Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 NFL Draft

+23
SeeRockCity
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
duffy munn
Turtleneck
Herbie Green
I.B. Fine
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
NigelUno
DoogieHouser
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Ass Dan
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
SpartanInNH
kingstonlake
CORNER BLITZ
27 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

2016 NFL Draft Empty 2016 NFL Draft

Post by Guest Mon 4 May 2015 - 19:43

Ridiculously early projection has 3 MSU players in Round 1.

5. Washington Redskins - Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State: Yes, Washington picked up Robert Griffin III's fifth-year option but unless there is significant improvement from the former No. 2 pick in Jay Gruden's scheme, the club may be forced to consider a replacement, especially if Cook, the top-rated quarterback in the draft, was on the board.

2016 NFL Mock Draft: RB revolution could continue with Henry, Elliott
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

2016 NFL Draft Empty Re: 2016 NFL Draft

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon 4 May 2015 - 20:03

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

9. New York Jets: Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State

Connor Cook is probably the worst-case scenario for the Jets, who will need a quarterback because neither Ryan Fitzpatrick nor Geno Smith will be successful in 2015. The issue is that by signing Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie, New York has effectively taken itself out of contention for Cardale Jones and perhaps even Christian Hackenberg.

18. Cincinnati Bengals: Shilique Calhoun, DE/OLB, Michigan State

The Bengals signed Michael Johnson after the Buccaneers released him this offseason. However, there's no guarantee he'll play well for Cincinnati, given that he stopped trying when he was in Tampa last year. If Johnson continues to take his career for granted, the Bengals will have to find another pass-rusher next spring.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 4 May 2015 - 20:29

1.) Alex Malzone
2.) Shane Morris
3.) That guy from Iowa
4.) The 4th guy on scUM depth chart

Jim Harbaugh worked miracles with 1-4 in the draft. His masterful rotation and Jesus like transformation with these four was evident with their stunning upsets of Minn,Illinois, and Indiana. All four are said to be able to cure cancer after drinking from the same water bottle as Harbaugh.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Mon 4 May 2015 - 21:40

LooseGoose wrote:Ridiculously early projection has 3 MSU players in Round 1.

5. Washington Redskins - Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State: Yes, Washington picked up Robert Griffin III's fifth-year option but unless there is significant improvement from the former No. 2 pick in Jay Gruden's scheme, the club may be forced to consider a replacement, especially if Cook, the top-rated quarterback in the draft, was on the board.

2016 NFL Mock Draft: RB revolution could continue with Henry, Elliott

2016 NFL Draft 1966794946 Griffin goes from being drafted ahead of one Spartan QB to being replaced by another.

And let me go out on a limb and say at least one of these guys doesn't get drafted in the first round. Maybe 2. (Freudian slip -- I originally typed "third," not "first.")

Love the Koolaid, but there's always injuries and whatnot, not to mention surprise stars.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Mon 4 May 2015 - 21:43

CORNER BLITZ wrote:http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

9. New York Jets: Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State

Connor Cook is probably the worst-case scenario for the Jets, who will need a quarterback because neither Ryan Fitzpatrick nor Geno Smith will be successful in 2015. The issue is that by signing Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie, New York has effectively taken itself out of contention for Cardale Jones and perhaps even Christian Hackenberg.

18. Cincinnati Bengals: Shilique Calhoun, DE/OLB, Michigan State

The Bengals signed Michael Johnson after the Buccaneers released him this offseason. However, there's no guarantee he'll play well for Cincinnati, given that he stopped trying when he was in Tampa last year. If Johnson continues to take his career for granted, the Bengals will have to find another pass-rusher next spring.

I'm not sure I trust any outfit that has Christian Hackenberg selected three spots ahead of Cook -- and both in the top 10. 2016 NFL Draft 2130724145
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 May 2015 - 7:54

SI's early mock with 3 Spartans in round 1.

2016 NFL Mock Draft 1.0: Shawn Oakman goes No. 1 to Titans
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Nov 2015 - 11:34

Michigan State Spartans Football: Who are Michigan State's top NFL Draft prospects?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 9:39

Michigan State Spartans Football: Who are Michigan State's top NFL Draft prospects?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 11:08

LooseGoose wrote:SI's early mock with 3 Spartans in round 1.

Same guy now has two (Conklin, Calhoun) in the 1st round, a lot lower than they had been, and Cook as an afterthought "somebody might trade back into the 1st round to snag him" at the end.

2016 NFL Mock Draft: Who Goes Where?
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 11:26

SpartanInNH wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:SI's early mock with 3 Spartans in round 1.

Same guy now has two (Conklin, Calhoun) in the 1st round, a lot lower than they had been, and Cook as an afterthought "somebody might trade back into the 1st round to snag him" at the end.

2016 NFL Mock Draft: Who Goes Where?

Yeah and none of them really know jack until the combine and workouts. You and I could come as close as they do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 10 Jan 2016 - 11:46

LooseGoose wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

2016 NFL Mock Draft:  Who Goes Where?

Yeah and none of them really know jack until the combine and workouts.   You and I could come as close as they do.

