Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which assistant bball coach should be fired?

+18
Cameron
NigelUno
Death Roe
Frank Ricard
Rodeo Burger
Herbie Green
HT
Watch Out Pylon!
By-Tor
duffy munn
SeeRockCity
The_Dude
Other Teams Pursuing That
Bizarro Fletch
Ass Dan
InTenSity
steveschneider
Blanch32
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

which assistant bball coach should be fired? Empty which assistant bball coach should be fired?

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 12:22

No excuses for this season. None. You don't go from basically 1 game away from the national championship to completely missing the tourney when you return all but 3 starters and add at least 4 freshmen.

Personally, I'd start with fife. Dude was a bad coach at iupu and never had the credentials to begin with. Good players rarely make good coaches. Next I'd ask izzo s old roommate to retire. He's too old, out of touch, and ineffective. Dantonio wasn't agreed to do this with saloman or his boy rouhar and never should izzo.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

which assistant bball coach should be fired? Empty Re: which assistant bball coach should be fired?

Post by steveschneider 2015-02-09, 12:29

Sigh....

The problem with this year is simple, Izzo rolled the dice on some highly touted recruits. He swung for the fences and he missed.

Losing Kaminski didn't help either.

I don't see how firing an assistant coach will make a difference, and if one does get fired well then that is unfortunate.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

which assistant bball coach should be fired? Empty Re: which assistant bball coach should be fired?

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-09, 12:30

which assistant bball coach should be fired? 3669899363
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-02-09, 12:40

Fife coached at ipfw, not that you care about accuracy or making sense
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2015-02-09, 12:48

The best part of this post is returning "all but 3 starters." lol! which assistant bball coach should be fired? 1486952199
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 12:53

Bizarro Fletch wrote:The best part of this post is returning "all but 3 starters." lol! which assistant bball coach should be fired? 1486952199

The 2002 squad started 3 freshmen and made it in without a problem.

Neitzels senior year he willed the team I to the tourney and won an actually game and took unc to the brink.

Quit pretending this isnt impossible. Otherwise take your blower bs back to the blowerville that is trcmb and keep slurping izzos nuts and ban all the discentors
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 12:54

steveschneider wrote:Sigh....

The problem with this year is simple, Izzo rolled the dice on some highly touted recruits. He swung for the fences and he missed.

Losing Kaminski didn't help either.

I don't see how firing an assistant coach will make a difference, and if one does get fired well then that is unfortunate.

Rolling the dice is fine..... But not when there's no back up plan in place. Take tum tum for example. Dude should be wearing a redshirt right now and yet he'll be our only pg on the roster come next season. Inexcuseable
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-09, 14:01

Blanch32 wrote:No excuses for this season. None. You don't go from basically 1 game away from the national championship to completely missing the tourney when you return all but 3 starters and add at least 4 freshmen.

Personally, I'd start with fife. Dude was a bad coach at iupu and never had the credentials to begin with. Good players rarely make good coaches. Next I'd ask izzo s old roommate to retire. He's too old, out of touch, and ineffective. Dantonio wasn't agreed to do this with saloman or his boy rouhar and never should izzo.

Which coach was Izzo's roommate? Or did Mariucci get hired to coach BB and I missed it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 14:11

LooseGoose wrote:

Which coach was Izzo's roommate? Or did Mariucci get hired to coach BB and I missed it?

Black dude with the glasses. Izzos backcourt mate at northern and failed Cleveland state coach, which is telling BC the next guy blew up using local kids
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-09, 14:16

Does any of us even know what the hell these assistants do anyways? Specifically. Like a running back coach or something, what does each do here?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 14:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Does any of us even know what the hell these assistants do anyways? Specifically. Like a running back coach or something, what does each do here?

Stephens is the big man coach. Keep him. Easily one of the best in all of basketball. Shocked an NBA team hasn't napped him gives the likes of players like Dwight Howard
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-09, 14:27

Izzo needs to fire an assistant or two and get someone that can fucking recruit. Unacceptable to have two pathetic classes back to back.

