Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

+30
GRR Spartan
HT
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
green night
Vlad
Giant Moose
Heat Miser
Stoops21
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
The_Dude
NigelUno
He Got It!
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Herbie Green
SpartanInNH
tTito
Rocinante
Ass Dan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
34 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

recruiting - tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 20 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:07 am

QBs Who Blew Up Day 1 of the Elite 11

Some video/analysis of Messiah.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

recruiting - tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 20 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:17 pm

There is big, massive recruiting news today. 

Donnie Corley (yes, THAT Donnie Corley) has announced that he will commit to.....

.......making a decisions/announcement about his commitment on July 10th. 

I'm not an expert, but I have seen some suggestions indicating that according to the crystal ball, MSU has a good shot at procuring said commitment.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:29 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:There is big, massive recruiting news today. 

Donnie Corley (yes, THAT Donnie Corley) has announced that he will commit to.....

I'm not an expert, but I have seen some suggestions indicating that according to the crystal ball, MSU has a good shot at procuring said commitment.
if Donnie Corley commits to the Green and White, I'm not sure what I'll do.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:There is big, massive recruiting news today. 

if Donnie Corley commits to the Green and White, I'm not sure what I'll do.

I'd hope, at the very least, you'd raise your PBR to the sky and cheer the guy sitting next to you.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:49 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if Donnie Corley commits to the Green and White, I'm not sure what I'll do.

I'd hope, at the very least, you'd raise your PBR to the sky and cheer the guy sitting next to you.
I'll do that for Donnie Corley.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:43 pm

Uh oh. We've got a parent situation on our hands! Corley will NOT be committing this week. Dad wants him to take more visits.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:50 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Uh oh. We've got a parent situation on our hands! Corley will NOT be committing this week. Dad wants him to take more visits.

parent wants $$$$$
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:17 pm

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Uh oh. We've got a parent situation on our hands! Corley will NOT be committing this week. Dad wants him to take more visits.

parent wants $$$$$

Unfortunately, since Tennessee is involved, this could actually be the case. They're pretty shady, and I know a few specific examples of it. They also can sell the SEC angle.

Hopefully this is a case of him wanting MSU, and just making the rounds to confirm that East Lansing is the place to be.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:37 am

HT wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

parent wants $$$$$

Unfortunately, since Tennessee is involved, this could actually be the case. They're pretty shady, and I know a few specific examples of it. They also can sell the SEC angle.

Hopefully this is a case of him wanting MSU, and just making the rounds to confirm that East Lansing is the place to be.

ESPN recruiting analyst Tom VanHaaren says Corely will visit Tennessee and Georgia, and later tweeted this:

Tom VanHaaren ‏@TomVH 18h18 hours ago
For clarification Donnie Corley said his decision will likely be between Michigan State, WVU, Ohio State, Tennessee or Georgia.

VanHaaren also tweeted a pic of Corley at The Opening wearing a MSU hat.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:38 am

Michigan State QB commit Messiah deWeaver 'standing tall with the best' in Elite 11 finals
http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/07/michigan_state_qb_commit_messi_7.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:42 pm

MSU Recruiting@isportsMSU 13s13 seconds ago
MSU Recruiting retweeted Big Baby
MSU DT commit Mike Panasiuk is tearing it up at The Opening.
MSU Recruiting added,
Big Baby @MikePanasiuk97
Broke the opening bench press record of all timerecruiting - tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 20 1f60f
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:11 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:MSU Recruiting@isportsMSU 13s13 seconds ago
MSU Recruiting added,
Big Baby @MikePanasiuk97
Broke the opening bench press record of all timerecruiting - tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 20 1f60f

recruiting - tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 20 Beast-mode-on
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:16 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:MSU Recruiting@isportsMSU  13s13 seconds ago
MSU Recruiting added,
Big Baby  @MikePanasiuk97  

https://twitter.com/TheOpening/status/618860324410634240
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:29 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

He just couldn't quite get to #44, could he? Ken Mannie has his work cut out for him.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

He just couldn't quite get to #44, could he? Ken Mannie has his work cut out for him.

Pull the scholarship?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:10 am

ESPN.com's Tom VanHaaran reported on Twitter that Corley's decision will come down to Ohio State, Michigan State, West Virginia, Georgia and Tennessee. Corley is at The Opening, the elite recruiting camp in Oregon sponsored by Nike.

Michigan State has seemed like the leader for Corley, who in May wrote "Go Green" on his Twitter account, which led some to believe had verbally committed to the Spartans. That's not the case, but most recruiting analysts are picking Corley to East Lansing.