My eyes rolled when I saw he had Oakman #1 overall in November.  Child, please.  I forget if he even had him as a first-rounder in January.

Edit: Yep, nope. Oakman went from his #1 overall to not drafted in the first round. Rolling Eyes
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Feb 2016 - 9:57

New SI mock with Conklin, Calhoun & Cook all going in Rd1/Rd2.

Cook to Denver which would be interesting.

2016 NFL Mock Draft: Projecting first two rounds
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Feb 2016 - 9:59

GO GREEN!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri 12 Feb 2016 - 10:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:GO GREEN!!

Please stop posting.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Feb 2016 - 10:15

Death Roe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:GO GREEN!!

Please stop posting.
If you're getting tired of someone, here's how you can ignore them (a brief tutorial)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Fri 12 Feb 2016 - 19:57

LooseGoose wrote:New SI mock with Conklin, Calhoun & Cook all going in Rd1/Rd2.

Cook to Denver which would be interesting.

2016 NFL Mock Draft: Projecting first two rounds

Elway fucked up -- took the Stork, Osweiler, his son's college roommate, over the obvious candidate, Cousins. His loss. It would be kinda funny to see it come full circle with Denver taking Cook, though.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 8:28

Meet the Michigan State walk-on who will soon be a 1st-round NFL Draft pick
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016 - 8:45

Top 10 red-flag players heading into NFL scouting combine

Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State: He's got the prototypical size and tools of an NFL quarterback, and his arm is (thus far) considered good enough to get it done on the next level. Some of his testing in other areas of athleticism could come into play. Cook also doesn't have any glaring character red flags. That said, he has drawn the "what do you hear about him?" question when it comes to NFL scouts. Almost all of this stems from him not being voted a team captain by teammates as a junior or senior, despite already being a successful quarterback. The junior year omission has some reasoning, as he wasn't in a pool of players eligible for the honor. His senior year omission was more eyebrow-raising. NFL teams aren't picking on Cook or treating him differently. It's an ironclad trigger when successful college quarterbacks don't attain captain status as upperclassmen. Teams want to know why. It's a league where teams want their quarterbacks to be clear-cut leaders, so captaincy is a big deal. Some NFL personnel departments were hoping to ask Cook about it during Senior Bowl week, but he declined an invite to the game. So those questions have gotten pushed to the combine.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016 - 8:45

MSU's Conklin: Don't believe hype that Cook's not a leader
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser Fri 19 Feb 2016 - 14:10

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Jack Conklin 26-28th pick.  Calhoun and Cook not in the first round.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/290600

This one has Conklin going 18th to the Indy Colts.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Feb 2016 - 9:48

Connor Cook is ready to put doubts to rest at NFL Combine
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser Sat 20 Feb 2016 - 16:42

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/10/2016-nfl-mock-draft-laremy-tunsil-paxton-lynch-jalen-ramsey?xid=social_simplereach_desktop&sr_source=lift_facebook

Jack, Shilique, Connor Cook in the first two rounds per Sports Illustrated.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser Wed 24 Feb 2016 - 10:50

Conklin 13th to the Philadelphia Eagles? Mel Kiper thinks so:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2617684-mel-kiper-nfl-mock-draft-2016-notable-picks-from-espn-gurus-2nd-mock
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 8:56

NFL teams will be 'shocked' by Connor Cook, says MSU QB coach Brad Salem
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 7:42

NFL coaches: Michigan State players are NFL-ready
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 8:03

LooseGoose wrote:NFL coaches: Michigan State players are NFL-ready

So this is the source of the headline?

“A lot of coaches I met with told us that Coach D and the staff get guys league-ready,” Burbridge said. “I was answering questions they didn’t expect me to know the answers.”

Heresay!

I swear that I've seen this article six times in the last six weeks. Not that I ever tire of hearing good things about the program. But you'd think that the author would dig a little deeper as an investigative reporter and find some sources for attribution.

Wait, I think I just spotted my mistake.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 9:13

Connor Cook doesn't deserve NFL Draft cold shoulder: One team is going to be very happy after taking the Michigan State quarterback, who has been unfairly tarred during the draft process.

NDIANAPOLIS — The more reasons NFL teams find to fade Connor Cook in the 2016 draft, the greater the chances that one team will come out looking smarter than all the rest when it takes him.

It's hard to remember a quarterback prospect as refined and accomplished as Cook getting this kind of raw deal going into the Combine.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 9:50

Conklin ran 4.98, Allen ran a 5.32 40

SUCK IT, GOOSE
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser Tue 1 Mar 2016 - 9:09

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2016/03/01/mock-draft-combine-carson-wentz-jared-goff/81131596/

Conklin and Cook first round. cheers
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 3 Mar 2016 - 9:43

Nuggets on Cook and Calhoun in here.

