Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lafeyette or American Coney Island?

+22
Rick Saunders
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
AvgMSUJoe
duffy munn
Floyd Robertson
Johnny Costanza
tGreenWay
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
DWags
Cameron
StylesGShmooth
HT
Marc Summers
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Ass Dan
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
Tim Wakefield
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Lafeyette or American Coney Island?

Lafeyette or American Coney Island? - Page 3 Vote_lcap87%Lafeyette or American Coney Island? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 13 ]
Lafeyette or American Coney Island? - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Lafeyette or American Coney Island? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 15

Lafeyette or American Coney Island? - Page 3 Empty Re: Lafeyette or American Coney Island?

Post by The Pantry 2024-04-17, 20:45

Permaban Travis
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Lafeyette or American Coney Island? - Page 3 Empty Re: Lafeyette or American Coney Island?

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-17, 21:40

The Pantry wrote:Permaban Travis

Seconded. I mean is that even a bun or like a piece of wonder bread? The hot dog sure as fuck isn't a koegel. Or even a hebrew national. But the ketchup is just sinful and probably should be illegal.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-17, 21:48

Guess I’ll need to switch to desktop to see what Travis posted.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-17, 21:54

Guess I really don’t care. Eat it. Don’t. Whatever.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-17, 22:12

tGreenWay wrote:Guess I’ll need to switch to desktop to see what Travis posted.

I’m too frightened to.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-17, 22:40

The only thing worse than that hot dog is people who gatekeep toppings on a hot dog.

It’s a goddamn industrialized tube of meat. Barely above prepackaged bologna and we’re going to get uppity about what people do with it? Fuckin put peanut butter on it I don’t give a shit go nuts (heh).
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-17, 22:42

DWags wrote:

I’m too frightened to.

As you should be. Don't do it Dwags
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-17, 22:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The only thing worse than that hot dog is people who gatekeep toppings on a hot dog.

It’s a goddamn industrialized tube of meat. Barely above prepackaged bologna and we’re going to get uppity about what people do with it? Fuckin put peanut butter on it I don’t give a shit go nuts (heh).

Going after bologna now to Travis? Shameless. You probably put ketchup on that to. Or perhaps mayo. I hate you.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-17, 22:50

Is the same thing just depends on how big the tube is
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-04-17, 23:08

Which one had the rat problem?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-18, 00:23

DWags wrote:

I’m too frightened to.

Like I said, I don’t care. You, OTOH, may need immediately therapy and possibly smelling salts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-18, 00:24

Here’s a way to further the discussion: Boiled or grilled?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-18, 01:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The only thing worse than that hot dog is people who gatekeep toppings on a hot dog.

FTR, I will defend your right to eat that in anyway you like. Viva la choice. I’ll even have ketchup for you if I’m grilling at home.

We don’t have real fancy restaurants by my house. We have Luigis’s. Great steaks on a Friday or Saturday, highly recommend. Only time I’ve ever asked someone to please don’t, a piece of food is when my good friend, retired cop orders a very well done NY strip. I’m not the only one at the table that tells him he’s wasting 48 dollars. However his usual come back is “fuck all of you and I have guns, a lot of them”.

So we watch him cut into a piece of meet that dust comes out from. I can’t imagine what the chef is thinking.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, The Pantry, tGreenWay and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-18, 04:35

Maybe he’s just making sure all the prions from the bovine spongiform encephalopathy are dead. Lafeyette or American Coney Island? - Page 3 2599972566
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-18, 09:08

tGreenWay wrote:Here’s a way to further the discussion: Boiled or grilled?

Grilled on a flat top like they do at Lafayette. Not a coney but I also enjoyed the steamed dogs from the vendors in the stands at Tiger stadium. They used a what looked like a tongue depressor to smear the dog with mustard. They did not carry ketchup.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-18, 09:31

It depends on the industrial tube meat. Some are better steamed some grilled.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-18, 11:14

duffy munn wrote:

Grilled on a flat top like they do at Lafayette. Not a coney but I also enjoyed the steamed dogs from the vendors in the stands at Tiger stadium. They used a what looked like a tongue depressor to smear the dog with mustard. They did not carry ketchup.

lol I forgot about the tongue depressors. But Tiger Stadium is def where I got my taste for steamed dogs. No doubt part of it is the nostalgia factor.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-04-18, 11:21

duffy munn wrote:

Going after bologna now to Travis? Shameless. You probably put ketchup on that to. Or perhaps mayo. I hate you.

My general rule in life is:

Mustard (or mayo) for cold cuts, ketchup for cooked meats

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-18, 11:37

Ketchup is for burgers and fries. I haven't regularly put it on my hot dogs since I was a kid, but I'm not repulsed by the idea like some seem to be. Kinda grosses me out in most other contexts, though. For instance, I have seen people dip chicken nuggets in ketchup. Those people should be locked up for the safety of us all.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-18, 11:39

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

lol I forgot about the tongue depressors. But Tiger Stadium is def where I got my taste for steamed dogs. No doubt part of it is the nostalgia factor.

