Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are we in the top 10 college basketball programs?

2 posters

Go down

Where are we in the top 10 college basketball programs? Empty Where are we in the top 10 college basketball programs?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:11 pm

?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Where are we in the top 10 college basketball programs? Empty Re: Where are we in the top 10 college basketball programs?

Post by HT Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Probably 8 or 9th.

Kentucky, UCLA, Duke, Indiana, UNC and Kansas are all ahead of us for sure. UConn has more titles, so put them ahead of us. That would have us around 8th, but I believe Louisville has one more title than us, so I put them ahead of us and have us at 9th overall.

Other people value things differently, but I would bet most people have MSU in the 7-9 range.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Where are we in the top 10 college basketball programs? Empty Re: Where are we in the top 10 college basketball programs?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:40 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:?

Overall history? Last 25 years? Last 10 years?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:51 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:?

Overall. We're too good now to be cherry picking stats.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Kentucky, UCLA, Duke, Indiana, UNC and Kansas are all ahead of us for sure. UConn has more titles, so put them ahead of us. That would have us around 8th, but I believe Louisville has one more title than us, so I put them ahead of us and have us at 9th overall.

Based on that I'd add Ohio State to HT's group but slightly below us. NC State has the same 2 NC's but 60 more wins overall. I think his rankings are pretty close.

I'd use these two lists to argue it....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men's_Division_I_Basketball_Championship

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_teams_with_the_most_victories_in_NCAA_Division_I_men%27s_college_basketball

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:45 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Based on that I'd add Ohio State to HT's group but slightly below us.  NC State has the same 2 NC's but 60 more wins overall.  I think his rankings are pretty close.

I'd use these two lists to argue it....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men's_Division_I_Basketball_Championship

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_teams_with_the_most_victories_in_NCAA_Division_I_men%27s_college_basketball

I'm not big on using wins, mainly because of how easy non-conference scheduling is at some places (like Syracuse). NC State has more wins than us, but I don't think they're considered on our tier.

Also, I didn't realize OSU was so successful at one point. Seems like, like MSU football, they had a great run in the 60s before dropping off for 40 years.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down