Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spartan Swill Writing Staff - With April Behind Us, The Basketball Team is Still Working Hard

+7
Cym Jim
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
LoneWolfSparty
Watch Out Pylon!
SeeRockCity
Robert J Sakimano
11 posters

Go down

V.I.P Spartan Swill Writing Staff - With April Behind Us, The Basketball Team is Still Working Hard

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 7 May 2015 - 11:12

as the early-April Final Four appearance slowly emerges as news from "last month", let it be known that the Spartan basketball team is determined to return again in 2016. When asked for comment by this Staff Writer, head coach Tom Izzo was unavailable.

Though I haven't actually witnessed anyone practicing or even spoken to anyone that might actually be practicing, my intuition as a longtime Spartan fan, a graduate of the finest university known to man and a permanent resident of the great city of East Lansing tells me that they are, indeed, practicing. Yes, they're shooting shots that arc across the sky like the wings of an angel, they're bouncing balls in and around gymnasiums and they're consistently performing chest passes at that little bouncy net thing we all remember from childhood.. returning the ball promptly to their Spartan fingers.

The off-season is a great time for bonding for the Spartan players. There are cookouts, there are joy-filled beach volleyball romps, whimsical trips to Tasty Twist and marathon bouts of streaming Netflix. Microwave popcorn is in plentiful supply as the team gathers on random dusky evenings in East Lansing.

I assume that all of this is occurring, as I only have my assumptions to work from. Calls were not returned.

Let it be known that hip-hop is popular with the team. Headphones are a common fashion accessory when players are spotted in and around Grand River Avenue. I can only imagine the sultry sounds of the Notorious BIG effortlessly spittin' rhymes into the vestibular apparatus of our fine point guards, our slashing forwards and out strong men down low.

Summer time in East Lansing is a beautiful moment within the capsule that is our lives. I imagine that our Spartan men are hard at work and will continue to make us proud both on and off the basketball court.

Robert J Sakimano
Staff Writer
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

V.I.P Re: Spartan Swill Writing Staff - With April Behind Us, The Basketball Team is Still Working Hard

Post by SeeRockCity Thu 7 May 2015 - 11:15

cheers
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

V.I.P Re: Spartan Swill Writing Staff - With April Behind Us, The Basketball Team is Still Working Hard

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 7 May 2015 - 11:18

When do I have to start paying for this?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Thu 7 May 2015 - 11:20

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:When do I have to start paying for this?

Well first there are the ads for new rules that Michigan drivers don't know about. Once those show up subscriptions are right around the corner.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu 7 May 2015 - 11:25

Time to give Bob a Pulitzer badge.

Spartan Swill Writing Staff - With April Behind Us, The Basketball Team is Still Working Hard  Pulitzer
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 7 May 2015 - 11:33

This is fantastic. Great work, Bob.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 7 May 2015 - 11:42

Turtleneck wrote:This is fantastic. Great work, Bob.
thanks, man.. I'm just really trying to make a good impression on my supervisors here in the news room.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Thu 7 May 2015 - 11:49

Reading between the lines, it sounds like everyone is giving 110%, taking it one day at a time, and staying goal oriented?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 7 May 2015 - 12:14

Spartan Swill Writing Staff - With April Behind Us, The Basketball Team is Still Working Hard  1966794946
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 7 May 2015 - 12:23

Your move, Kilbridge.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 7 May 2015 - 12:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:as the early-April Final Four appearance slowly emerges as news from "last month", let it be known that the Spartan basketball team is determined to return again in 2016. When asked for comment by this Staff Writer, head coach Tom Izzo was unavailable.

Though I haven't actually witnessed anyone practicing or even spoken to anyone that might actually be practicing, my intuition as a longtime Spartan fan, a graduate of the finest university known to man and a permanent resident of the great city of East Lansing tells me that they are, indeed, practicing. Yes, they're shooting shots that arc across the sky like the wings of an angel, they're bouncing balls in and around gymnasiums and they're consistently performing chest passes at that little bouncy net thing we all remember from childhood.. returning the ball promptly to their Spartan fingers.

The off-season is a great time for bonding for the Spartan players. There are cookouts, there are joy-filled beach volleyball romps, whimsical trips to Tasty Twist and marathon bouts of streaming Netflix. Microwave popcorn is in plentiful supply as the team gathers on random dusky evenings in East Lansing.

I assume that all of this is occurring, as I only have my assumptions to work from. Calls were not returned.

Let it be known that hip-hop is popular with the team. Headphones are a common fashion accessory when players are spotted in and around Grand River Avenue. I can only imagine the sultry sounds of the Notorious BIG effortlessly spittin' rhymes into the vestibular apparatus of our fine point guards, our slashing forwards and out strong men down low.

Summer time in East Lansing is a beautiful moment within the capsule that is our lives. I imagine that our Spartan men are hard at work and will continue to make us proud both on and off the basketball court.

Robert J Sakimano
Staff Writer

This update makes me proud to be a Spartan and an American.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Thu 7 May 2015 - 14:16

More of an Op-Ed piece I see. Keep 'em coming Robert.

Spartan Swill Writing Staff - With April Behind Us, The Basketball Team is Still Working Hard  55953254
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 7 May 2015 - 14:50

SeeRockCity wrote:More of an Op-Ed piece I see. Keep 'em coming Robert.

Spartan Swill Writing Staff - With April Behind Us, The Basketball Team is Still Working Hard  55953254
yeah, I fancy myself more of an op-ed kind of guy rather than a field reporter, beat writer, etc.. I've been told that I see the delicate nuance well.. my talent is grounded in being able to capture the beauty within the shadows of an event/issue/situation/occurrence, refract that nuance through the prism of experience so that the reality of the story can resonate gracefully with the reader.

Thanks, Boss. I'll keep 'em coming.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 7 May 2015 - 14:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:More of an Op-Ed piece I see. Keep 'em coming Robert.

Thanks, Boss. I'll keep 'em coming. Maybe. I don't really know.

Fixed
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 7 May 2015 - 15:56

cheers

Best tSwill article yet. I was on the fence about renewing my subscription, but not any more.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 7 May 2015 - 17:17

Nordic wrote:cheers

Best tSwill article yet. I was on the fence about renewing my subscription, but not any more.
thanks...

it's comments like this that makes all of that hard work in 6th grade seem worthwhile.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 7 May 2015 - 17:34

Here's my contribution to staff writing. How hard is Schilling going to have to work this summer now that Caleb Swanigan decommited?

Very hard. We'll have reports throughout the summer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 May 2015 - 18:23

steveschneider wrote:Here's my contribution to staff writing. How hard is Schilling going to have to work this summer now that Caleb Swanigan decommited?

Very hard. We'll have reports throughout the summer.

Didn't you see him working out in that rap video? He's staying in tiptop shape.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down