Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN Trying to Change 2016 CFP Schedule

5 posters

Go down

Article ESPN Trying to Change 2016 CFP Schedule

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-01-26, 16:06

ESPN, NFL lobby for changes in College Football Playoff calendar

Next season’s semifinals at the Capital One Orange Bowl and the Goodyear Cotton Bowl are scheduled for Dec. 31 but ESPN is pushing the CFP to move those games to Jan. 2, 2016, a Saturday with relatively little competition on TV. The NFL’s regular season concludes that Sunday, Jan. 3, and the league hasn’t had a Saturday game during the final week of its regular season since 2007.

Sources say that senior network executives as high up as ESPN President John Skipper are pushing for the change as a way to get better television ratings, but the CFP is unwilling to make such a move because it is committed to the original plan to hold tripleheader bowl games, including the semifinals, on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.

E$PN is trying to make money talk.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Article Re: ESPN Trying to Change 2016 CFP Schedule

Post by InTenSity 2015-01-26, 16:08

The NFL is also adding an extra playoff game and they want to play it on Monday, so they want the CFP to move the championship game off of Monday as well. I hope the CFP sticks it to everyone and plays by their own set of rules.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-01-26, 16:13

InTenSity wrote:The NFL is also adding an extra playoff game and they want to play it on Monday, so they want the CFP to move the championship game off of Monday as well. I hope the CFP sticks it to everyone and plays by their own set of rules.

I hope the CFP sticks it to everyone but eventually moves the Championship game to Saturday night instead of Monday night.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-01-26, 16:19

In related news:

Ryan Nanni ‏@celebrityhottub 58 seconds ago
Art Briles lost by four votes. MT @CFBPlayoff: #CFBPlayoff Selection Committee chair Jeff Long has been re-elected.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-01-26, 16:28

Fwiw I hate how the big ten has three games on nyd at the same time. Fucking stupid no matter the slice
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2015-01-26, 16:32

I love the fact that when the CFP wanted the Rose Bowl to move from the late afternoon January 1 slot and the Rose committee told them to fuck off. I think it is great that the "playoff" bowls next year are (currently) on the 31st. Remember when everyone was saying we didn't want the Orange Bowl because who would watch it? Well next year that could be the "playoff" bowls slot. Are people going to be complaining when the Spartans play on NYE?
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-01-27, 00:51

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sleep
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down