Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gators:From runner up to not making post season (Or at least in FF)

+7
Other Teams Pursuing That
Herbie Green
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
LoneWolfSparty
The_Dude
InTenSity
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gators:From runner up to not making post season (Or at least in FF) Empty Gators:From runner up to not making post season (Or at least in FF)

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-13, 09:58

At this point in the season UF is .500 with bad losses. They might not even make the NIT. Did the game pass Donovan by?

Last edited by InTenSity on 2015-02-13, 10:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title to better reflect how wrong I am.)
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Gators:From runner up to not making post season (Or at least in FF) Empty Re: Gators:From runner up to not making post season (Or at least in FF)

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-13, 09:59

Donovan has twice as many natty's as Izzo and made the Final Four last year....Wink
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Gators:From runner up to not making post season (Or at least in FF) Empty Re: Gators:From runner up to not making post season (Or at least in FF)

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-13, 10:01

The_Dude wrote:Donovan has twice as many natty's as Izzo and made the Final Four last year....Wink

You're an idiot.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-02-13, 10:01

I seem to remember UCONN and Kentucky in the finals.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-13, 10:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I seem to remember UCONN and Kentucky in the finals.
Whoops, ya, you're right.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-13, 10:05

InTenSity wrote:
Whoops, ya, you're right.

Don't give in. Revise history!!!!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-13, 10:06

The_Dude wrote:Donovan has twice as many natty's as Izzo and made the Final Four last year....Wink

Izzo was in the Elite 8 last year, right?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-13, 10:19

Last night UF started 1 Sr, 2 Jr, 1 Soph and 1 Frosh. How do you miss the tournament or any post season with that old of a team?

Is UConn going to make the tourney this year? They are in some conference called the American Athletic Conference and they are 14-9 (7-4).
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-13, 11:06

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

You're an idiot.

Reciting facts makes someone an idiot?

That's usually what the nutjob liberals would say.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-13, 11:08

Turtleneck wrote:

Izzo was in the Elite 8 last year, right?

Yep, but no one will remember that but you hang a banner for a FF.

All Im saying is people dont really care about having a down year if that year is preceded by a final four run.

No one cared MSU football was a tire fire in 2012 because we were coming off of back to back 11 win seasons.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-13, 11:13

The_Dude wrote:

All Im saying is people dont really care about having a down year if that year is preceded by a final four run.

No one cared MSU football was a tire fire in 2012 because we were coming off of back to back 11 win seasons.
Bullshit.  Gators:From runner up to not making post season (Or at least in FF) 502811600

A down year for MSU football is still making post season and winning.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-13, 11:14

InTenSity wrote:
Bullshit.  Gators:From runner up to not making post season (Or at least in FF) 502811600

A down year for MSU football is still making post season and winning.

Yeah, going 6-6 in football and making a toilet bowl is a real accomplishment these days. Gators:From runner up to not making post season (Or at least in FF) 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-13, 11:16

The_Dude wrote:

No one cared MSU football was a tire fire in 2012.

I don't remember it as nobody caring. I remember a lot of people caring.

As for BB, I get your point about a FF run preceding a down year, but Izzo is beyond the point where one down year means the program must be sinking into permanent residency in the cellar.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-13, 11:22

Turtleneck wrote:

I don't remember it as nobody caring. I remember a lot of people caring.

As for BB, I get your point about a FF run preceding a down year, but Izzo is beyond the point where one down year means the program must be sinking into permanent residency in the cellar.

Its the nature of sports fans.

Hell, Pats fans were calling for Brady to be benched early in the year.

No, this one down year does not single a trend or anything for Izzo and MSU just like it doesn't for Florida.

The difference is, people use ESPN as the end all be all for sports and they cater to the big names and large walmarter fan bases with recycled articles to get page views.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-13, 11:27

The_Dude wrote:

Yeah, going 6-6 in football and making a toilet bowl is a real accomplishment these days.  Gators:From runner up to not making post season (Or at least in FF) 502811600
Only scum fans say that MSU went 6-6. Pretty sure they finished the season 7-6, unless bowls just don't count toward win/loss anymore.

