Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+41
SpartanInNH
CheesySpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
Toe
Code_Warrior
tGreenWay
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
y2kMgrad
Blanch32
Rod Porkmore
HT
tTito
Ass Dan
CORNER BLITZ
Giant Moose
Herbie Green
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
75alum
Robert J Sakimano
xsanguine
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
The_Dude
The Pantry
Brock Middlebrook
Heat Miser
LoneWolfSparty
Cameron
steveschneider
Rodeo Burger
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
45 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Turtleneck Mon 30 Mar 2015 - 10:44

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump...

How many hours did you spend reading scum message boards this weekend Bob?

The Dude, where is the game relative to Izzo? Do you think it has passed him by?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by The_Dude Mon 30 Mar 2015 - 11:28

Turtleneck wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

How many hours did you spend reading scum message boards this weekend Bob?

The Dude, where is the game relative to Izzo? Do you think it has passed him by?

Don't be like Fletch. That isn't a good thing.

Be happy we are in the Final Four and enjoy the ride. MSU will be extremely hard pressed (never say never) to ever have a better coaching duo than Izzo and Dantonio.

I hope Izzo can somehow when a second national title like Dean Smith during the latter part of his career. MSU needs to break through into that top group with more than two national titles.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 30 Mar 2015 - 11:59

LooseGoose wrote:
Louisville will shit the bed on Sunday also. flower Izzo and flower Staee for getting such an easy bracket. Michigan never gets breaks like this.
These are fans of a team that lost to Ohio (the real Ohio), right? And who just last year got to face an 11 seed in the Sweet 16 and an 8 seed in the Elite 8?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 6:55

I've been amusing myself the last couple days by reading the reaction of scUM acquiring Rudock from Iowa. The irrational exuberance among their fanbase at signing Iowa's backup QB is hilarious. 10 years ago scUM fans would have shredded MSU or tOSU for this, now it's just another example of Harblow's genius!!

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/04/michigan_announces_addition_of.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 7:15

The_Dude wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Don't be like Fletch.  That isn't a good thing.

You mean by quoting stupid things people have said?

Message boards. How do they work?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 7:49

Something I've been meaning to ask because I've seen it on UM sites before...

But what is the story behind referring to State as Staee?

I mean, I'm an idiot and all... but I don't get it and it seems like I should.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 7:59

xsanguine wrote:Something I've been meaning to ask because I've seen it on UM sites before...

It's how the KoolKidz there avoid referring to us by our given name.....like the "Ohio" thing rather than Ohio State. Somehow they think it either demeans us or it's that we're not worthy of having our proper name used. Roughly 3rd grade level stuff.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 8:24

LooseGoose wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Something I've been meaning to ask because I've seen it on UM sites before...

It's how the KoolKidz there avoid referring to us by our given name.....like the "Ohio" thing rather than Ohio State. Somehow they think it either demeans us or it's that we're not worthy of having our proper name used. Roughly 3rd grade level stuff.

Are you sure it is not simply because most UM fans are only semi-literate?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 8:26

It has something to do with this pic. I don't know the story behind the pic, but this is what started it.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 Staeevandalism
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 9:14

It's weird.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 9:48

LooseGoose wrote:

that makes me want to mock scUM more than ever.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 20:49

Reality
We aren't getting Brown and Soarty has reasserted their dominance in basketball. I hope everyone enjoyed that little 3 year run we had.

Delusion
Exactly. While Izzo is undoubtedly a good coach, the fact that they have had only 5 early entries to the draft in his 20 years is amazing. He doesn't develop talent well -- or he doesn't do it very fast, anyway.

Bitterness
Most of Izzo's guys who have been successful in the pros have gotten away before he ruined them with DayDay being the exception.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/msu-gets-commitment-5-star-swanigan
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 20:55

LooseGoose wrote:Reality
We aren't getting Brown and Soarty has reasserted their dominance in basketball. I hope everyone enjoyed that little 3 year run we had.

Delusion
Exactly. While Izzo is undoubtedly a good coach, the fact that they have had only 5 early entries to the draft in his 20 years is amazing. He doesn't develop talent well -- or he doesn't do it very fast, anyway.

