Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silas Nacita ruled ineligible?

+2
Rocinante
InTenSity
6 posters

Go down

Silas Nacita ruled ineligible? Empty Silas Nacita ruled ineligible?

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-25, 15:33

Anyone read about this story? Apparently a walkon or at least a RB for Baylor. He was homeless until someone put him up in an apartment. He was dismissed or let go from the team, many thinking it was because the NCAA found him to be ineligible, because impermissible benefits. NCAA is denying that it has gone that route, lots of confusion.

As detailed in this story from December by Sports Illustrated’s Ken Rodriguez, Nacita’s journey from homelessness to the upper echelon of college football was almost unreal. After his father died and he grew estranged from his mother, he slept at friends’ houses during high school in Bakersfield, Calif., where he was a standout football player and wrestler and also a top-notch student, earning a scholarship to Cornell. But he wasn’t a good fit at the Ivy League despite excelling on the field as a freshman, and he moved to Waco in an attempt to walk on at Baylor.
First entry from Google
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Silas Nacita ruled ineligible? Empty Re: Silas Nacita ruled ineligible?

Post by Rocinante 2015-02-25, 15:35

It's a developing story. The NCAA now says they did not rule him ineligible and Baylor did not request a waiver for him.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-25, 15:36

obv = related to Dez Bryant rumored sex tape
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-02-25, 15:52

NCAA rules are crazy, but unfortunately if they are not people abuse it. This kid is getting punished for shit others like Reggie Bush do/did.

Looks like Baylor dropped the ball on this one though and in the interest of avoiding any heat from the NCAA, they dismissed him for rules violation. Makes me wonder what skeletons they are hiding in their closet if they are this trigger happy.

This kid is obviously pretty smart, determined and has a excellent attitude. He'll succeed in life.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-02-25, 16:14

Art Briles was quoted as saying that this was a non win-win situation.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2015-02-25, 16:30

Art wants more southern voices at the NCAA
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-26, 16:11

Today he is tweeting out that he should have known the rules better. It sounds as if yes, he was homeless, and that he did accept someone else paying for him to have an apt. Rules are rules though, and better to be homeless and comply, than have a warm place to sleep at night, but be able to be eligible to play college sports.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-02-26, 16:28

InTenSity wrote:Today he is tweeting out that he should have known the rules better. It sounds as if yes, he was homeless, and that he did accept someone else paying for him to have an apt. Rules are rules though, and better to be homeless and comply, than have a warm place to sleep at night, but be able to be eligible to play college sports.

I don't know. His explanation was weird. They were close family friends, wait, they weren't close family friends but they are now. I mean who knows, it's not like he was the star player.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-26, 16:30

Rocinante wrote:

I don't know. His explanation was weird. They were close family friends, wait, they weren't close family friends but they are now. I mean who knows, it's not like he was the star player.
Where was the apt given to him? While he was going to CC in CA? Or is this a place in Waco and a Penthouse that was provided by a booster. It sounds to me that he became friends with some kid who's parents had $$, he knew the kid fairly well, but not the parents and that is where there is an issue?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-02-26, 16:32

InTenSity wrote:
Where was the apt given to him?

I don't know that and truthfully I lost interest after he backtracked and the nation stopped being outraged about it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down