Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI? Don't be. - Spartan Swill Staff

+31
Robert J Sakimano
SBSpartan
LoneWolfSparty
Tyler Durden
The_Dude
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
SeeRockCity
pulling69
Ass Dan
SpartanInNH
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
DWags
Mentalstate
Herbie Green
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
steveschneider
beal99
HT
WhiteGreenShow
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
Snake Plissken
Watch Out Pylon!
tTito
Nordic
Nommad2
InTenSity
35 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff Empty Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI? Don't be. - Spartan Swill Staff

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2015 3:04 pm

2016 5* Basketball Recuirt Caleb Swanigan from Fort Wayne, IN committed to Coach Tom Izzo and
the Michigan State Spartans on April 10, 2015 becoming the 4th member of this recruiting class.  Mr.
Swanigan's commitment sparked paroxysms of joy in Spartan Nation.  Visions of B1G Ten dominance,
Final Fours and National Championships crystallized in many minds.  Four weeks later there are concerns
that Spartans everywhere may have been indulging in premature irrational exuberance.  I'm here today
to reassure you that while Mr. Swanigan's presence on the hardwood next season would be nice, it's not
important enough to break the Sunday china if he decides to continue his career elsewhere.  

Now that you've read that, on to the analysis for the Nervous Nancies here.   A look this afternoon at
msuspartans.com reassures me that the following is still true - "Tom Izzo -Head Coach".   So calm the fuck
down and go about your life MSU basketball will be fine with or without Mr. Swanigan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff Empty Re: Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI? Don't be. - Spartan Swill Staff

Post by InTenSity Thu May 07, 2015 3:18 pm

So...he didn't sign his LOI yet?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff Empty Re: Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI? Don't be. - Spartan Swill Staff

Post by Nommad2 Thu May 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Jeff Goodman

@GoodmanESPN

Michigan State commit Caleb Swanigan has decommitted, source told ESPN. Hearing Purdue is strong for a landing spot.
4:09 PM - 7 May 2015

395 395 Retweets
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 Thu May 07, 2015 4:29 pm

NOW you can be worried
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu May 07, 2015 4:36 pm

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff 1550444538
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Thu May 07, 2015 4:40 pm

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff 1431518612
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu May 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff Animal-house-remain_calm11
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Thu May 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Nommad2 wrote:Jeff Goodman

@GoodmanESPN

Michigan State commit Caleb Swanigan has decommitted, source told ESPN. Hearing Purdue is strong for a landing spot.

395 395 Retweets
Fuck Purdue
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu May 07, 2015 5:03 pm

I nominate loosegoose for immediate promotion to staff writer. His predictive skills top notch. At least one or two pegs better than every other msu related site.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu May 07, 2015 5:05 pm

So what zany thing has Michigan done today guys?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteGreenShow Thu May 07, 2015 5:06 pm

Snake Plissken wrote:
Nommad2 wrote:Jeff Goodman

@GoodmanESPN

395 395 Retweets
Fuck Purdue

Go cry on tTURD with your little friends, Shit happens and the team will be fine
WhiteGreenShow
WhiteGreenShow
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Thu May 07, 2015 5:10 pm

Big fucking deal that he decommitted. We still have a nice class coming in, and a great coach in Izzo. Life moves on.

The only thing that irritates me about this is that Painter might get a top guy after all that bitching regarding Dawson and implying that MSU is dirty. That asshat doesn't deserve a top recruit, much les seemingly getting him by something shady.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 Thu May 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff 1550444538 Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff 1550444538 Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff 1550444538 Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff 1550444538 Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff 1550444538 Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff 1550444538 Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff 1550444538 Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu May 07, 2015 5:17 pm

I'm almost sure that there is money changing hands, you guys.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteGreenShow Thu May 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Rocinante wrote:I'm almost sure that there is money changing hands, you guys.

