Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not a bball coach but UNC played FIVE players against Duke in the second half. They won

5 posters

Go down

Not a bball coach but UNC played FIVE players against Duke in the second half. They won Empty Not a bball coach but UNC played FIVE players against Duke in the second half. They won

Post by DWags 2022-03-05, 20:49

Sent K out with a Ziggy.

Can we say that once in a while it’s ok to just play your best 5/6 and forget about fouls and most college kids can take 20 minutes of hard work?

Not complaining, it’s just the way I would coach basketball. And I know I suck at it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Not a bball coach but UNC played FIVE players against Duke in the second half. They won Empty Re: Not a bball coach but UNC played FIVE players against Duke in the second half. They won

Post by Nordic 2022-03-05, 21:03

Let it out buddy
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Not a bball coach but UNC played FIVE players against Duke in the second half. They won Empty Re: Not a bball coach but UNC played FIVE players against Duke in the second half. They won

Post by NigelUno 2022-03-05, 21:05

Duke didn't play many guys either.

And lost.

Last time we beat Duke, we played 10 guys. 117 minutes for starters. 83 minutes for the bench.

Different things work with different teams/players.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-03-05, 21:13

And great for UNC. They should be off the bubble now.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-03-05, 21:16

NigelUno wrote:Duke didn't play many guys either.

And lost.  

Last time we beat Duke, we played 10 guys.  117 minutes for starters.  83 minutes for the bench.

5 players seemed to work tonight.  I like that. I’d try it as a coach. Maybe 6.  Below was a game from Tuesday night. IUPUI vs Oakland.
They lost by 12 but they only had five guys.  College kids can take it.

Not a bball coach but UNC played FIVE players against Duke in the second half. They won 6903be10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-03-05, 21:30

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Duke didn't play many guys either.

And lost.  

Last time we beat Duke, we played 10 guys.  117 minutes for starters.  83 minutes for the bench.

5 players seemed to work tonight.  I like that. I’d try it as a coach. Maybe 6.  Below was a game from Tuesday night. IUPUI vs Oakland.

Not a bball coach but UNC played FIVE players against Duke in the second half. They won 6903be10

Sure it can work. Hypothetically...let's pick a random team...say...Michigan State.

What 5 players are you going to go with?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-03-05, 21:44

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Sure it can work.  Hypothetically...let's pick a random team...say...Michigan State.

What 5 players are you going to go with?

This is not meant to be snarky or smart ass because I readily admit I know shit about basketball but here’s my answer that will come off as smart ass: our best five for that game. Notice UNC only did it in the second half. Play the hot guys. I’ve watched a point guard this year get a steal make a lay up get an assist disrupt a play and make another basket, then get subbed out.  As I say I know shit about it but I can only assume it’s because of some clock the staff has on the bench that says it’s time to come out.  I get pulling guys out that have their head in their rear, but pulling a hot guy out is frustrating to idiots like me.  Once against Illinois or Indiana I looked at the scoreboard and they have our players numbers up there that are playing and their points.  We had 3 guys with zero points on the floor at the same time. This was in the second half. I mean cant someone say “hey coach out of the 49 points we’ve scored so far we only have 7 of them represented out on the floor right now”.

I take no offense in anyone telling me why I’m dumb to think that way.  I know it’s probably way more complicated than that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-05, 21:55

Nordic wrote:Let it out buddy

Not a bball coach but UNC played FIVE players against Duke in the second half. They won 502811600

DWags: Not a bball coach but UNC played FIVE players against Duke in the second half. They won 685334576
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-03-05, 22:30

Foster Loyer played 35 minutes today and scored 25 points
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-03-06, 08:16

duffy munn wrote:Foster Loyer played 35 minutes today and scored 25 points

I would like it if Tyson Walker played 35 minutes and took 7 3s.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down