Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now taking applications for staff writers

+12
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
Nordic
Cameron
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Bizarro Fletch
Herbie Green
Heat Miser
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
SeeRockCity
16 posters

Go down

Now taking applications for staff writers Empty Now taking applications for staff writers

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-14, 12:52

Please provide a sample of your writing ITT.  You will get a badge like mine and will be expected to post articles from time to time about stuff that happens in MSU Sports.

Last edited by SeeRockCity on 2015-05-13, 21:49; edited 2 times in total
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Now taking applications for staff writers Empty Re: Now taking applications for staff writers

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-14, 12:54

I got an A+ on a paper in high school in AP US History once.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Now taking applications for staff writers Empty Re: Now taking applications for staff writers

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-14, 12:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I got an A+ on a paper in high school in AP US History once.

Honestly, you may be over qualified.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-14, 13:47

Let's see if we can get Drew Magary to do it. He's not busy or anything.

Now taking applications for staff writers Drew_Cropped
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-14, 16:27

Shall we activate the blog functionality?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-14, 16:37

Heat Miser wrote:Shall we activate the blog functionality?

That is a great question. Let's see if this takes off at all.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-14, 18:09

Is this a salaried position? If not, are you paying per click or per word?

If my opinion counts for anything I'd like it to be salaried. IF that's the case I'd love to apply so I could draw the income while spending the majority of my time drinking whiskey.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-04-14, 20:28

Some say the biggest question mark coming into this season is at the cornerback position. But far be it from me to question a coach that just produced 2 NFL 1st round draft picks at that position. I don't need to see his National Championship or Rose Bowl rings. When it comes to the secondary Dantonio has a nasty habit of turning question marks into exclamation points.

-Johnny Crumpaloni
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-14, 20:30

Not salaried, Herbie, good start, but I need full length articles. At least 2 paragraphs.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-04-14, 20:37

SeeRockCity wrote:Not salaried, Herbie, good start, but I need full length articles. At least 2 paragraphs.

I could write at least 5 paragraphs after that about certain players stepping up. But I have to be honest I am kind of a drunk.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2015-04-14, 22:05

We should fire the black assisstent with the glassis.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-14, 22:36

I was in onherz callege at a teknical skool in Minnysoda.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-14, 22:56

The green seaters came alive that day, and willed the Spartans to victory.

It brought tears to the eyes of many costume-wearing Izzone members, and that really made their costumes stink even more.

But, it didn't matter. Victory was ours.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-04-14, 23:52

I can write good an shit.

Here iz sample:

MSU played a game today. Refs were bullshit, fucking douchers. Delaney and whatnot. Blue wall will probably tell you some bullshit about how MSU sucks and scum is the tits, but fuck that. Myth Albom and Drew Sharp can chow my bag.

Anyway, next game is next week sometime, should be an easy win unless refs. Coaches gotta adjust to that shit, or maybe they should be fired. Players too, pull the schollies. Unless they win, then blow jobs.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-15, 00:35

Decent submissions but I need at least two paragraphs, each with at least 300 words each to make it an article.

Cameron, you would probably write too many controversial articles while drunk. No way.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-04-15, 01:14

SeeRockCity wrote:Not salaried, Herbie, good start, but I need full length articles. At least 2 paragraphs.

Crumpaloni could do at least 152 paragraphs
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-04-15, 01:37

SeeRockCity wrote:Decent submissions but I need at least two paragraphs, each with at least 300 words each to make it an article.

Cameron, you would probably write too many controversial articles while drunk. No way.

Fuck you, man, I do my best work when I'm drunk. I'm like fucking Hemingway and shit. If you need a more expansive submission/sample, just let me know. I'm fucking serious, I want this shit. I've got a fire in my belly, I need to write premium content for tSwill. For real.

Now taking applications for staff writers 312518
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-15, 07:10

SeeRockCity wrote:Cameron, you would probably write too many controversial articles while drunk. No way.