Fucking right it's payday, show me that green.
WhiteGreenShow
WhiteGreenShow
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu May 07, 2015 5:30 pm

This is why I don't give a shit about recruiting...I only care about the kids that put on the green and white. Go State!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteGreenShow Thu May 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Is anyone else thinking Izzo should just go to the NBA already, he can't even seem to keep recruits we have a verbal commit from.
WhiteGreenShow
WhiteGreenShow
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2015 6:22 pm

HT wrote:Big fucking deal that he decommitted. We still have a nice class coming in, and a great coach in Izzo. Life moves on.

The only thing that irritates me about this is that Painter might get a top guy after all that bitching regarding Dawson and implying that MSU is dirty. That asshat doesn't deserve a top recruit, much les seemingly getting him by something shady.

Painter convinced him that NYC in March for the NIT was like Springtime in Paris.

In some ways this clears the logjam for this year, bring in JWIII a player that from all accounts WANTS to be here and we're set up for 2016-17 and beyond.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu May 07, 2015 6:25 pm

I made a pecan pie this evening. Just waiting for it to cool.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu May 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Just start paying the players and end this type of crap. Get it all out in the open.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2015 7:02 pm

The only part of this that truly saddens me:

Michigan State
Home: Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska
Away: Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue
Home/Away: Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, Wisconsin

No Purdue at tBreslin this year.

Goodman from ESPN is claiming sources have told him Swanigan wanted to play the 4 not the 5 to "showcase his talents". I really don't understand that one since Costello/Schilling are 5's at MSU. Perhaps he didn't want to split or compete for minutes with Deyonta Davis?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12842995&ex_cid=espnapi_public
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu May 07, 2015 7:04 pm

steveschneider wrote:Just start paying the players and end this type of crap. Get it all out in the open.

If they want to get paid, let them go the NBA and bypass college. Otherwise, a college education, the value of the coaching they receive while in college, and the value of the future earning potential from the completion of college coursework adds up to a handsome reward. And do not give me this "they earn money for other people" line because A) we all do that (surplus value is a fact of capitalism), and B) at most schools these kids cost money (as in they do not generate revenue for anybody).
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu May 07, 2015 7:06 pm

LooseGoose wrote:The only part of this that truly saddens me:

Michigan State
Home: Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska
Away: Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue
Home/Away: Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, Wisconsin

Goodman from ESPN is claiming sources have told him Swanigan wanted to play the 4 not the 5 to "showcase his talents". I really don't understand that one since Costello/Schilling are 5's at MSU. Perhaps he didn't want to split or compete for minutes with Deyonta Davis?

Translation: He does not want to compete. He wants to walk right into starting spot from day #1. I cannot fault him for doing what he thinks is best for himself, but the only think he will learn from Painter is how to lose without class.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu May 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:The only part of this that truly saddens me:

Translation: He does not want to compete. He wants to walk right into starting spot from day #1. I cannot fault him for doing what he thinks is best for himself, but the only think he will learn from Painter is how to lose without class.

I can't blame him for that but he could have figured that out a month ago
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu May 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Agreed.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu May 07, 2015 7:09 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Just start paying the players and end this type of crap. Get it all out in the open.

If they want to get paid, let them go the NBA and bypass college. Otherwise, a college education, the value of the coaching they receive while in college, and the value of the future earning potential from the completion of college coursework adds up to a handsome reward. And do not give me this "they earn money for other people" line because A) we all do that (surplus value is a fact of capitalism), and B) at most schools these kids cost money (as in they do not generate revenue for anybody).

They do want to get paid and they are at college. The times have changed. . Instead of having it all under the table just get it out in the open.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu May 07, 2015 7:12 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

They do want to get paid and they are at college. The times have changed. . Instead of having it all under the table just get it out in the open.

