Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swanigan

+24
CheesySpartan
SpartanInNH
kingstonlake
gomersbro
Townie
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
I.B. Fine
Rodeo Burger
Brock Middlebrook
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
Rod Porkmore
Herbie Green
InTenSity
HT
Bizarro Fletch
Turtleneck
steveschneider
beal99
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Swanigan Empty Swanigan

Post by beal99 Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Happening or Not Happening?
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Swanigan Empty Re: Swanigan

Post by steveschneider Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:56 pm

No one knows. Most of the McD's All Americans are in wait in see mode to see what one and dones get flushed out and will listen to the offers.

What do most one and dones want?

1) as little as possible to do with education

2) playing time

3) $$$$

Look for Duke to make some big moves in the next couple of weeks when they flush out three players. Bawoosh!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Truth, sucks we run a clean, legit program that makes men out of boys. Which I'll still take any day of the week over these primadonna shitheads.
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Mod, we have worked very hard to curate recruiting content from around the Internet. Beal is in complete violation of our hard work.
steveschneider wrote:No one knows. Most of the McD's All Americans are in wait in see mode to see what one and dones get flushed out and will listen to the offers.

2) playing time

3) $$$$

Look for Duke to make some big moves in the next couple of weeks when they flush out three players. Bawoosh!

Why would they flush them out? If they wanted to stay, there is room. Duke has no reason to ask them to leave (which is what you imply when you say flush) because they have the scholarship space to keep them and add the 2015 class. If Okafor, Winslow, and Jones went to Coach K's office and told him they want to come back and try their hand at running the table next year, do you really think Coach K would tell them he does not want them to stick around? Your comments make zero sense.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:06 pm

beal99 wrote:Truth, sucks we run a clean, legit program that makes men out of boys. Which I'll still take any day of the week over these primadonna shitheads.

We have been discussing this in the recruiting thread. It appears Cal is the new leader for Swanigan, and that might have more to do with AAU friendships and Cuonzo Martin being a longtime family friend than anything else.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:08 pm

Is this kid really a one and done prospect? I guess all McD's players think they are, but he isn't considered a player that is ready to go right now, is he?
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:20 pm

Good question. I hear it both ways with Swanigan so I am not sure. However, I do not think he is considered NBA ready now if that was an option.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Not happening. I think he wants to play the 4, and we already have Davis for that.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Good question. I hear it both ways with Swanigan so I am not sure. However, I do not think he is considered NBA ready now if that was an option.

I didn't think so either, but asked because of steveschneider's comments about him wanting what your typical UK one and dones are looking for. I don't think Izzo is beyond recruiting players like that (see: Jabari), but I didn't get the idea it applied to Swanigan.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Mod, we have worked very hard to curate recruiting content from around the Internet. Beal is in complete violation of
steveschneider wrote:No one knows. Most of the McD's All Americans are in wait in see mode to see what one and dones get flushed out and will listen to the offers.

2) playing time

3) $$$$

Why would they flush them out? If they wanted to stay, there is room. Duke has no reason to ask them to leave (which is what you imply when you say flush) because they have the scholarship space to keep them and add the 2015 class. If Okafor, Winslow, and Jones went to Coach K's office and told him they want to come back and try their hand at running the table next year, do you really think Coach K would tell them he does not want them to stick around? Your comments make zero sense.
Turtleneck wrote:Mod, we have worked very hard to curate recruiting content from around the Internet. Beal is in complete violation of

2) playing time

3) $$$$

Jones is gone if he's smart. His stock is never going to be higher.

Okafur is gone he'll be the #1 pick.

Winslow might come back but I'm not holding my breath.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:32 pm

MISSED THE "OFFICIAL RECRUITING THREAD" Swanigan 137731615
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:37 pm

I was just kidding. You can do whatever you want here.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:40 pm

steveschneider wrote:

Jones is gone if he's smart. His stock is never going to be higher.

Okafur is gone he'll be the #1 pick.

Winslow might come back but I'm not holding my breath.

Winslow is likely to be a top five pick. He is 99.9% gone.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:44 pm

Leaving to go to the NBA because you are a top 10 pick isn't being 'flushed'. Being encouraged to go to the NBA even though you are a borderline 2nd round pick to make room for another recruit, is being 'flushed'.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:59 pm

HT wrote:Not happening. I think he wants to play the 4, and we already have Davis for that.

The supposed package deal to Cal includes Raab, who also plays the 4.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:25 pm

Bizarro Fletch wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Good question. I hear it both ways with Swanigan so I am not sure. However, I do not think he is considered NBA ready now if that was an option.