But Steve Wiltfong of 247sports.com reported that Corley does plan to attend Ohio State's Friday Night Lights recruiting event on July 24.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/07/donnie_corley_ohio_state_footb.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:33 am

Corley needs to get off the tracks and get on board before this train plows him over.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:53 am

9. Messiah deWeaver, Wayne (Ohio) — verbally committed to Michigan State

When it comes to quarterback development, no program is more underrated than Michigan State. Here's the best part for the Spartans: For all the good-to-great quarterbacks who have recently come through the program — Hoyer, Cousins, Cook — "this kid's the best," Dilfer said of deWeaver. "He will be a phenomenal college football player." When you add his gifts to the Spartans' ability to develop talent at the position … it's a pretty intriguing proposition.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/recruiting/2015/07/08/breaking-elite-qb-finalists/29873013/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:49 pm

Michigan State QB commit Messiah deWeaver has 'both feet on the ground' after falling short at Elite 11

EAST LANSING — Messiah deWeaver boarded his return flight from Oregon on Saturday morning feeling disappointed.

By the time the future Michigan State quarterback walked out of the airport back home in Dayton, Ohio, his mood had shifted.

"I realized not making the Elite 11 made me hungrier, and I had both feet on the ground again,'' said deWeaver, who won MVP honors at Nike Elite 11 camps in metro Chicago and Los Angeles en route to being one of 18 quarterbacks selected to compete at Nike world headquarters last week.

"Going out there, I wanted to represent Michigan State, and those first three days I felt like I competed well,'' said deWeaver, one of 20 commitments in the Spartans' 2016 class. "A lot of the coaches there told me they were impressed, and I was right there.

"But I didn't fully grasp my opportunity in the 7-on-7, so that's on me.''
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:06 pm

I have no idea if deWeaver has the physical talent to be a starter. But he appears to have the mentality, work ethic and leadership qualities.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Nordic wrote:I have no idea if deWeaver has the physical talent to be a starter. But he appears to have the mentality, work ethic and leadership qualities.

You also need that mentality that knows you fucked yo, how you fucked up, but don't give a shit that you did cause what's coming up is more important.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:27 am

Sounds like Abdul Adams is taking an unofficial visit to Alabama (today?).

Reports have surfaced recently regarding three-star running back commit Abdul Adams and a potential visit to Alabama. The Michigan State pledge has been a strong advocate of the ‘Dream Team’ and he’s been a driving force behind the prospect-on-prospect recruiting.

The article seems to work extra hard trying to convince MSU fans there is no chance of a decommit. I do not believe Adams currently holds an offer from Alabama, but that could change following his visit.

http://spartanavenue.com/2015/07/11/michigan-state-shouldnt-panic-over-abdul-adams-visit-to-alabama/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:31 am

He gone. Seen this before.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:33 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:He gone. Seen this before.
Unpossible, he's under the spell of Weebies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:35 am

Who's done this before? I'll assume since he is still a commit, that he talked to the coaches before going. You might be right, but I don't recall anyone who told the coaches they were going to visit another school, decommit and then commit to another school. Before you bring up Benenoch or whatever his name was, that guy never came to MSU.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:36 am

Go back to Europe.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:41 am

If we lose Adams, I'm pretty confident that we'll find someone to replace him, or poach George Hill from OSU.

I don't think we lose Adams, though. He's been too into the Dream Team thing to bail out.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:06 pm

Yes, you have. Except for the "He gone" part.

MSU recruit Gholston still planning to look around
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:59 am

MSU at #1 both for the uncommitted and possible flips...

Midwest: Top five uncommitted prospects

If today were Signing Day ... Despite postponing the decision, Michigan State is still my pick for Corley. Additional visits will certainly make this recruitment more interesting, but the Spartans are undoubtedly the team to beat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:24 am

LooseGoose wrote:MSU at #1 both for the uncommitted and possible flips...

Midwest: Top five uncommitted prospects

If today were Signing Day ... Despite postponing the decision, Michigan State is still my pick for Corley. Additional visits will certainly make this recruitment more interesting, but the Spartans are undoubtedly the team to beat.

WHAT, Harbs isn't gonna get any?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Rico Beard@RicoBeard 43m43 minutes ago
2016 #Rivals100 WR Donnie Corley @Hit_Squad9 with a one-handed TD catch during 7 on 7 today.

recruiting - tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 20 CKOpnNOUcAAtY-z
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Saban respects Dantonio/staff player evaluation.

Bobby Williams is just bitter and still holds a grudge.