Which is why the one year rule is terrible. Let them go to the NBA and collect a check. If they want to go to college, they can be rewarded through the traditional scholarship process. It's not hard.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu May 07, 2015 7:14 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Insert that "Please Make it Stop" picture

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu May 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Yeah, the incredible value of coaching they receive while in college...get hit and called a faggot by a college coach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TXZraPv120

Or you can get choked by the General

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm3YFFjj5y8

That sounds like a better deal than money.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu May 07, 2015 7:18 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Yeah, the incredible value of coaching they receive while in college...get hit and called a faggot by a college coach.

This is not Europe. We do not have club teams. The route to the pros is through college. Our college coaches are among the best in the world. Nice two links. You really make an outstanding point. Don't bother replying because I do not feel like going down the rabbit hole. You will either ignore or misrepresent everything I say and just keeping repeating the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I think HE really wants to be at MSU, I still base that on all the unofficials here. I think Barnes wants him elsewhere and is in his ear with the 4/5 crap. Either way I'm not going to get all cranked about it, think Cliffy Alexander. Much ado about nothing.

A somewhat disjointed IndyStar article with some different info.....not much new really though:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/05/07/caleb-swanigan-mr-basketball-opens-recruitment-from-michigan-state/70974374/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Thu May 07, 2015 7:43 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I think HE really wants to be at MSU, I still base that on all the unofficials here. I think Barnes wants him elsewhere and is in his ear with the 4/5 crap. Either way I'm not going to get all cranked about it, think Cliffy Alexander. Much ado about nothing.

A somewhat disjointed IndyStar article with some different info.....not much new really though:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/05/07/caleb-swanigan-mr-basketball-opens-recruitment-from-michigan-state/70974374/

Very weird that Barnes and the coach evidently both found out about it from reporters...
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu May 07, 2015 7:55 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Still more interesting than anything else I have read.
I don't think Caleb wants to be anywhere but MSU and he said as much. This "business decision" - whatever. Kids go to UK and compete against 9 McDs. The NBA isn't going to care. Barnes wants to micromanage this and he has a vested interest. I don’t know if he is really the bad guy though. I mean, he could have stated his case repeatedly for months about this. Unless Caleb is sneaking into the bathroom and committing on Twitter.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff Empty So, are we screwed now?

Post by DWags Thu May 07, 2015 8:05 pm

I understand We lost a player that never played for us. That can't be good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu May 07, 2015 8:23 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

This is not Europe. We do not have club teams. The route to the pros is through college. Our college coaches are among the best in the world. Nice two links. You really make an outstanding point. Don't bother replying because I do not feel like going down the rabbit hole. You will either ignore or misrepresent everything I say and just keeping repeating the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Well the whole deal reeks of $$$ and since we didn't pay him I guess the silver lining is we can hang up the imaginary we didn't cheat banner. I'd be more in favor of a system that is transparent and out in the open and just paid the players. It would be better than the shady dealings that are going on with the street agents.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu May 07, 2015 8:24 pm

It almost seems like this kid's life has been a business decision. His parents live in Utah but shipped him to Indiana in 8th grade to live with this guardian/agent. What is that all about?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu May 07, 2015 8:28 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Well the whole deal reeks of $$$ and since we didn't pay him I guess the silver lining is we can hang up the imaginary we didn't cheat banner. I'd be more in favor of a system that is transparent and out in the open and just paid the players. It would be better than the shady dealings that are going on with the street agents.

I don't think Izzo would have got this far if he was dealing with street agents. Swanigan lived with a real pro agent. The guy had Suh as a client.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu May 07, 2015 8:28 pm

Studies have shown there was no need for a new thread.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu May 07, 2015 9:01 pm

DWags wrote:I understand We lost a player that never played for us. That can't be good.

Not as bad as when Sten Feldreich left after his FR year.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu May 07, 2015 9:06 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Studies have shown there was no need for a new thread.

I'm forced to. I can't stand to muddle through the writings of the simpleminded. This way, I know only astute, well thought out posters join. Besides, are you saying we need less threads here?

I remember when that Kareen Abdul Jabari Parker fucked us. I think he took UConn to the final four. Izzo needed like three big time players to get back there this year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next