Gators:From runner up to not making post season (Or at least in FF) 3836498553
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-02-13, 11:44

The_Dude wrote:

Pretty sure the majority of us were freaking out until a few games into the next season. Me included.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-13, 11:46

You're not really trying to say 2012 WASNT a down year are you ?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-02-13, 11:48

So, like just about every year, we have to find some new teams to compare ourselves to negatively against. Probably smart to wait until after the national championship game to find those teams.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-13, 11:49

Herbie Green wrote:So, like just about every year, we have to find some new teams to compare ourselves to negatively against.  Probably smart to wait until after the national championship game to find those teams.
Or, maybe, just maybe, things aren't as bad as everyone is making them out to be.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-13, 12:26

InTenSity wrote:
Only scum fans say that MSU went 6-6. Pretty sure they finished the season 7-6, unless bowls just don't count toward win/loss anymore.

Gators:From runner up to not making post season (Or at least in FF) 3836498553

Winning toilet bowls isn't something I'd really like to advertise. Just keep it in there so our 'bowl' winning streak is alive I guess.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-13, 12:27

InTenSity wrote:
Or, maybe, just maybe, things aren't as bad as everyone is making them out to be.

Its more frustrating because this team, when you look on paper, should easily be #2 in conference. We rank high in all the metrics as every announcer points out.

But this is the worse team mentally Izzo has ever had. To just meltdown game after game with turnovers, missed bunnies, and miss free throws is what gets people in ruse.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-13, 12:29

The_Dude wrote:

Winning toilet bowls isn't something I'd really like to advertise.  Just keep it in there so our 'bowl' winning streak is alive I guess.
That and it kills the narrative of going .500 that year. Shitty year, but, like I said, only people I've ever refer to that season as a .500 year are scum fans. Guess its better than no bowl, amirite?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-13, 12:31

I was at the Youngstown State game in 2013 when our own fans started booing Connor Cook.. and yet we compensate for our insecurities by denigrating other fan bases..

#PureClass
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-13, 12:36

InTenSity wrote:
That and it kills the narrative of going .500 that year. Shitty year, but, like I said, only people I've ever refer to that season as a .500 year are scum fans. Guess its better than no bowl, amirite?

Just stop man. 6-6, 7-6, no one cares and no considers it a 'winning year' when you go 3-5 in conference. Stop putting lipstick on a pig.

You sound like the guy that would talk about MSUs' 'winning season' in 2012 but also beat the drum to UM winning only half a natty in 1997.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-13, 12:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I was at the Youngstown State game in 2013 when our own fans started booing Connor Cook.. and yet we compensate for our insecurities by denigrating other fan bases..

#PureClass

When people are insecure, they project onto others.

You know this all too well, I suppose..
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-13, 12:39

The_Dude wrote:

Just stop man.  6-6, 7-6, no one cares and no considers it a 'winning year' when you go 3-5 in conference.  Stop putting lipstick on a pig.

You sound like the guy that would talk about MSUs' 'winning season' in 2012 but also beat the drum to UM winning only half a natty in 1997.
So the guy who brings up the MSU 2012 season, is accusing the guy who corrected the guy who brought it up with the correct win/loss total, is also talking about um? You win this one, for sure.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-13, 12:45

InTenSity wrote:
So the guy who brings up the MSU 2012 season, is accusing the guy who corrected the guy who brought it up with the correct win/loss total, is also talking about um? You win this one, for sure.

All Im saying is trying to crow about a season every MSU fan has erased from memory is not the fight I'd pick.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-13, 12:46

The_Dude wrote:

When people are insecure, they project onto others.

You know this all too well, I suppose..
this..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-13, 12:54

The_Dude wrote:

All Im saying is trying to crow about a season every MSU fan has erased from memory is not the fight I'd pick.
Thanks for the lesson in trolling 101. Bring up a shitty season, put out non factual information about said season, when corrected about the non-factual information, strawman it and declare yourself the victor. Your blatant disregard for anything even remotely close to the truth, sucks. 

I'm not crowing about the season. I said even in our worst season in recent memory, MSU still went to the post season and won. That's not crowing, but you don't give a fuck because your a piece of shit who masturbates to reading himself pissing other off.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-13, 12:57

The_Dude wrote:

You're a closet scummer.

I rather enjoyed 2012. Sure, not the results I hoped for but it was a very exciting season and fun to watch. Can't win them all, and if 7-6 becomes our low water mark, after the Bobby Williams and JLS eras, I'll take it!!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-13, 13:06

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

You're a closet scummer.

