Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA Success in Football/Basketball

4 posters

Go down

NCAA Success in Football/Basketball Empty NCAA Success in Football/Basketball

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:42 am

I've had this debate with my nephew over the past couple months.   My list without research was:

Michigan State
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Louisville
Arizona
Utah
West Virginia
Notre Dame
Duke  

MI/FL/TX/UCLA historically

Matt Norlander at CBS did some research over a 20 year period:

Florida
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Louisville
Ohio State
Texas
Michigan State

Are his top 7.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24963402/florida-tops-most-successful-schools-in-both-college-hoops-and-football
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

NCAA Success in Football/Basketball Empty Re: NCAA Success in Football/Basketball

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:54 am

Why a 20 year period? That's pretty arbitrary isn't it? It could have at least been going to back when the BCS started or something which I think was 98. 20 years doesn't make sense, especially when "national title game appearances" is one of the criteria and some of the years involved didn't even have one.

That said, 5 years is suffucient for things like this to me. One full class, likely the same coaches the whole period (for the successful schools at least.) Beyond that makes the ranking irrelevant because its based, at least in part, on things that happened in the 90s.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NCAA Success in Football/Basketball Empty Re: NCAA Success in Football/Basketball

Post by Turtleneck Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:58 am

Need to start your analysis in 1893.

Sincerely,

NCAA Success in Football/Basketball 18s6bvc8o67vwjpg
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:10 am

great list - every graduate of every school lays awake at night wish they could be us... it's a great time to be a Spartan

GO GREEN!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:41 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:great list - every graduate of every school lays awake at night wish they could be us... it's a great time to be a Spartan

GO GREEN!

NCAA Success in Football/Basketball 502811600
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down