Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Webber on Dan Patrick hints that if he could do it all over again he'd have gone green.

+14
HT
Giant Moose
CheesySpartan
StylesGShmooth
Snake Plissken
Death Roe
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Blanch32
MiamiSpartan
CORNER BLITZ
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chris Webber on Dan Patrick hints that if he could do it all over again he'd have gone green.  Empty Chris Webber on Dan Patrick hints that if he could do it all over again he'd have gone green.

Post by steveschneider Wed May 13, 2015 2:16 pm

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/05/13/michigan-chris-webber-fab-five/27232763/

Spoke very highly of Izzo and considers him a friend.

I'm almost ready to forgive the Fab 5. I hated them with a passion, but if he'd just come clean and apologize I'd forgive him. Basketball
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Chris Webber on Dan Patrick hints that if he could do it all over again he'd have gone green.  Empty Re: Chris Webber on Dan Patrick hints that if he could do it all over again he'd have gone green.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed May 13, 2015 2:21 pm

I would never want someone like him associated with our program.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Chris Webber on Dan Patrick hints that if he could do it all over again he'd have gone green.  Empty Re: Chris Webber on Dan Patrick hints that if he could do it all over again he'd have gone green.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed May 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Forgive ? Meh. I don't think they've done anything to me..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed May 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I would never want someone like him associated with our program.

Just say it's because he's black Bob, so racist
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I would never want someone like him associated with our program.

Ed Martin wouldn't have paid him off at MSU so his whole life would have changed. No more slimey reputation, etc, etc.....but fuck him anyway he made Izzo cry.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed May 13, 2015 2:29 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

I'm not racist.. who said I'm racist?!? I am NOT racist... definitely not. That's automatically what you assume right? That I'm racist.. but I'm not. No way. Some of my best friends are black.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed May 13, 2015 2:29 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Ed Martin wouldn't have paid him off at MSU so his whole life would have changed. No more slimey reputation, etc, etc.....but fuck him anyway he made Izzo cry.
Chris Webber on Dan Patrick hints that if he could do it all over again he'd have gone green.  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed May 13, 2015 2:45 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

What's the story on this? I can only imagine half the rcmb cried when swanigan was gone
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed May 13, 2015 3:07 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Some of my best friends are black.

Well shit, why didn't you just start with that? My bad
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed May 13, 2015 3:13 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Some of my best friends are black.

Well shit, why didn't you just start with that? My bad
afro
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed May 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Forgive ? Meh. I don't think they've done anything to me..
Yeah, but you weren't even born at the time, were you?

His cheating (along with other players, coaches and staff at UM--and Uncle Ed, of course) did cause harm to MSU. It cost MSU wins, money, etc. And it dicked over a real stand up guy like Jud.

Fuck him. Yeah, if he had to do it all over again, he'd have done it differently. Because none of the shit about not being able to afford to buy a hamburger, even for a non-paid athlete, was total bullshit. He would have lived a decent life on MSU's campus like any other student, and he wouldn't be forced to undergo grand jury testimony, and getting destroyed/humiliated by the press and even UM people (remember that as much as they want to forget it now, at the time the UM old guard including Don Canham and old football players ripped into those players and coaches pretty strongly for this). So yeah, fuck him. Of course he'd do it differently since he is blamed for destroying his school's entire basketball program for more than a decade.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed May 13, 2015 3:21 pm

Fwiw izzo would. He yelled at me about ir
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed May 13, 2015 3:23 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

I'm not racist.. who said I'm racist?!? I am NOT racist... definitely not. That's automatically what you assume right? That I'm racist.. but I'm not. No way. Some of my best friends are black.

The rastas you buy your weed from are not friends
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed May 13, 2015 3:29 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Forgive ? Meh. I don't think they've done anything to me..

His cheating (along with other players, coaches and staff at UM--and Uncle Ed, of course) did cause harm to MSU. It cost MSU wins, money, etc. And it dicked over a real stand up guy like Jud.

Fuck him. Yeah, if he had to do it all over again, he'd have done it differently. Because none of the shit about not being able to afford to buy a hamburger, even for a non-paid athlete, was total bullshit. He would have lived a decent life on MSU's campus like any other student, and he wouldn't be forced to undergo grand jury testimony, and getting destroyed/humiliated by the press and even UM people (remember that as much as they want to forget it now, at the time the UM old guard including Don Canham and old football players ripped into those players and coaches pretty strongly for this). So yeah, fuck him. Of course he'd do it differently since he is blamed for destroying his school's entire basketball program for more than a decade.