Bitterness
Most of Izzo's guys who have been successful in the pros have gotten away before he ruined them with DayDay being the exception.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/msu-gets-commitment-5-star-swanigan

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 1966794946 God bless 'em, it's like watching a kid swing and miss at a T-ball over and over and over. Just no quit in 'em.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 21:23

I imagine Purdue fans are sour right now. They get mad anytime Izzo gets a commitment from an Indiana player.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 23:50

Here it is again!

mgoblog wrote:kansas is in the same tier as Staee

It's a conspiracy!!!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 11 Apr 2015 - 0:09

xsanguine wrote:Here it is again!

It's a conspiracy!!!

I'm going to just call them Assmuncher U
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 11 Apr 2015 - 0:13

It's a conspiracy!!!

I believe it's "IT R CONSPIRACY". Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat 11 Apr 2015 - 0:14

Heat Miser wrote:

It's a conspiracy!!!

I believe it's "IT R CONSPIRACY". Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 2599972566

Yeah, I'm new blood, though.... so I try not acting like I've been here for 15 years.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 11 Apr 2015 - 2:50

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 1494614055 Now they're working on the Facebook Heisman.  Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 1966794946

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 1904239_10152192825675753_861452924_n
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr 2015 - 14:11

They're not gonna like this in AA.

Scott Dochterman ‏@ScottDochterman 11m11 minutes ago Iowa City, IA
Iowa DE Drew Ott said he was surprised QB Jake Rudock elected to transfer. "I thought he had a little more fight in him."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Wed 15 Apr 2015 - 20:51

LooseGoose wrote:They're not gonna like this in AA.

Scott Dochterman ‏@ScottDochterman 11m11 minutes ago Iowa City, IA
Iowa DE Drew Ott said he was surprised QB Jake Rudock elected to transfer. "I thought he had a little more fight in him."

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 502811600 Says the guy who got to chase him in practice. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 502811600
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr 2015 - 22:31

They're all very happy tonight, they've secured a walk on RB from Saline. Visions of Roses are dancing for them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 16 Apr 2015 - 7:33

LooseGoose wrote:They're all very happy tonight, they've secured a walk on RB from Saline. Visions of Roses are dancing for them.
bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Apr 2015 - 14:49

This guy better not show his face in AA:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago

49ers G Alex Boone tells @RealSportsHBO that Jim Harbaugh "kind of wore out his welcome" and "pushed guys too far" http://wp.me/p14QSB-9KLW

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 19 Apr 2015 - 15:15

Honestly that might be why the college game suits him better. We'll see. Just trying to be fair.

I kind of side with the 'this is going to go up in a huge ball of flames at some point' folks. But perhaps that's wishful thinking. Either way, I ain't scurred.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 19 Apr 2015 - 18:07

LooseGoose wrote:This guy better not show his face in AA:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago

49ers G Alex Boone tells @RealSportsHBO that Jim Harbaugh "kind of wore out his welcome" and "pushed guys too far" http://wp.me/p14QSB-9KLW

Oh, come on: it deserves much more than that.

“I think he just pushed guys too far. He wanted too much, demanded too much, expected too much. You know, ‘We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this.’ And you’d be like, ‘This guy might be clinically insane. He’s crazy.’ . . . I think that if you’re stuck in your ways enough, eventually people are just going to say, ‘Listen, we just can’t work with this.'”

I tend to agree with WBH. I think Harbaugh is gonna bring a big turnaround for the Arrogant Assholes, because he's the one thing (or one of the things) Hoke wasn't: a good coach. I also think Harbaugh is built for college, where people leave in no more than 5 years, specifically because of the drain this insanity places on people.

The insanity will also be a factor in recruiting, some positive, some negative. Some kids will look at Dantonio as the calm, quiet, methodical winner, and want to hang out in his lockerroom instead of that lunatic's. Other kids will think Harbaugh is the best thing ever.

Me personally? I think Dantonio kicks his ass on and off the field, but it will be a lot harder to do than it was with Hoke. Bring it, James.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 19 Apr 2015 - 18:18

SpartanInNH wrote:

“I think he just pushed guys too far. He wanted too much, demanded too much, expected too much. You know, ‘We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this.’ And you’d be like, ‘This guy might be clinically insane. He’s crazy.’ . . . I think that if you’re stuck in your ways enough, eventually people are just going to say, ‘Listen, we just can’t work with this.'”

I tend to agree with WBH. I think Harbaugh is gonna bring a big turnaround for the Arrogant Assholes, because he's the one thing (or one of the things) Hoke wasn't: a good coach. I also think Harbaugh is built for college, where people leave in no more than 5 years, specifically because of the drain this insanity places on people.

