-30, 09:32

Maybe it was Georgia Tech's 4 straight years of missing the NCAA tournament or their 18 straight years without winning their conference or their 1 Final Four appearance in 24 years.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-04, 11:43

The praise for Ward's game continues. Also some nice words on 2017 offer Brian Bowen.

Nick Ward, C, All-Ohio Red – The recent Michigan State pledge continued his dominant play this weekend. Ward is an absolute beast on the low block at 6-foot-8, and also is an incredible rebounder. Ward was a walking double-double, and did so with a mix of savvy and desire. He is continuing to get more athletic and in better physical position, and could be one of the most college ready producers in the entire class.
http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1543662-spiece-run-n-slam-top-performers
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-04, 11:55

Turtleneck wrote:The praise for Ward's game continues. Also some nice words on 2017 offer Brian Bowen.

Nick Ward, C, All-Ohio Red – The recent Michigan State pledge continued his dominant play this weekend. Ward is an absolute beast on the low block at 6-foot-8, and also is an incredible rebounder. Ward was a walking double-double, and did so with a mix of savvy and desire. He is continuing to get more athletic and in better physical position, and could be one of the most college ready producers in the entire class.

Forget about Bowen - Izzo is going to the NBA because he can't recruit anymore.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-04, 12:40

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:The praise for Ward's game continues. Also some nice words on 2017 offer Brian Bowen.

Forget about Bowen - Izzo is going to the NBA because he can't recruit anymore.

He can't coach. He can't recruit. It sucks that MSU fans are stuck with him. They deserve better.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-05-04, 13:12

Giant Moose wrote:

Maybe it was Georgia Tech's 4 straight years of missing the NCAA tournament or their 18 straight years without winning their conference or their 1 Final Four appearance in 24 years.

I don't think California has a great history either.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-05-04, 13:13

NigelUno wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

I don't think California has a great history either.

In what way?
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-05, 08:50

EAST LANSING -- For college basketball coaches, there's little time to celebrate a Final Four run.

Within a week of Michigan State's trip to Indianapolis in early April, its coaching staff was back on the recruiting trail.

And in the last month, the Spartans have put out three reported offers to class of 2017 players, prospects who just finished their sophomore years in high school. (NCAA rules prevent coaches from commenting on unsigned recruits, but all three players announced the offers on their Twitter pages).

The list includes two guards and a forward, all ranked among the top 100 players in the country and all outside the state of Michigan.

The offers bring the number of 2017 prospects with Michigan State offers to four. The Spartans offered Brian Bowen, a top-10 player from Saginaw, during his freshman year.

A look at Michigan State's three new basketball scholarship offers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-06, 13:54

Scout's final rankings for 2015.

Swanigan at 13
Davis at 34
McQuaid at 82
Aherns not in the top 100.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/topic/players?type=players&start=0&category=Basketball%2520Recruiting&classYear=2015&minimumInterest=%2522Low%2522
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-05-06, 16:03

Michigan State still in running for transfer Johnathan Williams III

It has been rumored that the Spartans will have at least one player transfer out of the program this offseason in order to find more playing time somewhere else. That would open up a scholarship for Williams III, ultimately the news he might be waiting for.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-06, 16:08

Heat Miser wrote:Michigan State still in running for transfer Johnathan Williams III

It has been rumored that the Spartans will have at least one player transfer out of the program this offseason in order to find more playing time somewhere else. That would open up a scholarship for Williams III, ultimately the news he might be waiting for.

That would be Ellis, and with the semester near over I would expect that news soon (if it is going to happen).
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-06, 16:11

Heat Miser wrote:Michigan State still in running for transfer Johnathan Williams III

We would be absolutely loaded up front for 16-17. The writer doesn't make that clear but it wouldn't be for this year since JWIII would need to sit a year.

If Michigan State could land Williams III, Swanigan and Deyonta Davis all in the same year, there may not be a team in the entire country who would want to face the Spartans in the post.

Izzo may need to work his magic on this one.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-05-06, 17:45

Have we got Swanigan's LOI yet??!!!!!!#
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-06, 18:06

Herbie Green wrote:Have we got Swanigan's LOI yet??!!!!!!#

No. But there was plenty of speculation that he would not sign one regardless of where he went.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-05-06, 18:12; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-06, 18:08

No, Izzo reassured last night there were no worries.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-05-06, 18:20

LooseGoose wrote:

Don't think Izzo can talk about him?!
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-06, 18:38

Herbie Green wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Don't think Izzo can talk about him?!

It was done in a back door fashion....will dig for the article.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-06, 18:41

And boom....Rexrode just posted an article on this:

College coaches are prohibited by NCAA rule from mentioning unsigned recruits and that's what Caleb Swanigan is until his National Letter of Intent arrives at Michigan State, but Tom Izzo was asked today on Lansing radio about the status of the 2015 verbal commitment from Fort Wayne, Ind.

"I really can't talk about it but we're kind of going through a little bit of a thing, football's been through it," Izzo said on "The Drive with Jack Ebling" on 92.1-FM in Lansing. "So nothing I'm worried about but I just can't talk about it, guys."

Asked again if there's anything to be worried about, Izzo said: "Nah, nah."

Izzo not worried about Swanigan's commitment to MSU

Sounds like there's a Malik type situation going on only with the Dad this time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-05-06, 18:49

Christ...

Oh well, if Izzo isn't worried that makes me feel better than Swanigan's 100% with Cal and his buddies after him daily.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-07, 10:42

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 8 1550444538 tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 8 1550444538 tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 8 1550444538

Swanigan
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-07, 11:44

Update: There is some panic because Mr. Swanigan removed "MSU commit" from his Twitter profile.

I think I'm going to throw up. Not sure I can go on.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-05-07, 11:45

I'm not worried. We can always schedule Cal and have Swanigan kiss the logo while we celebrate him. I think I would pay at least $1,000 to see that in person. Once a Spartan always a Spartan. tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 8 1833121890
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-07, 11:51

Giant Moose wrote:I'm not worried. We can always schedule Cal and have Swanigan kiss the logo while we celebrate him. I think I would pay at least $1,000 to see that in person. Once a Spartan always a Spartan. tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 8 1833121890

Exactly the same situation! I'm guessing you do this now to just troll, because no one is really that psychotic over a college kid.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-07, 11:53

Good news, I have checked out Mr. Swanigan's follows and he follows @iEatTheBooty

I think we're in the clear

(link is nsfw https://twitter.com/MookLavish)
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-07, 11:57

Jaylen Brown committed to Cal?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-05-07, 12:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Update: There is some panic because Mr. Swanigan removed "MSU commit" from his Twitter profile.

I think I'm going to throw up. Not sure I can go on.
Probably just a kid hiding something on social media from a parent. Izzo said it was like the football situation after all.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next