Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syracuse self imposes post season ban

3 posters

Go down

Article Syracuse self imposes post season ban

Post by InTenSity Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:17 pm

So Syracuse, who is currently 15-7 and probably already on the outside looking in, is giving themselves a post season ban this year. I think UM(Miami) did this with their fball team when it was apparent they weren't going to make a bowl game. I think its kind of lame to do. They are currently 15-7 with 9 games left, 5 which are probable losses and I'll put them at 6 losses splitting with Pitt. That would make them 18-12 or so before postseason ACC tourny (which they won't be a part of now).

Syracuse bans themselves
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Article Re: Syracuse self imposes post season ban

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:29 pm

InTenSity wrote:So Syracuse, who is currently 15-7 and probably already on the outside looking in, is giving themselves a post season ban this year. I think UM(Miami) did this with their fball team when it was apparent they weren't going to make a bowl game. I think its kind of lame to do. They are currently 15-7 with 9 games left, 5 which are probable losses and I'll put them at 6 losses splitting with Pitt. That would make them 18-12 or so before postseason ACC tourny (which they won't be a part of now).

Syracuse bans themselves
don't be hatin' Syracuse.. hate the NCAA for allowing such things to occur.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:37 pm

I find it lame and a harsh punishment for students that weren't even there when the "violations" occurred. I know I hold a different view, but I wouldn't make academics required for the athletes. I'd make them optional.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:41 pm

Also, how in the f this day and age do you even become academically in-eligible?

Was watching Keith Olberman about a month back and he was talking about a big time bball recruit in the 70's that was sought after by all sorts of Universities on the west coast. During xmas break he went home and got two report cards. One from his University and another from one of the schools recruiting him. LOL!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:45 pm

steveschneider wrote:Also, how in the f this day and age do you even become academically in-eligible?

Was watching Keith Olberman about a month back and he was talking about a big time bball recruit in the 70's that was sought after by all sorts of Universities on the west coast. During xmas break he went home and got two report cards. One from his University and another from one of the schools recruiting him. LOL!
agree that you have to really try to be academically ineligible to play college sports these days..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:03 pm

steveschneider wrote:I find it lame and a harsh punishment for students that weren't even there when the "violations" occurred.  I know I hold a different view, but I wouldn't make academics required for the athletes. I'd make them optional.
That's called the Minor leagues or European leagues.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:05 pm

InTenSity wrote:
That's called the Minor leagues or European leagues.

Agree, but for college sports I think the academic side of it all is a facade. IMO Syracuse was dumb for not pulling a katzemoyer like OSU did in the 90s. This all could have been avoided if cuse was more on the ball.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down