Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is it safe to say coach k is the lance Armstrong of college basketball?

+7
Herbie Green
Motown Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
LoneWolfSparty
Blanch32
11 posters

Go down

is it safe to say coach k is the lance Armstrong of college basketball? Empty is it safe to say coach k is the lance Armstrong of college basketball?

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-21, 11:26

...circa 4 or 5 years ago?

Methinks so and is ruining the game entirely for his own personal gain. So pathetic. Glad he's not our coach.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

is it safe to say coach k is the lance Armstrong of college basketball? Empty Re: is it safe to say coach k is the lance Armstrong of college basketball?

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-21, 11:29

Not sure I would accuse Coach K of blood doping. But that's just me.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

is it safe to say coach k is the lance Armstrong of college basketball? Empty Re: is it safe to say coach k is the lance Armstrong of college basketball?

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-21, 11:42

Not sure I follow your analogy, but I'm definitely not a fan.

I do find Coach K to be very disingenuous. He was on the CBS morning show defending his student athletes and his school when asked a tough question about one and dones. He didn't even answer the question, he just went on about how good of a school Duke is. He's right that Duke is a great school, but he's ignoring the fact that the admissions and academic requirements are lowered for the athletes at the school. They were ready to take on a tool like Mitch McGarry. And how can someone get a good education for half a semester even if it is at a great school like Duke?

I think people get more bent out of shape about Cal, but give Coach K a pass all the time. I think it's just like what Laettner talked about in his documentary where the perception isn't always the reality. Coach K has the perception as being a super clean coach with players that get a great education, but that isn't the reality.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-21, 11:45

he sucks, runs a dirty program and I'm glad he's not our coach.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-21, 12:49

Question for Blanch, how is Coach K and Lance Armstrong alike?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-21, 12:54

Does coach k only have one ball also?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-21, 12:55

steveschneider wrote:Question for Blanch, how is Coach K and Lance Armstrong alike?

Cheat but not in an obvious way and don't get caught. Difference is coach k is backed by a government instead of targeted and he knows it
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-04-21, 12:57

da fuq?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-04-21, 13:09

Blanch32 wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Question for Blanch, how is Coach K and Lance Armstrong alike?

Cheat but not in an obvious way and don't get caught. Difference is coach k is backed by a government instead of targeted and he knows it

Good take. Both guys are propped up as heroes by USA fanboy flag wavers that want to latch onto what appears to be a noble cause.
But they are both complete frauds and cheaters.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-21, 13:13

Herbie Green wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Good take. Both guys are propped up as heroes by USA fanboy flag wavers that want to latch onto what appears to be a noble cause.
But they are both complete frauds and cheaters.

Let's just say if China got pissed at USA basketball dominance, and we could use that as a political bargaining chip, coach K is DONE. Just like Lance....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-04-21, 16:19

Can someone please tell me how coach K has cheated?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-04-21, 16:35

"Methinks"
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-21, 16:47

Motown Spartan wrote:Can someone please tell me how coach K has cheated?

Did you not watch the 2nd half of the NCAA championship game and think to yourself....hmmmm?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-04-21, 16:53

Is it really cheating or just NCAA enablement.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-21, 17:24

Tell me how he hasn't? Tell me how duke is such a clean program.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-21, 17:59

Got your links on standby, Steve?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-04-21, 18:14

steveschneider wrote:

It's usually up to the accuser to provide the evidence. But, I just watched Duke win a NC live on national TV and I didn't see any evidence of cheating.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-21, 19:05

Turtleneck wrote:Got your links on standby, Steve?

I'm on mobile, will post them later.

The perception of duke blows me away.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-04-21, 19:21

I get that Coach K has used his success to lead to things like American Express commercials and the USA basketball head coaching gig, and parlayed those things into a recruiting advantage, but that's not exactly cheating. It ain't exactly ethical, necessarily either.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-21, 19:29

Motown Spartan wrote:I get that Coach K has used his success to lead to things like American Express commercials and the USA basketball head coaching gig, and parlayed those things into a recruiting advantage, but that's not exactly cheating. It ain't exactly ethical, necessarily either.

I have no problem with that stuff. Ill post my links when I'm at my computer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-21, 19:56

kingstonlake wrote:Is it really cheating or just NCAA enablement.

Well I for one don't think acc officials should ref acc teams in the NCAA tourney. Football goes out of its way to prevent this. Let's just start with that
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-21, 19:58

Motown Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It's usually up to the accuser to provide the evidence. But, I just watched Duke win a NC live on national TV and I didn't see any evidence of cheating.

No. Thanks. I'll just wait for UNC to go down and watch them take coach k with them. This will be fun.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-21, 20:00

Motown Spartan wrote:I get that Coach K has used his success to lead to things like American Express commercials and the USA basketball head coaching gig, and parlayed those things into a recruiting advantage, but that's not exactly cheating. It ain't exactly ethical, necessarily either.

None of that is a problem..... Until he has leverage over the officials unlike anything we've ever seen. Just watch who will be working USA bball games and practices and tell me it's fair.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-21, 20:09

this link outlines some dodgy academic issues and some pay for play crap..

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2001/03/the_blue_devils_arent_angels.html

Coach K reaching out to a recruit during a dead period in recruiting NCAA violation that he got away with...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/coach-k-duke-seek-ncaa-guidance-for-possible-recruiting-violation/2011/08/01/gIQAh0FQnI_blog.html

Figures on the watered down admission standards (remember duke offered Mitch McGarry)

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2008/11/05/stanford-vs-duke-basketball-the-difference-in-admissions-standards/?doing_wp_cron=1428639166.5491089820861816406250

About Rasheed Sulaimon, guy had 2 allegations of sexual assualt and was kept on the team for a long time...basically a Gibbons situation. Did coach K turn a blind eye? He won't answer any questions on it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mike-krzyzewski-declines-comment-about-rasheed-sulaimon-situation-172046981.html

Long time Duke fan and grad student/TA at the university confirming what a bunch of morons most of their bball players are:

As a Ph.D. student, I did the usual TA stints in giant lecture classes. I graded athletes’ essays, and I knew the unfortunate work I was reading signaled admissions standards bent for the sake of ACC and NCAA championships

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2012/11/coach_k_duke_basketball_i_ve_been_a_longtime_fan_but_it_s_time_to_break.html

Duke player took getting caught with 100k worth of jewelry..

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/20290116/will-coach-k-duke-skate-again-yes-unless-the-heat-stays-on-blue-devils
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-22, 09:53

you either suck or you're better than us and, therefore, cheat.. so....GO GREEN!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-04-22, 16:04

Where's the silver bullet, the Lance Armstrong blood doping?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-22, 16:24

Motown Spartan wrote:Where's the silver bullet, the Lance Armstrong blood doping?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=dw-ncaafavorites

Another good read. Does the NCAA play favorites? Yes they do.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-22, 21:35

Motown Spartan wrote:Where's the silver bullet, the Lance Armstrong blood doping?

Need an entirely country to get after coach K, and even then it will take 1/2 a decade.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-22, 22:10

Is it safe to say that Quinton Tarantino is the Rush Limbaugh of baccarat?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down