Hard to argue any of this, though I'd give a good chunk of blame to Steve Fisher. He ran that shit show, and I think he's a lying sack of dung.

I agree though I was upset for a lot of the reasons you listed above, I'd forgive him if he came clean and apologized.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed May 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

Story. In the best English you can muster.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed May 13, 2015 3:57 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Basketball 201. 2002. Webber indyted. Asked izzo if he believed in karma. He definitely did not with authority!

I should have simply asked him"sup knight?" Instead
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed May 13, 2015 4:00 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Iz emayeled me aftur that debackel lose too texas whateves last ywar. Wanted some tip. I showed some sets and wut he shud hace done than went of about those fab5 fucks. Iz emaild back thnaks for hoop knowlege and to stfu bout Webz cuz thry were tite

-blanch
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed May 13, 2015 4:05 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Iz emayeled me aftur that debackel lose too texas whateves last ywar. Wanted some tip. I showed some sets and wut he shud hace done than went of about those fab5 fucks. Iz emaild back thnaks for hoop knowlege and to stfu bout Webz cuz thry were tite

-blanch
Chris Webber on Dan Patrick hints that if he could do it all over again he'd have gone green.  502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed May 13, 2015 4:47 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

All this x 2. Fuck Webber and fuck that cheating scum program, and fuck anybody buying into Jailin Rose's revisionist history tour, including the broadcast and cable networks employing those fucking cheating lowlife fucks.

Now, I feel better.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed May 13, 2015 5:07 pm

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Hard to argue any of this, though I'd give a good chunk of blame to Steve Fisher. He ran that shit show, and I think he's a lying sack of dung.

I agree though I was upset for a lot of the reasons you listed above, I'd forgive him if he came clean and apologized.
Yeah, I actually didn't mean that he deserves the blame for the destruction of the program, but that he receives it. The blame for the scandal definitely should be spread around a lot, to other players that took money, to Fisher and the coaches, and even the University (there's no fucking way that others in the Athletic Department didn't know). And the scandal was only a small part of the destruction of the program. The scandal didn't force them to make shitty hires, and despite UM slappies' claims, it didn't allow Tom Izzo to make them his bitch for so long.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 5:33 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

-blanch
The sad thing is that I can read that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed May 13, 2015 7:09 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Basketball 201. 2002. Webber indyted. Asked izzo if he believed in karma. He definitely did not with authority!

I should have simply asked him"sup knight?" Instead

JFC
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Wed May 13, 2015 7:34 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

-blanch
The sad thing is that I can read that.
Me too Chris Webber on Dan Patrick hints that if he could do it all over again he'd have gone green.  1550444538
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Thu May 14, 2015 12:10 am

Wasn't he leaning towards coming to MSU anyway, but then Underwood went and reported a recruiting violation on his trip to Minnesota (free sweatshirt or something) after Heathcote explcitly told him not to, which kind of upset Webber a bit.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu May 14, 2015 12:19 am

Probably an age thing. I know the fraud five , was well, fraudulent but they are what most think of them, irrelevant to today. They have been exposed and you never really hear of them now, outside of jalen rose and his dumbass 30 for 30.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu May 14, 2015 7:25 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Probably an age thing. I know the fraud five , was well, fraudulent but they are what most think of them, irrelevant to today. They have been exposed and you never really hear of them now, outside of jalen rose and his dumbass 30 for 30.

Lucky you. They were basically the Beatles of 1992
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu May 14, 2015 8:20 am

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/05/13/fab-five-jalen-rose-chris-webber/27277129/

Jaylen Rose fires back,

"One dude traveled then called timeout. One dude lied to grand jury and hasn't apologized. One dude tried to circumvent the documentary to HBO. One dude ignored multiple requests from everyone involved after agreeing to participate. One dude played like (President) Obama and sat in a suite during Michigan's recent title game. One dude slandered Ed Martin after all he did for him and his family. One dude is not in contact with the other four (which is all good). One dude has been doing a rebuttal doc for four years. One dude clearly is delusional and still in denial," Rose said of Webber in messages to Larry Brown Sports.

"Congrats on your amazing success! Respect had no price. Man up."

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu May 14, 2015 8:30 am

StylesGShmooth wrote:Wasn't he leaning towards coming to MSU anyway, but then Underwood went and reported a recruiting violation on his trip to Minnesota (free sweatshirt or something) after Heathcote explcitly told him not to, which kind of upset Webber a bit.

