Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The left wing assault against free speech

+2
Turtleneck
Green Note
6 posters

Go down

The left wing assault against free speech Empty The left wing assault against free speech

Post by Green Note 2015-05-11, 17:18

There has been many examples of the left trying to quash any viewpoint they disagree.

Perhaps Cym Jim can start it off and explain his intolerance to ideas someone else did not tell him to think.

Last edited by Green Note on 2015-05-21, 10:33; edited 1 time in total
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The left wing assault against free speech Empty Re: The left wing assault against free speech

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-11, 19:38

Green Note wrote:There has been many examples of the left trying to quash any viewpoint they disagree.

Perhaps Cym Jim can start it off and explain his intolerance to ideas someone else did not tell him to think.

Well, he is British and they love giant authority. And fish & chips.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The left wing assault against free speech Empty Re: The left wing assault against free speech

Post by Cym Jim 2015-05-11, 21:44

Turtleneck wrote:Well, he is British and they love giant authority. And fish & chips.

I do love fish and chips, although I have high standards. I'm yet to find anywhere that does both well over here. I've perfected the chip myself, but fear I'll never master the fish. Hard to get good stuff here in CO anyway. The best is fresh of the boat in Scarborough, North Yorkshire.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-12, 07:25

Green Note wrote:There has been many examples of the left trying to quash any viewpoint they disagree.

clearly your speach was free..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-05-12, 18:31

http://www.amazon.com/The-Silencing-Left-Killing-Speech/dp/1621573702

from Amazon

Lifelong liberal Kirsten Powers blasts the Left's forced march towards conformity in an exposé of the illiberal war on free speech. No longer champions of tolerance and free speech, the "illiberal Left" now viciously attacks and silences anyone with alternative points of view. Powers asks, "What ever happened to free speech in America?"
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-12, 20:02

Green Note wrote:http://www.amazon.com/The-Silencing-Left-Killing-Speech/dp/1621573702

from Amazon

Lifelong liberal Kirsten Powers blasts the Left's forced march towards conformity in an exposé of the illiberal war on free speech. No longer champions of tolerance and free speech, the "illiberal Left" now viciously attacks and silences anyone with alternative points of view.  Powers asks, "What ever happened to free speech in America?"

Great. More wimpy people playing victim because not everybody worships their words. Talk about the wussification of America...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-05-12, 23:37

Green Note wrote:http://www.amazon.com/The-Silencing-Left-Killing-Speech/dp/1621573702

from Amazon

Lifelong liberal Kirsten Powers blasts the Left's forced march towards conformity in an exposé of the illiberal war on free speech. No longer champions of tolerance and free speech, the "illiberal Left" now viciously attacks and silences anyone with alternative points of view. Powers asks, "What ever happened to free speech in America?"

This is the closest you've come to an actual discussion on here!
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-05-13, 06:41

Cym Jim wrote:

from Amazon

Lifelong liberal Kirsten Powers blasts the Left's forced march towards conformity in an exposé of the illiberal war on free speech. No longer champions of tolerance and free speech, the "illiberal Left" now viciously attacks and silences anyone with alternative points of view.  Powers asks, "What ever happened to free speech in America?"

Your post just demonstrates you have not actually read my posts.

I post to provoke thought. If you don't want to participate don't.

The posts usually consist of an article, an article someone wrote to inform and provoke discussion. If you ever follow a link to one of them, you will probably find a comments section, where people can comment on the article. Seems like an idea, write something and have people comment on it. Wonder if if could work on the Swill?

The Swill is a pretty dead board.

He has plenty of threads on the board, more than 10 on the front page in fact. This is for the threads that last a while with zero replies and with no effort to start conversation. The whole board would be his threads with zero replies otherwise, which is what he's going for. He hasn't engaged in a conversation in any thread on here.

Reread your post. Do see how ridiculous it is with fresh eyes?

Explain what constitutes an attempt at discusion if not posting to the board?

You seem to suggest you prefer threads dating back two months with no activity.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-13, 07:25

from Amazon

isn't she on the Fox News payroll?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-05-13, 10:30

Green Note wrote:
Cym Jim wrote:

The posts usually consist of an article, an article someone wrote to inform and provoke discussion. If you ever follow a link to one of them, you will probably find a comments section, where people can comment on the article. Seems like an idea, write something and have people comment on it. Wonder if if could work on the Swill?

He has plenty of threads on the board, more than 10 on the front page in fact. This is for the threads that last a while with zero replies and with no effort to start conversation. The whole board would be his threads with zero replies otherwise, which is what he's going for. He hasn't engaged in a conversation in any thread on here.

The left wing assault against free speech 502811600 You know perfectly well that if you provide even minimal commentary, perspective, opinion etc. under your links, and post with some genuine intent to engage in discussion, then your posts remain. If you just post a link and twatty comment, they go in your trolling thread. This is not complicated. I'm sorry you're finding this so difficult. There continue to be more threads started by you on the front page than anyone else, but you seem determined to play the victim.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-13, 12:22

Cym Jim wrote:
Green Note wrote:

The left wing assault against free speech 502811600 You know perfectly well that if you provide even minimal commentary, perspective, opinion etc. under your links, and post with some genuine intent to engage in discussion, then your posts remain. If you just post a link and twatty comment, they go in your trolling thread. This is not complicated. I'm sorry you're finding this so difficult. There continue to be more threads started by you on the front page than anyone else, but you seem determined to play the victim.
are you trying to limit his right to free speach?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-05-13, 12:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:are you trying to limit his right to free speach?
He might need some speach therapy.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-13, 13:04

Cym Jim wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:are you trying to limit his right to free speach?
He might need some speach therapy.
as a liberal progressive, I'm actually a big fan of right wing free speach. The more we know about them, the more entertaining they become..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-30, 15:59

Now here is somebody with something to complain about. It is not a matter of "people don't like what I say and that makes me mad so I am going to pretend like they are bullying me." Nope, this professor was investigated after Title IV complaints were filed over the content of an essay she wrote.

https://reason.com/blog/2015/05/29/prof-who-faced-down-title-ix-inquisition
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-05-30, 23:19

Turtleneck wrote:Now here is somebody with something to complain about. It is not a matter of "people don't like what I say and that makes me mad so I am going to pretend like they are bullying me." Nope, this professor was investigated after Title IV complaints were filed over the content of an essay she wrote.

https://reason.com/blog/2015/05/29/prof-who-faced-down-title-ix-inquisition

Greeny... take notes, son.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-06-11, 14:34

Just look at college campus liberal groups and how hateful they are. Refusing to even allow the other side to entertain dialogue or discussion and calling for bannings of people that don't share their same views.

Sickening.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down