Good news is there is no football early signing (yet) so MSU isn't caught at the 11th hour if either or both players flip.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:07 am

Recruiting: MSU waiting on WR Corley, other King prospects

"I'm probably going to try to take some early officials and then get it over with," Corley said to Rivals.com Midwest recruiting analyst Josh Helmholdt. "That's what it looks like now because I'm not going to get a chance to get out to all those places with my practices and stuff like that."
Those early visits will likely be down to Athens, Ga., and Baton Rouge, La. Corley has indicated that he wants to be sure of his decision when he makes it.
MSU currently has 20 commitments for the class of 2016 and is getting very tight on scholarships. With that said, Corley has spoken with the Spartans staff about his plans to take some visits and Mark Dantonio understands his thought process.
"I talked to Coach D and he said, 'Take your time; make sure you're 100%,'" Corley said. "They actually want me to play both ways."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:55 am

Trieu: 4-star DE Sammons could be surprise MSU addition

Michigan State could have a surprise left in the 2016 class in the form of Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy's Prince Sammons, a 6-foot-7, 260-pound four-star defensive end who has an extensive offer list.
According to Scout's Dave Berk, Sammons recently reached out to the Spartan staff and has interest in visiting East Lansing.
Sammons was offered by MSU in April, and at the time, his father Brandon Sammons told Scout that his son had interest in the Spartans. But a busy schedule, which included AAU basketball, made it difficult for a visit to be scheduled at that time.
A native of Lagos, Nigeria, Sammons was initially a team manager for CHCA's football team and was not familiar with American football. He has continued to learn the game since then, and his improvement and upside has drawn offers from the likes of Alabama, Auburn, Duke, Ohio State and others.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Detroit connections keeping Ohio State in race for 4-star WR Donnie Corley: Ohio State football recruiting
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/07/donnie_corley_ohio_state_recru.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:42 pm

Cupp (an OL recruit/commit  from OH) reportedly had his MSU scholarship offer pulled last night July 24 after Dantonio and staff confirmed Cupp had attended OSU's Friday Night Lights recruiting extravaganza and participated in workouts without informing MSU's recruiting staff.

They offered another OH OL player for the '16 class AJ Arcuri around the same time they pulled Cupp's scholarship.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:07 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Cupp (an OL recruit/commit  from OH) reportedly had his MSU scholarship offer pulled last night July 24 after Dantonio and staff confirmed Cupp had attended OSU's Friday Night Lights recruiting extravaganza without informing MSU's recruiting staff.

They offered another OH OL player for the '16 class AJ Arcuri around the same time they pulled Cupp's scholarship.
I've seen this rumor over on the tcock but no confirmation.   His twitters still shows him committed here.   I hope it's not true as more than one person has stated that he's the TrueSleeper™ of our class.

https://twitter.com/gavin_cupp
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:49 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Cupp (an OL recruit/commit  from OH) reportedly had his MSU scholarship offer pulled last night July 24 after Dantonio and staff confirmed Cupp had attended OSU's Friday Night Lights recruiting extravaganza without informing MSU's recruiting staff.

I've seen this rumor over on the tcock but no confirmation.   His twitters still shows him committed here.   I hope it's not true as more than one person has stated that he's the TrueSleeper™ of our class.

https://twitter.com/gavin_cupp

Depending what was said to Cupp, this wouldn't be unprecedented.

Dantonio and staff appear to be patient recruiters but like to be informed.   I recall an interview where Cupp was told there was 1 more OL line scholarship available when he was recruited and he accepted shortly after.

I guess that's why I think the buzz about Cupp has legs since reports are he worked out for the OSU staff and the offer to Arcuri was unexpected.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:26 pm

It's official. Reporters have confirmed Dantonio/staff informed Gavin Cupp that his scholarship offer has been rescinded and told reporters it's unlikely that Cupp will be part of MSU's '16 class. This happened because Cupp didn't inform MSU's staff he was not only attending ( another MSU committ also attended and told MSU in advance) but Cupp took part in one on one drills.

I believe MSU did something similar when an recruit from Illinois committed to MSU and later rescinded it when the player took a visit to Iowa without letting the staff know.

You'd think after an example Cupp would have been above board. Instead he chose to be sneaky and Ohio State didn't offer.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:45 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:It's official.  Reporters have confirmed Dantonio/staff informed Gavin Cupp that his scholarship offer has been rescinded and told reporters it's unlikely that Cupp will be part of MSU's '16 class.  This happened because Cupp didn't inform MSU's staff he was not only attending ( another MSU committ also attended and told MSU in advance) but Cupp took part in one on one drills.

I believe MSU did something similar when an recruit from Illinois committed to MSU and later rescinded it when the player took a visit to Iowa without letting the staff know.

You'd think after an example Cupp would have been above board.  Instead he chose to be sneaky and Ohio State didn't offer.

Kids are going to be kids and make very shortsighted decisions. Sucks for the kid, but honesty is the best policy.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next