Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+41
SpartanInNH
CheesySpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
Toe
Code_Warrior
tGreenWay
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
y2kMgrad
Blanch32
Rod Porkmore
HT
tTito
Ass Dan
CORNER BLITZ
Giant Moose
Herbie Green
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
75alum
Robert J Sakimano
xsanguine
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
The_Dude
The Pantry
Brock Middlebrook
Heat Miser
LoneWolfSparty
Cameron
steveschneider
Rodeo Burger
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
45 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-20, 11:23

Can we just re-name this the UM obsession thread?

Thanks
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-20, 11:30

The_Dude wrote:Can we just re-name this the UM obsession thread?

Thanks

Does this thread bother you as the board's #1 UM fan?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-20, 13:42

Turtleneck wrote:

Thanks

Sorry brosef--I call it like I see it. Obsession threads like this where people go ZOMG!!! Look at this article about UM!!!! just perpetuates the stereotype of our fanbase.

Let it go...what UM does doesn't mean shit.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-20, 14:05

The_Dude wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Sorry brosef--I call it like I see it.  Obsession threads like this where people go ZOMG!!! Look at this article about UM!!!! just perpetuates the stereotype of our fanbase.

Nobody is going to taking posting advice from you...the guy that said Izzo can't coach big men before he said Izzo can't coach at all, the guy that says Calhoun is worthless, the guy that only shows up when things are going wrong and is silent when things are going great.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-20, 18:37

The_Dude wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Thanks

Sorry brosef--I call it like I see it. Obsession threads like this where people go ZOMG!!! Look at this article about UM!!!! just perpetuates the stereotype of our fanbase.

Why can't you let it go? Why this obsession with censoring people?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-20, 18:45

Shot
Bill Greene ‏@BillBankGreene 22m22 minutes ago
Michigan has offered Lakewood St. Edward DB Tony Butler. Committed to Pitt. http://recruiting.scout.com/player/7576878n-tony-butler …

Chaser
Bill Greene ‏@BillBankGreene 17m17 minutes ago
Tony Butler says he respects the Michigan program and is honored to have that offer, but remains solidly committed to Pittsburgh.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-20, 18:49

The_Dude wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You're one of the bottom 3 posters on this board. Most everyone here universally does not like you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-20, 20:28

LooseGoose wrote:Shot
Bill Greene ‏@BillBankGreene 22m22 minutes ago
Michigan has offered Lakewood St. Edward DB Tony Butler. Committed to Pitt. http://recruiting.scout.com/player/7576878n-tony-butler …

Chaser
Bill Greene ‏@BillBankGreene 17m17 minutes ago
Tony Butler says he respects the Michigan program and is honored to have that offer, but remains solidly committed to Pittsburgh.

NAR-dawwwwwwgggggggg....... Still whooping scUM's ass!
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-21, 08:19

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-04-21, 08:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump..

That's not very apathetic.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-21, 10:59

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 1m1 minute ago
HUGE news for Michigan. Caris LeVert is returning to school.

They'll consider themselves favorites now.....will make the beatings even sweeter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-21, 11:03

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump..

That's not very apathetic.
I felt that it was my duty as a staff writer..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-04-21, 11:05

Staff bumper? I smell a new badge coming.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-04-21, 11:11

LooseGoose wrote:

They'll consider themselves favorites now.....will make the beatings even sweeter.

They're talking final 4 with that 5 guard line-up
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-21, 11:20

kingstonlake wrote:Staff bumper? I smell a new badge coming.....
Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-21, 11:21

LooseGoose wrote:

Favorites for what? The Big Ten? Really?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-21, 11:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

As Kingston mentioned above over on MgoBlow they're already debating Elite 8 or Final 4 - of course after they sweep us.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-21, 11:45

LooseGoose wrote:

As Kingston mentioned above over on MgoBlow they're already debating Elite 8 or Final 4 - of course after they sweep us.

246th in PPG. 216th in APG. 326th in RPG. I say they will be better than the the best NBA team next year.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-04-21, 12:06

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

246th in PPG. 216th in APG. 326th in RPG. I say they will be better than the the best NBA team next year.

LOL.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-21, 12:41

LooseGoose wrote:

keep me posted about what's going on on their message board... or, I guess, I could just keep reading our message board for updates on them..

GO GREEN!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-04-21, 12:47

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

We'll have to step up our game.   They'll be better which is good.  If we can finish top two or three in the league and they have a decent OOC season along with Maryland and Wisconsin and Indiana gets better, it can't help but make us better and have a better shot at good seeding in the NCAA.   I like it when they're better than what they were this year.  
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-21, 17:45

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

We'll have to step up our game.   They'll be better which is good.  If we can finish top two or three in the league and they have a decent OOC season along with Maryland and Wisconsin and Indiana gets better, it can't help but make us better and have a better shot at good seeding in the NCAA.   I like it when they're better than what they were this year.  

