Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Playoffs thread

+17
StylesGShmooth
I.B. Fine
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
steveschneider
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
Ass Dan
Cameron
Rocinante
Death Roe
InTenSity
kingstonlake
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

NBA Playoffs thread - Page 4 Empty Re: NBA Playoffs thread

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-27, 22:33

Do coaches in the NBA draw up plays during time outs or do they just give pep talks?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-05-27, 22:34

steveschneider wrote:Do coaches in the NBA draw up plays during time outs or do they just give pep talks?
I assume they are like fluffers
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-05-27, 22:42

Snake Plissken wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I want draymond to get that ring, but I hope the Rockets make this a series.
Fuck that. Harden is a flopper

Bump
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-27, 22:47

I have a dumb question...I only watch NBA during the playoffs and last time I saw harden was okc vs Miami and everyone liked him back then. He looks like a docuhe but why does everyone hate him now?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-27, 22:54

Day Day shot and foul!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-05-27, 22:56

Day day has been brutal in this one. Excellent steal there though
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-27, 22:59

Dancing bear with the steal!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-05-28, 00:14

Harden set a,record for turnovers. 13 I think
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-28, 07:09

steveschneider wrote:I have a dumb question...I only watch NBA during the playoffs and last time I saw harden was okc vs Miami and everyone liked him back then. He looks like a docuhe but why does everyone hate him now?

Who hates him?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-05-28, 07:19

steveschneider wrote:I have a dumb question...I only watch NBA during the playoffs and last time I saw harden was okc vs Miami and everyone liked him back then. He looks like a docuhe but why does everyone hate him now?

I think it's more everyone loves Steph/Golden State and wanted them to win
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-05-28, 08:17

I only watch the playoffs as well, but he seems to draw a lot of bs fouls.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-28, 08:36

I like the beard so I have no idea what yall are talking about
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-28, 08:37

Turtleneck wrote:Warriors vs. Cavs.  This year's NBA is a lot better than it has been in recent years.
Good call. The east was a given, especially with all the injuries that Atlanta faced, but the west was a gauntlet. Warriors got a break with the Clippers getting eliminated, as I think that series would have gone to 6 or 7 games.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-05-28, 08:54

InTenSity wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Warriors vs. Cavs.  This year's NBA is a lot better than it has been in recent years.
Good call. The east was a given, especially with all the injuries that Atlanta faced, but the west was a gauntlet. Warriors got a break with the Clippers getting eliminated, as I think that series would have gone to 6 or 7 games.

IMO the East would have went to the Bulls if Gasol didn't get hurt or Lebron misses that game winner in Game 4 (Bulls were up 2-1 at the time) but this is the best Finals match-up so I can't complain.

I hoping for GS and Day-Day but man Lebron may want this too much to be stopped.  Cavs in 6.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-28, 09:01

CheesySpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

IMO the East would have went to the Bulls if Gasol didn't get hurt or Lebron misses that game winner in Game 4 (Bulls were up 2-1 at the time) but this is the best Finals match-up so I can't complain.

I hoping for GS and Day-Day but man Lebron may want this too much to be stopped.  Cavs in 6.
Won't GS be the first healthy team that the Cavs have had to play since the regular season? GS has 10 players, 8 of which probably start on other teams.
Curry, Thompson, Bogut, Green, Barnes, Ezeli, Livingston, Barbosa, Igoudala, and Lee all played in the last 2 games. I'm not sure what the deal is with Lee, but wasn't he an All Star last year?
GS has one of the best defenses this year, along with the best offense. The Cavs seem like a team that is held together by a band-aid. Albeit a very strong band-aid.
Why the hell is there close to a 2 week break before the finals? I'll have forgotten they are still playing Bball.

edit - I see Game 1 is actually on the 4th, I thought it was on the 9th for some reason.

Last edited by InTenSity on 2015-05-28, 09:33; edited 1 time in total
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-28, 09:10

The cavs aren't that good. Lebron is their whole team. I agree with the band aid comment above. Warriors in 6.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-05-29, 22:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The cavs aren't that good. Lebron is their whole team. I agree with the band aid comment above. Warriors in 6.
Historically, this has been an accurate statement, but, surprisingly, Lebron has had a lot of help the last couple weeks, Smith and Shumpert have come up very big at times and Thompson has been a total beast on the boards, while the addition of Mozgoff has been huge. Hell, even Delavedova has come up huge at times.
I think the series with GS will hinge on the play of Irving, though. If he is relatively healthy the Cavs will be a very tough out. If he's still dinged up and plays like he did against Chicago, I'm not sure even Lebron can will them to victory.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-29, 23:05

Warriors in 5. 

I think the Warriors will put Day Day/Barnes on Lebron, let him do whatever damage he can inflict against good individual defenders, and not let anyone else beat them with Irving banged up. I don't think Cleveland has the defensive ability to stop the Splash Bros + Iggy + Day Day and Bogus/Festus in the post. GSW has too many weapons, can shoot it from the parking lot, and are too good defensively.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-05-29, 23:45

Cavs in seven.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-05-30, 15:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Warriors in 5. 

I think the Warriors will put Day Day/Barnes on Lebron, let him do whatever damage he can inflict against good individual defenders, and not let anyone else beat them with Irving banged up. I don't think Cleveland has the defensive ability to stop the Splash Bros + Iggy + Day Day and Bogus/Festus in the post. GSW has too many weapons, can shoot it from the parking lot, and are too good defensively.

At first I thought DayDay would get Lebron duty but I don't think so now, at least not with the starting units. Don't think they want to have Barnes guarding Tristan Thompson.

If Irving is close to 100% I have the Warrios in 6, if he's still limited I have the Warriors in 5. I think Lebron has one super game in him where he wins it by himself.

Of course I'm still waiting to see what Lil B does. If he puts the Curse on Lebrron, it's a sweep. Fear the Based God.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-30, 18:26

Odd coincidence.....

Steph Curry & LeBron James Were Coincidentally Born at the Same Hospital in Ohio
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-01, 01:21

StylesGShmooth wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Warriors in 5. 

At first I thought DayDay would get Lebron duty but I don't think so now, at least not with the starting units. Don't think they want to have Barnes guarding Tristan Thompson.

If Irving is close to 100% I have the Warrios in 6, if he's still limited I have the Warriors in 5. I think Lebron has one super game in him where he wins it by himself.

Of course I'm still waiting to see what Lil B does. If he puts the Curse on Lebrron, it's a sweep. Fear the Based God.

No curse from Lil B this time, Shumpert gave him credit on twitter. We are all good. NBA Playoffs thread - Page 4 502811600

Can the finals start yet? No basketball is boring. Sleep
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4