I didn't think so either, but asked because of steveschneider's comments about him wanting what your typical UK one and dones are looking for.  I don't think Izzo is beyond recruiting players like that (see: Jabari), but I didn't get the idea it applied to Swanigan.

He supposedly has a very developed post game. I did not see that at the McDonald's game, but that is not the kind of game were one could show off a post game. It is unfair to make a judgement based on a game where nobody wants to give the ball up.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rod Porkmore Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:48 pm

beal99 wrote:Happening or Not Happening?

Maybe. Maybe not.
Rod Porkmore
Rod Porkmore
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:51 pm

We been sold up the Swanigan river.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:05 pm

Need to land Winston and Bridges on 2016 and Bowen in 2017 and we will be loaded for a nc.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:46 pm

Just cheat.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:55 pm

DWags wrote:Just cheat.

That didn't end well for Pete Bell.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:35 am

I can't believe there are still people out there that follow recruiting. One of the biggest shams out there. How are your crystal balls? Swanigan 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:35 am

No.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:37 am

I agree. NCAA doesn't really seem to care much, so we might as well take advantage like Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky do.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:38 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:How are your crystal balls? Swanigan 502811600

Pretty big, but I gotta be careful about sitting down too hard so that they don't break.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:43 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I can't believe there are still people out there that follow recruiting. One of the biggest shams out there. How are your crystal balls? Swanigan 502811600

Is it time for Izzo to go to the NBA yet?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:47 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I can't believe there are still people out there that follow recruiting. One of the biggest shams out there. How are your crystal balls? Swanigan 502811600

I thought we were better than the rcmb here and didn't rehash every joke 100 times? Guess we all can't improve as posters.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:50 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I thought we were better than the rcmb here and didn't rehash every joke 100 times? Guess we all can't improve as posters.

If I come on here and say something stupid or controversial, I'd expect to hear about it for about a year or longer. That's how every message board on every website has worked since the invention of BBS's in 1989.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:54 am

InTenSity wrote:

If I come on here and say something stupid or controversial, I'd expect to hear about it for about a year or longer. That's how every message board on every website has worked since the invention of BBS's in 1989.

At least here you guys can post whatever you want. Do your thing. Go green.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:22 am

Turtleneck wrote:

So to recap, it's funny and apt when you rip on other people for what they say or do (like follow recruiting, which I don't, but whatever). But it's stale and lame when people rip on you for what you say or do. Got it.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:37 am

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

So to recap, it's funny and apt when you rip on other people for what they say or do (like follow recruiting, which I don't, but whatever). But it's stale and lame when people rip on you for what you say or do. Got it.

You're comparing one thread to recruiting. Ok.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:48 am

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

I don't get all of your incessant whining about your stupid thread being bumped. You obviously intended for it to be inflammatory and all "Look at me! I said something controversial!" You wanted attention and you're getting it.

Maybe in the future if you don't want your own words to be used against you just don't say shit you know is stupid? Just my two cents. Swanigan 2599972566
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:55 am

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

I don't get all of your incessant whining about your stupid thread being bumped. You obviously intended for it to be inflammatory and all "Look at me! I said something controversial!" You wanted attention and you're getting it.

Maybe in the future if you don't want your own words to be used against you just don't say shit you know is stupid? Just my two cents. Swanigan 2599972566

Cease and desist?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:05 am

Turtleneck wrote:

Just so I have this down going forward, you get to call people stupid but expect other people to refrain from treating you the same way? Is that correct?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:13 am

Turtleneck wrote:

Just so I have this down going forward, you get to call people stupid but expect other people to refrain from treating you the same way? Is that correct?

Wait, I called someone stupid? The only stupid person In this situation would be swanigan going to cal. He's going to join the ranks of Jamil Wilson and Trey Zeigler
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:18 am

Wait, I called someone stupid?

You implied that people were stupid for following recruiting. So you more-or-less called people that follow recruiting stupid.

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The only stupid person In this situation would be swanigan going to cal. He's going to join the ranks of Jamil Wilson and Trey Zeigler

Uh, it sounds like you follow recruiting...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:32 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Wait, I called someone stupid?

You implied that people were stupid for following recruiting. So you more-or-less called people that follow recruiting stupid.

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The only stupid person In this situation would be swanigan going to cal. He's going to join the ranks of Jamil Wilson and Trey Zeigler

Uh, it sounds like you follow recruiting...

Used to. Got sick of it all.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:41 am

NigelUno wrote:
Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Cease and desist?

I've asked Google for your IP address, hater.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:42 am

Turtleneck wrote:

Let me help OTPT out:

Yes.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:45 am

Swanigan 2943907172
The_Dude
The_Dude