Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harlon Barnett Speaks -

2 posters

Go down

Harlon Barnett Speaks - Empty Harlon Barnett Speaks -

Post by Guest 11/02/15, 11:52 am

And when Da Bang Stick talks you better listen.

EAST LANSING – Harlon Barnett has more responsibilities, but the defensive backs room still is his domain.

And the Michigan State co-defensive coordinator and assistant head coach recently sent a message to all who will attempt to cover receivers for the Spartans next season.

"I said this in the defensive back meeting room. I told all the recruits this (separately), and I told all the defensive backs here recently, within the last two or three weeks: 'There's gonna be two new corners starting for Michigan State this year,' " Barnett said. " 'I don't know who they are. They could be freshmen, they could be guys who are returning.' "

Barnett said he then looked at Darian Hicks, who lost his starting job late last season as a sophomore.

" 'Not to say it won't be you,' " Barnett said to Hicks. " 'But it won't be Darian Hicks from 2014. It'll be Darian Hicks from 2015. It'll be a new guy. So there's gonna be two new guys starting.' "

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/02/10/michigan-state-spartans-football-defensive-backs/23214939/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Harlon Barnett Speaks - Empty Re: Harlon Barnett Speaks -

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 11/02/15, 11:53 am

Hicks should not be the guy unless he gets his shit together
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/02/15, 11:56 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Hicks should not be the guy unless he gets his shit together

And that often happens from one season to the next. If he doesn't it sounds like there are many other options.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 11/02/15, 11:57 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Hicks should not be the guy unless he gets his shit together
Pretty sure he said that 2014 Hicks doesn't have the job but 2015 Hicks has a chance at it. I took that as him telling Hicks that he needs to improve in order to keep his job.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 11/02/15, 12:29 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Pretty sure he said that 2014 Hicks doesn't have the job but 2015 Hicks has a chance at it. I took that as him telling Hicks that he needs to improve in order to keep his job.

Right. I like it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down