Fucking drunkist. I hate your kind, always judging people based on their drinking habits rather than the content of the their character - MLK would be ashamed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-15, 08:48

It was the best of times and it was the worst of times. The campus at MSU was excited with a growing buzz that could be heard throughout the classrooms. Many students were just finishing their exams and looking forward to supporting their athletic teams. Football. Just think about that word for a second, broken down it is a simple thing. A foot and a ball, put them together and like the transformers it becomes something explosive and exciting!
They were ready, they told us they were working hard, they were gym rats, they had an us against the world mentality. It mirrored what their coach taught. Crisp passing, hard hitting, touchdown making, holding on to the rock selfishness. The celebration could be heard for 10 city blocks.
Game over, the good guys won.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-15, 08:59

InTenSity wrote:It was the best of times and it was the worst of times. The campus at MSU was excited with a growing buzz that could be heard throughout the classrooms. Many students were just finishing their exams and looking forward to supporting their athletic teams. Football. Just think about that word for a second, broken down it is a simple thing. A foot and a ball, put them together and like the transformers it becomes something explosive and exciting!
They were ready, they told us they were working hard, they were gym rats, they had an us against the world mentality. It mirrored what their coach taught. Crisp passing, hard hitting, touchdown making, holding on to the rock selfishness. The celebration could be heard for 10 city blocks.

You show promise.

Get me something on spring practice.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-04-15, 09:09

Can my 5 year old sign up? He doesn't know how to use a keyboard but he's getting pretty good at writing 'poop' and drawing butts with crayons.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-15, 09:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Can my 5 year old sign up? He doesn't know how to use a keyboard but he's getting pretty good at writing 'poop' and drawing butts with crayons.
Yes. Yes yes yes. Why isn't this done yet? Yes.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-15, 09:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Can my 5 year old sign up? He doesn't know how to use a keyboard but he's getting pretty good at writing 'poop' and drawing butts with crayons.

:poop:
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-15, 11:28

SeeRockCity wrote:
InTenSity wrote:It was the best of times and it was the worst of times. The campus at MSU was excited with a growing buzz that could be heard throughout the classrooms. Many students were just finishing their exams and looking forward to supporting their athletic teams. Football. Just think about that word for a second, broken down it is a simple thing. A foot and a ball, put them together and like the transformers it becomes something explosive and exciting!

You show promise.

Another dark and stormy day, and we weren't talking about the weather for once. Although it was raining out, and cold, and nothing like the fall. By all accounts it was a bad day, one in which you don't want to go outside and smell the roses. There he stood though, taking it all in, watching boys become men, running until they threw up, blood all over the back boards. This was the time of the year when running a program really counted. You can't expect greatness without chewing through a few oranges on the way.
Everyone held their breath before jumping into the ice bath. It was cold, but it was comforting, soft music came from the speakers to help everyone relax after a day of humility and beatings. This is when a team will come together to get ready to showcase just how far they think they've come. Spring practice, when the birds and the bees show up. One day, in the not so distant future everyone will be able to see men in uniforms run on a field.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-15, 12:07

InTenSity wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

You show promise.  

Another dark and stormy day, and we weren't talking about the weather for once. Although it was raining out, and cold, and nothing like the fall. By all accounts it was a bad day, one in which you don't want to go outside and smell the roses. There he stood though, taking it all in, watching boys become men, running until they threw up, blood all over the back boards. This was the time of the year when running a program really counted. You can't expect greatness without chewing through a few oranges on the way.
Everyone held their breath before jumping into the ice bath. It was cold, but it was comforting, soft music came from the speakers to help everyone relax after a day of humility and beatings. This is when a team will come together to get ready to showcase just how far they think they've come. Spring practice, when the birds and the bees show up. One day, in the not so distant future everyone will be able to see men in uniforms run on a field.

Needs more meat.  Maybe some quotes.  Deep insight on some players, etc.  Good work though, you're getting there.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-05-07, 08:36

SeeRockCity wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Needs more meat.  Maybe some quotes.  Deep insight on some players, etc.  Good work though, you're getting there.

The night was humid......
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-05-07, 08:45

I assume that any content generated will be for VIPs only.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-05-07, 12:20

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

The night was humid......

Is that a throw momma from the train reference? Impressed.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-07, 13:55

I love SRC's feedback.. Now taking applications for staff writers 502811600 - it's like he's saying, "good job. If you drink your milk, maybe next year you can be the tallest guy at the midget convention"...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-05-09, 11:36

InTenSity wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

You show promise.

I like this guy.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down