I don't remember the year they switched but I took a buddy to a game who had never been to the corner. The whole ride down I was talking about the hot dog vendors and the tongue depressors. When the dude broke out the squeeze bottle I was pissed.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-04-18, 11:53

DWags wrote:

FTR, I will defend your right to eat that in anyway you like. Viva la choice. I’ll even have ketchup for you if I’m grilling at home.

We don’t have real fancy restaurants by my house. We have Luigis’s. Great steaks on a Friday or Saturday, highly recommend. Only time I’ve ever asked someone to please don’t, a piece of food is when my good friend, retired cop orders a very well done NY strip. I’m not the only one at the table that tells him he’s wasting 48 dollars. However his usual come back is “fuck all of you and I have guns, a lot of them”.

So we watch him cut into a piece of meet that dust comes out from. I can’t imagine what the chef is thinking.

Steak preference is med-rare. But I’m not picky. Throw some ketchup on that burnt steak and down the hatch.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-18, 13:01

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:

Steak preference is med-rare. But I’m not picky. Throw some ketchup on that burnt steak and down the hatch.

Lafeyette or American Coney Island? - Page 3 200.gif?cid=ddb306a59boejly3t9ezp5rehtq6csrho4q6jpwmnj95rf5l&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-18, 14:07

This is how I cook my steaks 🤤🤤

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-18, 14:35

Americans eat what they want, how they want. Case in point: Pantry and his poop milk.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-04-30, 10:57

Lafeyette or American Coney Island? - Page 3 Img_8210
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-30, 11:54

I’m doing the math on that. Only because if you asked me how many hotdogs I thought they would be selling, I would’ve guessed 10 times that amount.  That’s just me being naïve

So that’s about 3500 hotdogs per day, Places open 15 hours,   About 230 per hour almost 4 per minute.  

I’m thinking a lot of people were ordering just for themselves   I’ve stumbled in there with an order for up to six people waiting outside.  That’s ordering 12 dogs in a bag    You had people doing that, I’m guessing it would be over 10,000, but I have to believe friends were standing in line together And only for themselves  

Unless my math is wrong.   I also probably skewing these numbers because I would guess most of those 10,000 were sold between the hours of 10 PM and 3 AM
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-30, 12:02

DWags wrote:I’m doing the math on that. Only because if you asked me how many hotdogs I thought they would be selling, I would’ve guessed 10 times that amount.  That’s just me being naïve

So that’s about 3500 hotdogs per day, Places open 15 hours,   About 230 per hour almost 4 per minute.  

I’m thinking a lot of people were ordering just for themselves   I’ve stumbled in there with an order for up to six people waiting outside.  That’s ordering 12 dogs in a bag    You had people doing that, I’m guessing it would be over 10,000   Gentlemen, but I have to believe friends were standing in line together And only for themselves  

Unless my math is wrong.   I also probably skewing these numbers because I would guess most of those 10,000 were sold between the hours of 10 PM and 3 AM

No doubt in my mind they moved that many dogs. I can't even imagine those purchase orders, taking inventory and finding a spot to store all of it. But I guess when you're moving the product that fast in doesn't matter. Good for them for having probably a 150k plus weekend.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-30, 12:07

What would be fun is to see which iconic place sold more.

Don’t know what thread to put this in, But I do know that I’ve heard Detroit is really pushing to host a big 10 championship in football and then basketball

, Gentlemen, would be glorious
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-30, 12:27

DWags wrote:What would be fun is to see which iconic place sold more.

Don’t know what thread to put this in, But I do know that I’ve heard Detroit is really pushing to host a big 10 championship in football and then basketball

, Gentlemen, would be glorious

For as much shit as Detroit takes, it has proven time after time it can host a major event. Big Ten basketball tourneys and football championship games are long overdue.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-30, 15:04

Motown Spartan wrote:Lafeyette or American Coney Island? - Page 3 Img_8210

Sidenote: That image host has turned into a pop up nightmare.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-04-30, 16:19

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:I’m doing the math on that. Only because if you asked me how many hotdogs I thought they would be selling, I would’ve guessed 10 times that amount.  That’s just me being naïve

I’m thinking a lot of people were ordering just for themselves   I’ve stumbled in there with an order for up to six people waiting outside.  That’s ordering 12 dogs in a bag    You had people doing that, I’m guessing it would be over 10,000   Gentlemen, but I have to believe friends were standing in line together And only for themselves  

No doubt in my mind they moved that many dogs. I can't even imagine those purchase orders, taking inventory and finding a spot to store all of it. But I guess when you're moving the product that fast in doesn't matter. Good for them for having probably a 150k plus weekend.
Does Lafayette still not accept debit/credit cards?  Unless they have someone running to the bank every hour, that's a lot of cash hanging around.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-30, 16:43

The Pantry wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Does Lafayette still not accept debit/credit cards?  Unless they have someone running to the bank every hour, that's a lot of cash hanging around.

Ya don’t say.

Lafeyette or American Coney Island? - Page 3 Img_8310
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-30, 16:56

The Pantry wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

They finally gave in and accept plastic
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3