Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland aims to sell beer and wine at football and basketball games

+4
InTenSity
Townie
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
8 posters

Go down

Article Maryland aims to sell beer and wine at football and basketball games

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-11, 12:07

Maryland aims to sell beer and wine at football and basketball games

Take notes, Hollis. Learn from our new B1G brothers!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Article Re: Maryland aims to sell beer and wine at football and basketball games

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-11, 12:08

“We’re trying to change the climate on game days, from this binge-drinking culture of, you know, you rip 12 shots before you go into the game so you get drunk, and maybe instead you can have a beer or two to keep your buzz going if you want to drink,” said Patrick Ronk, Maryland’s student body president. “It’s a lot more of a social drinking environment rather than a binge drinking environment.”

Just say this, and those nazis ELPD and MSUPD may STFU
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Article Re: Maryland aims to sell beer and wine at football and basketball games

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-11, 12:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:“We’re trying to change the climate on game days, from this binge-drinking culture of, you know, you rip 12 shots before you go into the game so you get drunk, and maybe instead you can have a beer or two to keep your buzz going if you want to drink,” said Patrick Ronk, Maryland’s student body president. “It’s a lot more of a social drinking environment rather than a binge drinking environment.”
Will her new nickname be Patricia Drunk?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-06-11, 12:24

Cincinnati sells beer at football and basketball games. I bought it was prohibited by the ncaa, but I guess not.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-11, 12:28

Townie wrote:Cincinnati sells beer at football and basketball games. I bought it was prohibited by the ncaa, but I guess not.
I think that WVU also sells beer. I think the beer is prohibited at NCAA events, ie NCAA tourney and things like that. I know it wasn't prohibited at the Rose Bowl. Maryland aims to sell beer and wine at football and basketball games 2267303065
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-11, 12:41

The article says 28 teams do it or some shit, but it's pretty rare unless it's an off campus stadium. I think.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-11, 12:43

InTenSity wrote:
Townie wrote:Cincinnati sells beer at football and basketball games. I bought it was prohibited by the ncaa, but I guess not.
I think that WVU also sells beer. I think the beer is prohibited at NCAA events, ie NCAA tourney and things like that. I know it wasn't prohibited at the Rose Bowl. Maryland aims to sell beer and wine at football and basketball games 2267303065

I think you are right. You can normally buy beer at the Carrier Dome, but they were not selling any at the Tournament games they recently hosted. One of their employees told me it was because the NCAA prohibits beer sales at NCAA events, and then said "Syracuse actually follows some NCAA rules."
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-06-11, 12:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The article says 28 teams do it or some shit, but it's pretty rare unless it's an off campus stadium. I think.
didn't Minnesota sell beer in the HHH Dome?

Cincinnati's stadium and arena are right in the center of campus. I'm not sure what the rules are.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-06-11, 13:18

Nothing like wine in a plastic cup. Mmmmmmmm...
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-11, 13:21

Rocinante wrote:Nothing like wine in a plastic cup.  Mmmmmmmm...

You would get wine at a football game? NTTIAWWT
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-06-11, 13:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

He lives in Wyoming. They don't even sell wine in Wyoming. Only water, milk, and beer. I'm not sure what he is talking about.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-06-11, 14:05

That was kind of my point?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-06-11, 14:08

Good for them. When will MSU wake up and give the fans what they want

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-11, 14:26

steveschneider wrote:Good for them. When will MSU wake up and give the fans what they want

Never. Then wonder why attendance keeps declining
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-11, 15:14

Blanch32 wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Good for them. When will MSU wake up and give the fans what they want

Yup. Gotta put some effort in MSU. Make the experience better.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-11, 15:17

Blanch32 wrote:

If I can't get tickets near the students, I don't think I'm going to go to the Oregon game. I really don't like many of our fans in Spartan Stadium or the atmosphere inside the stadium in general.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-11, 15:18

Giant Moose wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

If I can't get tickets near the students, I don't think I'm going to go to the Oregon game. I really don't like many of our fans in Spartan Stadium or the atmosphere inside the stadium in general.

Meh, big games and night games are fun anywhere in SS. But noon against iu, I'm with ya.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-11, 16:10

Giant Moose wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Fwiw I use to watch the games on SAT at trcmb tailgates and drink everyone else's beers. Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-12, 09:01

Giant Moose wrote:

Meh, big games and night games are fun anywhere in SS. But noon against iu, I'm with ya.
Wait until you are out of college, drive 9 hours to the Wisconsin-MSU night game, and then have some dude behind you scream at you repeatedly to sit down as MSU is scoring 23 in the second quarter.

I try to get tickets in the end zone near the students or in section 7 where the visitors sit now.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-12, 09:04

Blanch32 wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Fwiw I use to watch the games on SAT at trcmb tailgates and drink everyone else's beers. Lol
Is tailgating during the game actually fun? I've never done it but am seriously considering it instead this year.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-12, 09:40

Giant Moose wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Is tailgating during the game actually fun? I've never done it but am seriously considering it instead this year.

All depends on the weather honestly. And if you enjoy free food and drink for "guard duty"

Atmosphere is pretty chill and quiet. Better to have a few stragglers watch with ya.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-12, 09:53

ITT we learn how Blanch was never invited to go to the game with anyone.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-06-12, 10:09

I can't believe how many of our fans wanted to drink their beer out of a coffee cup prior to the Spring game.

Sounds pretty damn unamerican to me. If I have to conceal my booze before a college football game then I'm not going.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-12, 10:42

steveschneider wrote:I can't believe how many of our fans wanted to drink their beer out of a coffee cup prior to the Spring game.

Sounds pretty damn unamerican to me. If I have to conceal my booze before a college football game then I'm not going.

I did it and I don't regret it one bit. It's unamerican to let these Nancy policies and regulations keep you at home.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-12, 12:07

InTenSity wrote:ITT we learn how Blanch was never invited to go to the game with anyone.

Lol hardly. Can't tell you how many rcmbers begged to be buy their spare ticket for face
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-12, 12:08

steveschneider wrote:I can't believe how many of our fans wanted to drink their beer out of a coffee cup prior to the Spring game.

then never tailgate in ohio
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-18, 16:48

A & M jabs at Texas deciding to sell beer......

Gabe Bock@GabeBock 2h2 hours ago
A&M chancellor Sharp on alcohol at events: "Our athletic program has not reached the point where we require the numbing effects of alcohol."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down