19 important takeaways from the NFL Combine
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Thu 3 Mar 2016 - 16:56

LooseGoose wrote:Nuggets on Cook and Calhoun in here.

19 important takeaways from the NFL Combine

Ooooohhh, Vlad will be thrilled:

Bruce Feldman wrote:7. Michigan State's Connor Cook was another hot topic around Indy, especially due to rumblings about his leadership. The NFL personnel guy I spoke to on Wednesday morning said he thought Cook was solid.

"He ran well, but I don't think he had a great day throwing," he said. "He skipped some balls off the turf, and I know he was throwing to new receivers, but his timing wasn't as good with these receivers as some of the other QBs. I do like him, though. He has a quick release, and I think he has a short memory. You'll see him march 'em down the field after he's thrown a bad pick. I think he has a 'Don't give a [expletive]' mindset. When we've talked to him, he wasn't a [expletive]. He was loose and relaxed. I think he's a second-round pick."

I hope this guy comes to the Lions, but he will probably go before their 2nd round pick, and I'm not sure he's worth their 1st rounder:

8. Small school D-lineman to keep an eye on: Grand Valley State's Matt Judon. He's 6-3, 275 and was dominant at the D-II level — as he would need to be to catch scouts' eyes — piling up 20 sacks, 23.5 tackles for loss, and three forced fumbles in 2015. In Indy, Judon didn't disappoint, running 4.73, vertical jumping 35 inches and benching 225 pounds 30 times. Judon, a Michigan native, actually was in the same recruiting class in that state as former Michigan State DL William Gholston, who has already been in the NFL three seasons. Lots of NFL folks in Indy I spoke with are very intrigued by Judon. "He's stiff, but he's strong and he does have some tools to work with."

You go, Shilique:

13. Former Michigan State star defensive end Shilique Calhoun quietly had a very strong week in Indy, I'm told. As expected, he wasn't going to wow people with his size. He measured 6-4, 251, but people really liked what they saw from him.

"He can be a 3-4 outside linebacker or a 7-technique in a 4-3," said an NFC scout. "He's not a 3-4 WILL, but he definitely showed some athleticism (35-inch vertical and was among the top D-linemen in the agility drills). He was a very nice surprise. He showed that he is athletic enough to drop (into coverage)."

And this isn't about a Spartan, but I'm glad to hear that people were about as impressed with Bosa as I was:

5. I've seen some mock drafts that have had former Ohio State star Joey Bosa being taken with the No. 1 overall pick. Last month, his coach at Ohio State, Urban Meyer, came on The Audible and essentially said the D-lineman is the best college player he's ever coached. Bosa is very athletic and very technically skilled, so I'd expect him to be a very good NFL player. Some in the media drew comparisons to another former Big Ten D-lineman, the great J.J. Watt, since their testing numbers in Indy were similar — although Watt was 20 pounds heavier than the 269-pound Bosa.

One scout who was around him last week joked that Bosa reminded him of Spicoli from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". "He's a meathead, but he's a football meathead," he said, adding that he wasn't sure if he sees first-pick-of-the-draft talent. "I do like him. He's very good. He doesn't have a lot of juice coming off the edge. Everything is power, hands. He's really good against the run.

Asked whether there are any character concerns with Bosa given that he was suspended for the first game of the season, the scout said there are but that he's heard those issues stemmed from Bosa hanging around with some of the wrong people and that he's since separated himself from them. And the scout added, "I really do believe he loves football more than anything else."
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 8 Mar 2016 - 12:37

Michigan State's Jack Conklin getting second look at left tackle, per ESPN analyst
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 13 Mar 2016 - 7:58

I bet Connor Cook's draft stock takes a hit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/13/draft-prospect-dak-prescott-arrested-for-dui/
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Mar 2016 - 8:56

Floyd Robertson wrote:I bet Connor Cook's draft stock takes a hit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/13/draft-prospect-dak-prescott-arrested-for-dui/

Absolutely, he didn't lead Prescott properly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 13 Mar 2016 - 9:13

LooseGoose wrote:

Absolutely, he didn't lead Prescott properly.

Dammit, Connor, where are your damned leadership skills???? 2016 NFL Draft 901027492
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 13 Mar 2016 - 9:29

If it wasn't for Cook Fluttering some early balls at the combine, Prescott wouldn't have been drinking. This will hurt Cook big time.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser Mon 21 Mar 2016 - 8:55

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2016/03/21/mock-draft-laremy-tunsil-carson-wentz-jalen-ramsey/82058868/

Jack Conklin moving up the board. Could be blocking for one Jeremy Langford in Chicago. Going to make a lot of scratch. Good for him!
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon 21 Mar 2016 - 10:10

Hey Doogie, did you see the thread Travis made for you?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 21 Mar 2016 - 10:21

Death Roe wrote:Hey Doogie, did you see the thread Travis made for you?

:)

Let's go talk about trains doogie!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon 21 Mar 2016 - 10:32

Nice MLive article about Cook.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/03/qb_guru_says_jet_fighter_pilot.html
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next