The insanity will also be a factor in recruiting, some positive, some negative. Some kids will look at Dantonio as the calm, quiet, methodical winner, and want to hang out in his lockerroom instead of that lunatic's. Other kids will think Harbaugh is the best thing ever.

Me personally? I think Dantonio kicks his ass on and off the field, but it will be a lot harder to do than it was with Hoke. Bring it, James.

Jim is going to do alright. the failure to develop a decent qb has killed uofm the last 8 years. Gardner and Robsinson were turn over machines and Morrison is a pussy.

The QB they got from Iowa will be good enough to not cost them games, and their D will keep them in most games.

Jim's too much of a loose cannon though and there will be a good deal of controversy. The antics of running up the score, punching Schwartz, punching Jim Kelly, calling out Ditka and all the loony shit he did in SF will still happen in A2. I'm betting his act gets old at that school for a lot of the profs and people that take the academics seriously at the school. Walmart nation is going to eat it all up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum Sun 19 Apr 2015 - 18:25

Jeeeem! Jeeeem on HBO! Something forvWalmart nation to watch during a loser FB season.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 19 Apr 2015 - 19:37

Let me know if there's an Andrew Luck on his roster. I'll wait.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Apr 2015 - 20:04

kingstonlake wrote:Let me know if there's an Andrew Luck on his roster. I'll wait.

You must not have heard of Malzone - Jim was a miracle worker there, as soon as he signed him went from a 2 star with MAC offers to a 4*.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Apr 2015 - 4:36

75alum wrote:Jeeeem! Jeeeem on HBO! Something forvWalmart nation to watch during a loser FB season.

I have a feeling this may make some of them uneasy though none of them will admit it:

"It must be true, yeah," Harbaugh said. "I wear out my welcome."

When Kremer asked what that meant, Harbaugh didn't hesitate.

"They just don't want to be around you after a while," he said.

"But after a while, you just want to kick his ass," Boone said. "He just keeps pushing you and you're like, 'Dude, we got over the mountain. Stop. Let go.' He kind of wore out his welcome."

Kremer asked what that means.

"I think he pushed guys too far," Boone said. "He demanded too much, expected too much. And you'd be like, 'This guy might be clinically insane. He might be crazy.'"

Harbaugh is then shown at a Michigan spring practice barking at a player whose jersey number was blurred.

"I'm just telling you the right way to do it," Harbaugh yells at him. "If you want to look at me like with that look, go (expletive) somewhere else."

HBO 'Real Sport' piece reveals Harbaugh's burning will to win
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon 20 Apr 2015 - 5:02

Boone sounds like he has to tuck lips into that jock strap rather than a scrotum.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 20 Apr 2015 - 7:28

"If you want to look at me like with that look, go (expletive) somewhere else."

Let me guess. It was a walk on.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 20 Apr 2015 - 7:38

SpartanInNH wrote:

I think Harbaugh's personality already cost him a few recruits.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 20 Apr 2015 - 7:56

He's stocking the roster with qbs not in the program when he hired on. His ego wants to play one of his creation to feed the ego. All hail what I have delivered to you!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 20 Apr 2015 - 10:51

The Blue Wall headlines focus on "burning will to win" rather than crazy asshole whom people can't stand being around after a while. Shocking.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 20 Apr 2015 - 10:55

Breaking news: He drank a lot of milk. Not that candy-ass 2% either.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 20 Apr 2015 - 10:56

Heat Miser wrote:The Blue Wall headlines focus on "burning will to win" rather than crazy asshole whom people can't stand being around after a while. Shocking.

It doesn't help that he has an oddly shaped head. It is totally screwed up. This is their second consecutive coach that looks like a cartoon character.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 CC1fDxAUIAEZ1oi

Edit. Carr looked a lot like Gargamel. I think there is a pattern.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Mon 20 Apr 2015 - 11:11; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 20 Apr 2015 - 11:09

This is the same guy who thought Kapernick was the answer. Correct?

Where's the threat?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 20 Apr 2015 - 11:21

Just saw Mike and Mike clip on ESPN and Mike Greenberg was gushing about Harbaugh saying he's one of the greatest coaches in the game. Putting him on the same pedestal as Belichick and Saban.

Are you f'n kidding me?

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next