Take a page from Dantonio. Hire a Blackwell.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 14:30

The_Dude wrote:Izzo needs to fire an assistant or two and get someone that can fucking recruit. Unacceptable to have two pathetic classes back to back.

This this and this. One full time recruiter and the rest of the staff could then focus on player development which is pathetic when you look at our seniors. Very little skill has been developed over the past four years
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-02-09, 14:52

I love it when posters call out assistant coaches like they have any idea what the hell the do or don't contribute. It's not like football. My favorite is when someone says something like "old so and so has really made a difference this year" or "such and such should be fired!" like there are some measurable results that an idiot message board poster can see during a two-hour basketball game on television.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 15:13

SeeRockCity wrote:I love it when posters call out assistant coaches like they have any idea what the hell the do or don't contribute. It's not like football. My favorite is when someone says something like "old so and so has really made a difference this year" or "such and such should be fired!" like there are some measurable results that an idiot message board poster can see during a two-hour basketball game on television.

Fwiw I can. The offense died when boylan left. Pretty damn simply actually
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-02-09, 15:30

The_Dude wrote:Izzo needs to fire an assistant or two and get someone that can fucking recruit. Unacceptable to have two pathetic classes back to back.

Blackwell isn't a coach. He is the recruiting coordinator, which is not allowed in college basketball. Are you suggesting Izzo hires a coach that doesn't coach basketball but just recruits ?

Ps.....You had very little, if any, credibility to begin with. Your alliance with Blanch isn't helping.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-02-09, 15:30

The best assistant coaches are the ones with the best players.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-02-09, 15:31

Blanch32 wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:I love it when posters call out assistant coaches like they have any idea what the hell the do or don't contribute. It's not like football. My favorite is when someone says something like "old so and so has really made a difference this year" or "such and such should be fired!" like there are some measurable results that an idiot message board poster can see during a two-hour basketball game on television.

No, no you can't.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-02-09, 15:32

Blanch32 wrote:

Black dude with the glasses. Izzos backcourt mate at northern and failed Cleveland state coach, which is telling BC the next guy blew up using local kids

You want him fired but don't know his name.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-02-09, 15:34

Lots of "knowledge" in this thread. which assistant bball coach should be fired? 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-02-09, 15:36

By-Tor wrote:The best assistant coaches are the ones with the best players.

this.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-02-09, 15:37

Blanch32 wrote:

This this and this. One full time recruiter and the rest of the staff could then focus on player development which is pathetic when you look at our seniors. Very little skill has been developed over the past four years

The NCAA allows three full time assistant coaches and you want one of them not to coach basketball. In the same post, you claim that player development is poor and your answer is to fire two coaches and replace them with one. Makes sense.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-09, 16:10

By-Tor wrote:The best assistant coaches are the ones with the best players.

You mean like Duke? Whining they're down to only 8 scholarship players whilst neglecting to mention that all 8 of them are Burger Boys.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 16:11

duffy munn wrote:

You want him fired but don't know his name.

Yes I want the no name to retire BC I have nfc what he's up to
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-09, 16:17

Blanch32 wrote:

Blew up?
The school went 31-34 the first 2 years after he left.

And you mean this failure at MSU?

In his time at MSU, Garland has helped coach the Spartans to 12 NCAA Tournaments, seven Big Ten Championships, three Big Ten Tournament Championships, five Final Fours and one National Championship. In fact, he has been on staff for every Big Ten Championship the Spartans have won under Tom Izzo.

Oh and BTW he was Izzo's teammate not roommate, minor difference for you.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-09, 16:25

Blanch32 wrote:

Yep, even lat year with all of our 'talent' we had MULTIPLE games where the offense was really bad and had long scoring droughts too.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-02-09, 16:27

Blanch32 wrote:

Yes I want the no name to retire BC I have nfc what he's up to

I think ( I don't speak Blanch ) the NFC means no fucking clue. Which I completely agree with.