I rather enjoyed 2012. Sure, not the results I hoped for but it was a very exciting season and fun to watch. Can't win them all, and if 7-6 becomes our low water mark, after the Bobby Williams and JLS eras, I'll take it!!

Fun... To watch? Bell was fun to watch. The defense was fun to watch. But other than that, the season was a nightmare. It's easy to say that now after two top 5 finishes that it wasn't that bad but you guys are sugar coating it.

And this is coming from someone who went to the UofM, Wisconsin, and CMU road games that year so any if you "true better fan than you" crowd can stick it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-13, 13:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Fun... To watch? Bell was fun to watch. The defense was fun to watch. But other than that, the season was a nightmare. It's easy to say that now after two top 5 finishes that it wasn't that bad but you guys are sugar coating it.

And this is coming from someone who went to the UofM, Wisconsin, and CMU road games that year so any if you "true better fan than you" crowd can stick it.

I've watched sports long enough to know that in close games you sometimes pull it out and sometimes fall short. Can I enjoy a loss? Yes, though it is tempered by the loss. However, if I gained enjoyment purely out of wins then I would skip watching and just read about it later.

Saturday was a perfect example. Did I want to lose to Illinois at home? Absolutely not, but as they would close in then fall back, I enjoyed the game. That is why I watch sports.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-13, 13:20

InTenSity wrote:
Thanks for the lesson in trolling 101. Bring up a shitty season, put out non factual information about said season, when corrected about the non-factual information, strawman it and declare yourself the victor. Your blatant disregard for anything even remotely close to the truth, sucks. 

I'm not crowing about the season. I said even in our worst season in recent memory, MSU still went to the post season and won. That's not crowing, but you don't give a fuck because your a piece of shit who masturbates to reading himself pissing other off.

You are missing my point. 2012 was a 'winning' season, technically. But we were 5-6 heading into the last game of the year and barely won a toilet bowl.

Stop trying to polish a turd.

Also, more then half of division 1 football teams make a bowl. Is that...is that really something to be proud of?

MSUs season in 2012 will be like Florida when they are in the NIT or CBI. They made the post season, right?

There are what, 340 D1 hoops teams and only 64 make the 'NCAAT' but lots more make the post season.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-02-13, 13:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

But also someone who was barely aware of the struggles of the late perles era or post Saban.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-13, 13:22

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

I've watched sports long enough to know that in close games you sometimes pull it out and sometimes fall short. Can I enjoy a loss? Yes, though it is tempered by the loss. However, if I gained enjoyment purely out of wins then I would skip watching and just read about it later.

Saturday was a perfect example. Did I want to lose to Illinois at home? Absolutely not, but as they would close in then fall back, I enjoyed the game. That is why I watch sports.

You actually enjoyed watching MSU play a horrid game chock full of mental fuck ups combined with coaching and player meltdowns vs a shitty team at home?

Uhh, ok? scratch
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-13, 13:22

Rocinante wrote:

But also someone who was barely aware of the struggles of the late perles era or post Saban.

Great point! I alluded to that but he just completely glossed over it.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-13, 13:35

The_Dude wrote:

No, this one down year does not single a trend or anything for Izzo and MSU just like it doesn't for Florida.

Not what you were saying earlier in the year. Not long ago it was "the game has passed Izzo by."

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t4901-i-fear-izzo-is-going-down-the-keady-knight-route?highlight=game+has+passed+izzo+by
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-13, 13:37

The_Dude wrote:

Its more frustrating because this team, when you look on paper, should easily be #2 in conference.

Disagree. The team is surprisingly high (top five in the B1G) in many key statistical areas, so your point is taken. However, overall lack of depth and inside scoring is a problem. On top of that, being the worst free throw shooting team in the B1G and having an unfavorable turnover margin has hurt this team big time. The free throw issue has cost MSU a couple of wins.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-13, 13:58

Turtleneck wrote:

Not what you were saying earlier in the year. Not long ago it was "the game has passed Izzo by."

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t4901-i-fear-izzo-is-going-down-the-keady-knight-route?highlight=game+has+passed+izzo+by

Leave that to Fletch, k?

But I do wish Izzo would adjust his style. STOP FUCKING teaching physical defense and fouling. Its not hard.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-13, 14:14

Well, as is pointed out in the thread I linked, you have Blanch on your side in your war on Izzo. He is a key ally in any fight.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next