Phil Mitten ‏@hoopsmarinara 6h6 hours ago
Michigan lost to NJIT & East. Mich. back-to-back WITH LeVert & Walton. UM will be good/Beilein is great, but pump the brakes a little guys.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2015-04-21, 19:10

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

They're talking final 4 with that 5 guard line-up

Holy shit!  From under .500 to final 4 next season!   There's somthin' real special goin' on in Anne Harbor.  Hope it's quarantined before it spreads
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-21, 19:16

LooseGoose wrote:

This. Here comes the tubthumping, folks.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-21, 19:26

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Phil Mitten ‏@hoopsmarinara 6h6 hours ago
Michigan lost to NJIT & East. Mich. back-to-back WITH LeVert & Walton. UM will be good/Beilein is great, but pump the brakes a little guys.

They are not going to win too many home games with Harbaugh constantly chatting up Beilein during the game.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-24, 14:04

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 3 CDXZH8yWAAAdlCN

And the masses bowed before their god and said you are a twitter legend.

This guy is a joke. mgoblog is squirting in their khakis over it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-04-24, 20:37

Rocinante wrote:Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 3 CDXZH8yWAAAdlCN

The funny thing is I don't think they even really get the joke - which is actually hilarious unless I don’t get it.

Isn't this just a promotion of their usual summer camp?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-24, 20:40

Herbie Green wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 3 CDXZH8yWAAAdlCN

The funny thing is I don't think they even really get the joke - which is actually hilarious unless I don’t get it.

Isn't this just a promotion of their usual summer camp?

Don't think so. I believe this is the promotion of the UM satellite camps that have Saban and the SEC in a tizzy (because the SEC does not allow for these camps).
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-24, 20:42

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/04/nick_saban_calls_satellite_cam.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-24, 20:48

Turtleneck wrote:http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/04/nick_saban_calls_satellite_cam.html

Sounds an awful lot like what Duffy and the fellas did in the 50's and 60's. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 3 2599972566
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-24, 20:55

SpartanInNH wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/04/nick_saban_calls_satellite_cam.html

Sounds an awful lot like what Duffy and the fellas did in the 50's and 60's.  Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 3 2599972566

I suppose you could argue the import social benefits, chiefly the desegregation of college football, that came with what MSU was doing in the 50s and 60s. Harbaugh probably cannot spell or pronounce the word desegregation. But I get your point, and I am sure MSU's goal was not to change American society as much as it was to win football games by getting the best players.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-24, 21:22

Turtleneck wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

Sounds an awful lot like what Duffy and the fellas did in the 50's and 60's.  Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 3 2599972566

I suppose you could argue the import social benefits, chiefly the desegregation of college football, that came with what MSU was doing in the 50s and 60s. Harbaugh probably cannot spell or pronounce the word desegregation. But I get your point, and I am sure MSU's goal was not to change American society as much as it was to win football games by getting the best players.

Suspect

Ernest Green, of the Little Rock Nine, was one such student. Green was famously the first African American to graduate in 1957 from Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas after months of harassment and debate. Upon his graduation, he received an anonymous full-ride scholarship (rumored to be from John Hannah, himself!), and went on to complete his undergraduate degree in Social Sciences at MSU. He is known to have said that his time spent at his alma mater transformed his life and taught him skills critical for his later success.

In Celebration of MLK Day

In fact, MSU played a far bigger role in the desegregation of sports in America—something that’s worth remembering.

First, let’s recap the significance of the 1963 NCAA tournament game. Back in those days SEC sports teams were segregated. Moreover, six months before the game the governor of Mississippi had tried to prevent James Meredith from attending Ole Miss. Segregationists did not want the Bulldogs playing Loyola, which started four black players, and a local judge issued an injunction to prevent the team from leaving the state to play that game in East Lansing.

The Bulldogs team snuck out under cover of darkness to avoid being served papers by state troopers. As the Sporting News recounts, “The Loyola-Mississippi State game became a cause célèbre, and every flashbulb in the state of Michigan popped when (Loyola’s Jerry) Harkness shook the hand of MSU captain Joe Dan Gold at midcourt before the game.”

MSU Athletics Director Mark Hollis calls it “the beginning of the end of segregation in college sports.” For the record, Loyola won 61-51 and went on to win the NCAA tournament.

