Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wat's yer temp?

+22
Herbie Green
HT
Blanch32
The Pantry
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Dr. Strangelove
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
LoneWolfSparty
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
xsanguine
Brock Middlebrook
pulling69
CORNER BLITZ
Snake Plissken
Rodeo Burger
Turtleneck
Heat Miser
Other Teams Pursuing That
tTy
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wat's yer temp? - Page 3 Empty Re: Wat's yer temp?

Post by HT Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am

xsanguine wrote:

Last year at this same time I climbed and camped on Mt. Marcy for a night. It wasn't quite as cold, though... it was only -5. But clearing out 4 feet of snow to set up a tent was an interesting experience. Ever climbed any of the Adirondacks, TN?

Used to go camping up there every summer with the Boy Scouts. I think we hiked up Grave's Mountain when I was 13. One summer we did a weeklong canoe trek that involved canoeing the Raquette River and Long Lake (I'm not definite, but I believe that was part of the trek), which was fantastic.  

Never been up there during the winter, though, but the Adirondacks are phenomenal during the summer.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:58 am

Turtleneck wrote:

http://taxes.about.com/od/statetaxes/a/Property-taxes-highest-lowest.htm

The county with the highest property taxes in the nation was Monroe County, New York where residents pay 2.89% of their home value in property taxes.  Camden County, New Jersey, the only county on the top ten list that was not in New York, was ranked at 8th.  Camden County residents pay 2.50% of their home value in property taxes.

Monroe County (Webster) represent!!!!!! Wat's yer temp? - Page 3 3493939353

Wait...that's not a good thing.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:40 am

SpartanHT wrote:

Used to go camping up there every summer with the Boy Scouts. I think we hiked up Grave's Mountain when I was 13. One summer we did a weeklong canoe trek that involved canoeing the Raquette River and Long Lake (I'm not definite, but I believe that was part of the trek), which was fantastic.  

Never been up there during the winter, though, but the Adirondacks are phenomenal during the summer.

Oh yeah, the ADN is great. In the past couple of years I've hit up separate 3-5 day backpacking trips to Mt. Marcy (winter), Pharaoh Lake wilderness, Black River wilderness, Moose River wilderness, Ha De Ron Dah wilderness (winter and summer) and Five Ponds wilderness.

Lean-to #3 in the Pharaoh Lake wilderness is truly something everyone who loves the outdoors needs to experience. Pick a hot, hot couple of days, take your trunks, and jump off the 18 ft cliffs into that mountain lake. That's some of the most fun I've had in a long time.

That's in addition to little state park stays with the better half (she won't backpack) around ADN and the half dozen or so stays in the Catskills... but once you experience the Adirondacks you don't want to waste a trip on the Catskills. That'd be like choosing Sleepy Hollow over Isle Royale (in MI) if the difference in driving is only 4 hours.

It's funny because I've been out west and all... but when I first showed up to Mt. Marcy with my buddy who camped and climbed with me I looked up while driving down that road along the river to park at the lodge and went...."holy shit, I wasn't actually expecting REAL mountains. This is fucking awesome!" I honestly didn't expect them to be as dramatic as they actually are. I didn't think those kinds of mountains existed east of the Mississippi... but fuck me running, they do!

You guys have some great outdoors up there.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:05 am

I feel like posting some pics from one of my backpacking trips in the great ol' Adirondacks that we've been talking about in this thread. Anytime I'm able to get the fuck outta this urban hell hole I feel alive again.

This is from last August when I went to the Pharaoh Lake Wilderness on the far eastern edge of the Adirondacks. Lean-to #3 with the rock cliff into 25 ft of clear crystal water... could see right to the bottom.....

THREAD HIJACKED BITCHES!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here I am wading...
Wat's yer temp? - Page 3 Img_0010

Jumping off the cliffs...
Wat's yer temp? - Page 3 Img_0011

Hiking along the outlet river...
Wat's yer temp? - Page 3 Img_0012

Morning fog on Pharaoh mountain...
Wat's yer temp? - Page 3 Img_0013

Cleaned brook trout...
Wat's yer temp? - Page 3 Img_0014

View from the perch (with part of my goofy ass on the left side)...
Wat's yer temp? - Page 3 Img_0015

Me sleeping in my tent the next morning...
Wat's yer temp? - Page 3 Img_0016
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:42 am

Headed down to Augusta today. High of 71. Can't wait.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:32 pm

Wat's yer temp? - Page 3 11037324_808742319192918_2333527233683413173_n
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:13 pm

sunny and 48 in East Lansing.. slight wind from the north.. back from a 22 mile back ride. Popped open an Old Style..

Wat's yer temp? - Page 3 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3