Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what is wrong with college basketball again?

+10
Dr. Strangelove
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
LoneWolfSparty
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Brock Middlebrook
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
14 posters

Go down

So what is wrong with college basketball again? Empty So what is wrong with college basketball again?

Post by Herbie Green 2015-03-19, 23:52

I forget
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

So what is wrong with college basketball again? Empty Re: So what is wrong with college basketball again?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-19, 23:58

Well for starters the regular season is so boring that no one pays attention to it other than alumni because the games are all 50-49.

A great playoff does not make the state of the sport great. And I'm enjoying the shit out of this.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So what is wrong with college basketball again? Empty Re: So what is wrong with college basketball again?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-20, 00:24

Well theres this. I mean, onion article, but pretty spot on
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-03-20, 01:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Well for starters the regular season is so boring that no one pays attention to it other than alumni because the games are all 50-49.

A great playoff does not make the state of the sport great. And I'm enjoying the shit out of this.

Well stated
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-03-20, 01:41

There are improvements that can be made, like with everything, but I still love the product. It is great and I can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

GO GREEN BOB!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-03-20, 02:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:There are improvements that can be made, like with everything, but I still love the product. It is great and I can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

GO GREEN BOB!!!

Betcha Bob shoots underhanded free throws.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-03-20, 07:20

Herbie Green wrote:I forget

People are stupid and have the attention spans of gnats. That's what's wrong with it.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-20, 07:34

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

People are stupid and have the attention spans of gnats. That's what's wrong with it.

It's a little early in the morning for a blanch mention.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-20, 08:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:There are improvements that can be made, like with everything, but I still love the product. It is great and I can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

GO GREEN BOB!!!
this..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-03-20, 08:15

1. Too many stoppages in play. There should be 3 coaches timeouts per game. Also change media timeouts from the current under 16, 12, 8 and 4 to under 15, 10 and 5.

2. The official reviews have gotten out of hand - shorten that shit up

3. Charge/Block is still an abortion - go to pro rules

4. Go to six personal fouls per player

5. Go to 24 second shot clock
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-20, 08:20

Kentucky, Duke, Carolina, Louisville, UConn, Kansas, Gonzaga, Arizona, Villanova, Wisconsin, Maryland, Arkansas, Stanford, Northern Iowa, etc. are what's wrong with college basketball.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-03-20, 08:34

Too many stoppages in play.

The end of the games takes way too long...there should a rule to curb the amount of intentional fouling.

How the game is officiated differently for different teams, like how Wisconsin supposedly "never fouls" even though they clearly do or how refs give MSU a harder a look for fouls because we have a reputation of being a physical team.

The existence of Kentucky and the rules that enable them to have teams like this. They make a joke of the sport and the term "student-athlete."
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-03-20, 08:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:this..

That
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-20, 09:01

oh.. and the officiating. MY GOD the officiating.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-03-20, 09:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Kentucky, Duke, Carolina, Louisville, UConn, Kansas, Gonzaga, Arizona, Villanova, Wisconsin, Maryland, Arkansas, Stanford, Northern Iowa, etc. are what's wrong with college basketball.

I'm worried that Bob is not feeling very well - he didn't even mention SCum.

What is wrong with college basketball is that every team that is halfway decent gets into the tournament; which renders the regular season almost meaningless and that for many the college basketball season started yesterday.

(note: this is the same thing that is wrong with the NHL and NBA, rewarding mediocrity with playoff berths and the casual fan starts watching when the playoffs begin)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-20, 09:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh.. and the officiating. MY GOD the officiating.

So what is wrong with college basketball again? 4113017228 MSU isn't the only fanbase bitching about the officiating.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-03-20, 09:22

Dr. Strangelove wrote:1. Too many stoppages in play. There should be 3 coaches timeouts per game. Also change media timeouts from the current under 16, 12, 8 and 4 to under 15, 10 and 5.

2. The official reviews have gotten out of hand - shorten that shit up

3. Charge/Block is still an abortion - go to pro rules

4. Go to six personal fouls per player

5. Go to 24 second shot clock

I agree with most of that.

But this thread was meant to be a post day celebration. It was hard to notice most of this when you had 16 tournament games all on tv in one day.

But it might become more prevalent from 12:40 to 2:40 today. Or 12:40 to 3:30...
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-03-20, 09:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh.. and the officiating. MY GOD the officiating.

Don't forget the Blue Wall So what is wrong with college basketball again? 901027492 So what is wrong with college basketball again? 1896033241
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down