Now, you have no clue what he is up to but assume he is doing a bad job and needs to be fired. Rational.

You have to be a schtick. There is literally no way anyone can be this stupid.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-02-09, 16:30

The_Dude wrote:

Yep, even lat year with all of our 'talent' we had MULTIPLE games where the offense was really bad and had long scoring droughts too.

So the offensive droughts "lat' year can be blamed on Garland and Fife. Please elaborate, Blanch Jr.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 16:36

LooseGoose wrote:

Blew up?
The school went 31-34 the first 2 years after he left.

And you mean this failure at MSU?

Oh and BTW he was Izzo's teammate not roommate, minor difference for you.

I don't give a shit about big ten championships. That's for Wisconsin. I give a shit about final fours!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 16:37

The_Dude wrote:

Last years offense was Gary Harris jack shots. We tried to sub in trice and use this same game plan to minimum success. There is no plan b to date
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-02-09, 16:38

Blanch32 wrote:

I don't give a shit about big ten championships. That's for Wisconsin. I give a shit about final fours!

Garland was on the staff for 5 Final Fours.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 16:39

duffy munn wrote:

I think ( I don't speak Blanch ) the NFC means no fucking clue. Which I completely agree with.

Now, you have no clue what he is up to but assume he is doing a bad job and needs to be fired. Rational.

You have to be a schtick. There is literally no way anyone can be this stupid.

I'm not the one who can't tell the difference between getting fired and retiring. Then again, perhaps you were told you were fired from fratshark and then just signed away your ownership stake
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 16:42

duffy munn wrote:

So the offensive droughts "lat' year can be blamed on Garland and Fife. Please elaborate, Blanch Jr.

Duffy we would but you have already preciously admired you don't know sport. All you know is if play makes point, good. If play no make point, bad
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-09, 16:45

duffy munn wrote:

Garland was on the staff for 5 Final Fours.

Blanch doesn't care about fucking Final Fours, he cares about National Championships!!

(Trying to be helpful and move the goalposts for him)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-02-09, 16:46

Blanch32 wrote:

Last years offense was Gary Harris jack shots. We tried to sub in trice and use this same game plan to minimum success. There is no plan b to date

LMAO. WTF ? So all we had last year was Harris jacking up shots. We didn't use Payne or Appling ? Or run the basketball ? Harris never slashed to the basket ?

And this year we are using a guy that doesn't even play the same position as Harris in the jacking up shots role ?

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-02-09, 16:50

Blanch32 wrote:

Duffy we would but you have already preciously admired you don't know sport. All you know is if play makes point, good. If play no make point, bad

Bad schtick is really, really bad. Please, for the love of God, tell me this post is intentional and you are not this stupid.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2015-02-09, 17:42

SeeRockCity wrote:I love it when posters call out assistant coaches like they have any idea what the hell the do or don't contribute.  It's not like football.  My favorite is when someone says something like "old so and so has really made a difference this year" or "such and such should be fired!" like there are some measurable results that an idiot message board poster can see during a two-hour basketball game on television.

To be fair, Blanch knows exactly which assistant should be canned - "the black dude with the glasses." Kid has done his homework on this one.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 17:48

duffy munn wrote:

LMAO. WTF ? So all we had last year was Harris jacking up shots. We didn't use Payne or Appling ? Or run the basketball ? Harris never slashed to the basket ?

And this year we are using a guy that doesn't even play the same position as Harris in the jacking up shots role ?

Wow do you not remember things well. Holy cow.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-09, 17:53

duffy munn wrote:

Bad schtick is really, really bad. Please, for the love of God, tell me this post is intentional and you are not this stupid.

Duffy logic:

Post fun make of Duffy. Bad post. Duffy no like poster. Duffy post angry
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-02-09, 18:10

Honest question, which group does Garland work with?

I know Stephens works with the bigs and Fife with the guards, but I'm not entirely sure what Garland does.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next