Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clinton Jones elected into HOF. Ring of honor for him next year

3 posters

Go down

Clinton Jones elected into HOF. Ring of honor for him next year  Empty Clinton Jones elected into HOF. Ring of honor for him next year

Post by DWags Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:32 am

Great Spartan.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/2015/01/09/college-football-hall-of-fame/21495853/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Clinton Jones elected into HOF. Ring of honor for him next year  Empty Re: Clinton Jones elected into HOF. Ring of honor for him next year

Post by Frank Ricard Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:56 pm

I began rooting for the Spartans starting with those teams in the mid-60's. Great to see Clint getting his due.

My mom's best friend, Bonnie, had Spartan season tickets back in the mid 60's. I was so jealous as a kid that they had tickets, went to the 10-10 tie, etc. (I'm still jealous they got to go to that game Clinton Jones elected into HOF. Ring of honor for him next year  502811600 ). When Jones and Washington were drafted by the Vikings, Bonnie started rooting for Minnesota because her Spartan "boys" played there. My dad was a big Lions fan - Bud Grant and those guys CONSTANTLY beat Detroit. Bonnie would just laugh and laugh.

I went to visit Bonnie in the nursing home over the holidays. She's in her 90's now, but she'll still talk about Jones, Washington, Smith and Webster.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Clinton Jones elected into HOF. Ring of honor for him next year  Empty Re: Clinton Jones elected into HOF. Ring of honor for him next year

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:27 pm

Mark Dantonio ‏@DantonioMark  56m56 minutes ago
Congrats to former #Spartans RB Clinton Jones on being inducted into the CFB Hall of Fame! @cfbhall #NFFAwards

Clinton Jones elected into HOF. Ring of honor for him next year  CVvmODLUsAAejNs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:02 pm

It is cool that the guys from our National Championship era are getting their due and Jones made the Ring of Fame during the Oregon game, but it is an absolute joke that Lorenzo White's name is not already up there. Comparing stats from different eras are like comparing apples and oranges, but.....

Clinton Jones
2034 career rushing yards on 416 carries
Highest rushing total was 900 yards in 1965
20 career rushing TDs
Consensus 1st Team All-American in 1966 / Second team in 1965
6th in Heisman in 1965

Lorenzo White
4882 career rushing yards on 1082 carries (MSU record)
Lead the NCAA in rushing in 1985 with 2066 yards (MSU record)
43 career rushing TDs (MSU Record)
Consensus 1st Team All-American in 1985 & 1987
4th in Heisman voting in 1985 & 1987
Big Ten Player of the year 1985 & 1987
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down