MSU Was a Catalyst for Social Change

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 3 2599972566 Hannah started it. Biggie and Duffy nailed it down. To do right first, and to win in the process.

The antithesis of that school down the road, in other words.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-24, 21:37

SpartanInNH wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Suspect

Ernest Green, of the Little Rock Nine, was one such student. Green was famously the first African American to graduate in 1957 from Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas after months of harassment and debate. Upon his graduation, he received an anonymous full-ride scholarship (rumored to be from John Hannah, himself!), and went on to complete his undergraduate degree in Social Sciences at MSU. He is known to have said that his time spent at his alma mater transformed his life and taught him skills critical for his later success.

In Celebration of MLK Day

In fact, MSU played a far bigger role in the desegregation of sports in America—something that’s worth remembering.

First, let’s recap the significance of the 1963 NCAA tournament game. Back in those days SEC sports teams were segregated. Moreover, six months before the game the governor of Mississippi had tried to prevent James Meredith from attending Ole Miss. Segregationists did not want the Bulldogs playing Loyola, which started four black players, and a local judge issued an injunction to prevent the team from leaving the state to play that game in East Lansing.

The Bulldogs team snuck out under cover of darkness to avoid being served papers by state troopers. As the Sporting News recounts, “The Loyola-Mississippi State game became a cause célèbre, and every flashbulb in the state of Michigan popped when (Loyola’s Jerry) Harkness shook the hand of MSU captain Joe Dan Gold at midcourt before the game.”

MSU Athletics Director Mark Hollis calls it “the beginning of the end of segregation in college sports.” For the record, Loyola won 61-51 and went on to win the NCAA tournament.

MSU Was a Catalyst for Social Change

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 3 2599972566 Hannah started it. Biggie and Duffy nailed it down. To do right first, and to win in the process.

The antithesis of that school down the road, in other words.

this +1 is not out of sarcasm. It is because that is a good post.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-04-24, 21:49

Don't think so. I believe this is the promotion of the UM satellite camps that have Saban and the SEC in a tizzy (because the SEC does not allow for these camps). [/quote]

No, those dates are for the actual UM camp on campus so it is a little funnier to invite them into his own backyard. Regardless, he is no doubt trolling everyone for all the criticism for the satellite camps. And sorry, but for all the stupid crap spewing out of there I have regrettably award them a +1 for this particular effort.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-24, 21:55

Herbie Green wrote:Don't think so. I believe this is the promotion of the UM satellite camps that have Saban and the SEC in a tizzy (because the SEC does not allow for these camps).

No, those dates are for the actual UM camp on campus so it is a little funnier to invite them into his own backyard.  Regardless, he is no doubt trolling everyone for all the criticism for the satellite camps.  And sorry, but for all the stupid crap spewing out of there I have regrettably award them a +1 for this particular effort.

I don't think there's a big gain other than the SEC trolling.   Having 100 coaches on your campus from SE Missouri St, NW Idaho and Coastal Carolina doesn't seem like it does much to advance UM's program.   Yes it might draw more recruits but probably not B1GTen level recruits and the big time recruits might resent their loss of attention and 1 on 1 time with all the hoopla.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-24, 22:15

It's the regular summer camp. Anybody who pays their way can go anyway.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-04-24, 22:27

Brochure for MSU football camp:

http://www.sportcamps.msu.edu/manage/brochures/15%20Ftbll%20camp_info_final.pdf

"MSU coaches and players plus high school and college coaches from around the country, blah blah"

...No I don't think you would actually want hundreds of college football coaches at your own camp limiting your own contact
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-26, 12:37

There's some gold in this thread....one poster attempts to inject reality and it's not well received.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/spring-football-open-thread-0
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-26, 12:49

Saw olbermann called for a boycott of the nfl draft and the fight this weekend because both feature athletes that have battered women (Winston/mayweather). In the footage of Winston they show him with harbaugh and it got me thinking. What the hell was harbaugh thinking coaching this scum bag? Harbaugh had failed as 49rs hc with ray McDonald and I believe he sent the wrong message again by inviting Winston to Ann Arbor.

Pretty poor showing when it comes to taking a stance against domestic violence.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-26, 13:28

steveschneider wrote:Saw olbermann called for a boycott of the nfl draft and the fight this weekend because both feature athletes that have battered women (Winston/mayweather). In the footage of Winston they show him with harbaugh and it got me thinking. What the hell was harbaugh thinking coaching this scum bag? Harbaugh had failed as 49rs hc with ray McDonald and I believe he sent the wrong message again by inviting Winston to Ann Arbor.

Pretty poor showing when it comes to taking a stance against domestic violence.

Maybe Harbaugh thinks it's just football toughness.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next