It was either that or the hundreds of thousands of dollars from "Uncle Ed"...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu May 14, 2015 8:41 am

CheesySpartan wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:Wasn't he leaning towards coming to MSU anyway, but then Underwood went and reported a recruiting violation on his trip to Minnesota (free sweatshirt or something) after Heathcote explcitly told him not to, which kind of upset Webber a bit.

It was either that or the hundreds of thousands of dollars from "Uncle Ed"...

This is my big question that I've never fully understood, what is in it for bag men or boosters to give their own money to recruits?

I'm assuming they write it off some how, so is it mainly just a combo of wanting a universities pro college sports team to win games and choosing to reroute the cash to an athlete instead of uncle sam?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 14, 2015 8:46 am

this thread makes me want to cuddle with my MSU diploma... cuddle with it HARD.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu May 14, 2015 8:48 am

Cool, I consider him a Spartan now. Hopefully he can kiss the logo while we celebrate him when he's in town for the UM-MSU game.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu May 14, 2015 9:12 am

Giant Moose wrote:Cool, I consider him a Spartan now. Hopefully he can kiss the logo while we celebrate him when he's in town for the UM-MSU game.

Just like john harbraugh. Lol

...and their sister!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Thu May 14, 2015 9:22 am

Jud's autobiography talks about the Weber recruitment. I actually thought he was basically a silent commit to MSU until the trip to Minnesota. Then he held off on it as Ed Martin got involved and he suddenly wanted to play with Jalen Rose.

That section of his book actually might be on Google Books to read, actually.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu May 14, 2015 9:33 am

His own teammates hate him. Of course he would rather have gone to MSU.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu May 14, 2015 10:15 am

I don't really like either guy but I tend to agree with Rose. Webber has always been delusional, going back to his famous hamburger quotes in Myth's book. He has displayed a continued pattern of deceit, not sure why he would change his stripes now.

If you listen to the interview, his main gripe seemed to be that he always felt he was better than the other 4 and feels he is owed some kind of cookie for pretending to be a team guy and not acting like he was better than the rest of them when everyone knew he was. He's offended that Rose made the documentary about himself and the others when he should have been the star.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu May 14, 2015 10:28 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't really like either guy but I tend to agree with Rose. Webber has always been delusional, going back to his famous hamburger quotes in Myth's book. He has displayed a continued pattern of deceit, not sure why he would change his stripes now.

If you listen to the interview, his main gripe seemed to be that he always felt he was better than the other 4 and feels he is owed some kind of cookie for pretending to be a team guy and not acting like he was better than the rest of them when everyone knew he was. He's offended that Rose made the documentary about himself and the others when he should have been the star.

My take, Rose is right that Webber should just come clean. I agree 100% that Webber should own up to it and apologize. Other than that I side with Webber, he's kept quiet and just seems content with where he is in his life. He's not stuck in the past where as Rose seems stuck in the tiny bubble that was the Fraud 5.

Rose's friendship with Bill Simmons has made him the face of that team. Also, Rose's 'uncle tom' comments were just flat out embarrassing and he got owned by Grant Hill. Perhaps Webber has grown up and just wants to put all of that silly shit behind him?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu May 14, 2015 11:34 am

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't really like either guy but I tend to agree with Rose. Webber has always been delusional, going back to his famous hamburger quotes in Myth's book. He has displayed a continued pattern of deceit, not sure why he would change his stripes now.

My take, Rose is right that Webber should just come clean. I agree 100% that Webber should own up to it and apologize. Other than that I side with Webber, he's kept quiet and just seems content with where he is in his life. He's not stuck in the past where as Rose seems stuck in the tiny bubble that was the Fraud 5.

Rose's friendship with Bill Simmons has made him the face of that team. Also, Rose's 'uncle tom' comments were just flat out embarrassing and he got owned by Grant Hill. Perhaps Webber has grown up and just wants to put all of that silly shit behind him?

Yeah, except Webber just put Rose on blast.

Rose admits he was a jackass in college. Webber doesn't want to come clean on anything, because he was a big fat liar.

We'll see if "his" story ever comes out.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu May 14, 2015 11:41 am

Who are we 'rooting' for here? Webber to air all the dirty laundry?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu May 14, 2015 11:46 am

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu May 14, 2015 12:07 pm

I can't even pay enough attention to keep up with who I'm supposed to hate!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next