Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iran seizes Marshall islands vessel and crew of 34

+5
Heat Miser
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Iran seizes Marshall islands  vessel and crew of 34 - Page 2 Empty Re: Iran seizes Marshall islands vessel and crew of 34

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 13:52

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:maybe while small government republicans are advocating that the government kill its own citizens during a riot, they could also kill the morons...

When you say things like this Bob, you force threads to be moved to the Swill Bin.
that's all it takes?  Iran seizes Marshall islands  vessel and crew of 34 - Page 2 1486952199
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Iran seizes Marshall islands  vessel and crew of 34 - Page 2 Empty Re: Iran seizes Marshall islands vessel and crew of 34

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 13:54

Heat Miser wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

More than anything I want peace.

And yet you say this:

LooseGoose wrote:Doesn't change the fact that we must attack if our word means anything.

Bullies and criminals thrive in a world without consequences.
Assuring swift and certain punishment is the best way to eliminate that behavior.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 13:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:maybe while small government republicans are advocating that the government kill its own citizens during a riot, they could also kill the morons...

When you say things like this Bob, you force threads to be moved to the Swill Bin.
that's all it takes?  Iran seizes Marshall islands  vessel and crew of 34 - Page 2 1486952199

Yes. Try & leave out the politics. I believe it's possible to discuss these things rationally without getting political.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 13:55

I.B. Fine wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

More than anything  I want peace.

And yet you say this:

LooseGoose wrote:Doesn't change the fact that we must attack if our word means anything.

Assuring swift and certain punishment is the best way to eliminate that behavior.

The old peace thru war doctrine? Seems we've done that for decades & the behavior hasn't been eliminated. scratch Should we use that philosophy with children too?

Last edited by Heat Miser on Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 13:56; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 13:56

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Yes. Try & leave out the politics. I believe it's possible to discuss these things rationally without getting political.
can I still pray in public?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 13:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

can I still pray in public?

I'd prefer you didn't. People will think you're a Republican.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 13:58

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:can I still pray in public?

I'd prefer you didn't. People will think you're a Republican.
Iran seizes Marshall islands  vessel and crew of 34 - Page 2 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 14:02

Heat Miser wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

The old peace thru war doctrine? Seems we've done that for decades & the behavior hasn't been eliminated. scratch Should we use that philosophy with children too?

Absolutely with children, and I prefer to call it 'creating respect'.
I also beg to disagree with how successfully it has been implemented over the years. We have had a distinct falloff in its use over the last 6-7 years much like during the later half of the 70's and mid-late 90's
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 14:04

I.B. Fine wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I also beg to disagree with how successfully it has been implemented over the years. We have had a distinct falloff in its use over the last 6-7 years much like during the later half of the 70's and mid-late 90's
this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 14:04

I.B. Fine wrote:Absolutely with children, and I prefer to call it 'creating respect'.

Iran seizes Marshall islands  vessel and crew of 34 - Page 2 1966794946
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 14:08

I.B. Fine wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

To what degree shall we beat the children? Just short of leaving a mark? Surely we don't want to incur medical expenses? And what level offense shall be grounds for a good beating? Forgetting to take out the garbage?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 14:46

Heat Miser wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

To what degree shall we beat the children? Just short of leaving a mark? Surely we don't want to incur medical expenses? And what level offense shall be grounds for a good beating? Forgetting to take out the garbage?

If you don't want them to forget the garbage again, then yeah, whoop their ass. How else you going to get shit done around here?!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 15:12

Heat Miser wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

More than anything I want peace.

And yet you say this:

Wanting peace doesn't mean I wouldn't honor a treaty, that's dishonorable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 15:23

LooseGoose wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

And yet you say this:

Wanting peace doesn't mean I wouldn't honor a treaty, that's dishonorable.

Iran seizes Marshall islands  vessel and crew of 34 - Page 2 Latest?cb=20081213042941&path-prefix=en

Are you a Klingon?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 16:04

Heat Miser wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Where did I say anything about beating children? Is that the only form of punishment you know?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 16:07

I.B. Fine wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Where did I say anything about beating children? Is that the only form of punishment you know?

"Peace thru war" applied to children to me implies beating or some other form of corporal punishment. But if it means a stern talking to, groundings, & taking away iPods to you, then you have my apologies.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 28 Apr 2015 - 16:43

Heat Miser wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

"Peace thru war" applied to children to me implies beating or some other form of corporal punishment. But if it means a stern talking to, groundings, & taking away iPods to you, then you have my apologies.

The trick is to leave all options on the table, let them use their own imagination as to what the punishment might be, scarier and a better deterrent than spelling it out for them.
Works in foreign policy, too, just not the way this administration handles it.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2