Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The only "news" outlets exploring the sexist Chris Paul angle are sports outlets....

+3
The Pantry
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
7 posters

Go down

The only "news" outlets exploring the sexist Chris Paul angle are sports outlets.... Empty The only "news" outlets exploring the sexist Chris Paul angle are sports outlets....

Post by Rocinante 06/02/15, 11:17 am

Surprise surprise, ESPN is manufacturing a story.

All the real news is barely mentioning this thing as a gender issue. Definition of slow news day...

Radio folks are doing the same thing.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/12287430/chris-paul-los-angeles-clippers-frustrated-techs-female-rookie-ref-not-her
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The only "news" outlets exploring the sexist Chris Paul angle are sports outlets.... Empty Re: The only "news" outlets exploring the sexist Chris Paul angle are sports outlets....

Post by Guest 06/02/15, 11:25 am

Not criticizing her would be sexist.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The only "news" outlets exploring the sexist Chris Paul angle are sports outlets.... Empty Re: The only "news" outlets exploring the sexist Chris Paul angle are sports outlets....

Post by Robert J Sakimano 06/02/15, 11:33 am

so people are outraged (or pretend to be outraged) when a player criticizes an official?

America has gotten so freakin' soft.. Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 06/02/15, 11:47 am

Watched the game last night. Weird tech...not sure what the verbal exchange was. The commentators said something like "well, you know what that was". I'm hoping CP3 just called her a bitch and nothing more.

I think she's kinda hot

The only "news" outlets exploring the sexist Chris Paul angle are sports outlets.... Lauren10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/15, 11:55 am

The Pantry wrote:Watched the game last night. Weird tech...not sure what the verbal exchange was. The commentators said something like "well, you know what that was". I'm hoping CP3 just called her a bitch and nothing more.

I think she's kinda hot

The only "news" outlets exploring the sexist Chris Paul angle are sports outlets.... Lauren10

She must have strong lips from holding that whistle.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 06/02/15, 12:05 pm

He said he didn't call her anything. The guy hosting cowherd today said he thought CP was telling the truth. He just asked her why she wouldn't give him the ball and threw his hands up in the air.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 06/02/15, 12:35 pm

Rocinante wrote:He said he didn't call her anything. The guy hosting cowherd today said he thought CP was telling the truth. He just asked her why she wouldn't give him the ball and threw his hands up in the air.
as a husband (to a female) and a father to a daughter (sorry Forbin), I am probably more of a feminist than either of them are.. definitely moreso than my wife..

however, it's these sorts of situations that make it so much more difficult for women to break into certain fields or industries - or at least get the same respect. I get the feeling that the female official, to her credit, isn't saying anything about this but it's the intentional advancement of what appears to be a non-story that allows the knuckle-draggers to say "see, women don't belong in a man's world"..

or if an organization like NOW comes out and acts morally offended - that would provide comfort to the same knuckle-draggers. If anything, the NOW types should say "I'm glad Chris Paul did what he did and I'm glad the female official handled it the same way a male would have" - and leave it at that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 06/02/15, 01:02 pm

If Paul would have ripped an old white dude, would the headline be Paul rips old white NBA ref? He would have if he was Ted up for absolutely nothing.

This non story is only a story because of the gender of the ref. Sad how people that scream the loudest about racism and sexism are the ones that make issue of it where it doesn't exist thus completing the full circle of delicious irony.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 06/02/15, 10:05 pm

The Pantry wrote:

I think she's kinda hot

Kinda?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 07/02/15, 12:02 am

If CP3's version of events is true, the tech was definitely unwarranted. Regardless, his comments in the interview were not at all sexist. Using the correct pronoun isn't sexist.

BTW, in.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 07/02/15, 12:51 pm

The Pantry wrote:Watched the game last night. Weird tech...not sure what the verbal exchange was. The commentators said something like "well, you know what that was". I'm hoping CP3 just called her a bitch and nothing more.

I think she's kinda hot

Smoking.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down