Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend?

+16
AvgMSUJoe
Spartan Punk
NigelUno
Death Roe
Green Ninja
TrueGreenSpartan
Nommad2
InTenSity
Cosmo_Kramer
Cym Jim
Watch Out Pylon!
Two Star At Best
MSUgöat
LoneWolfSparty
Heat Miser
SeeRockCity
20 posters

Go down

Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? Empty Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend?

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:58 am

Highlights: Nice happy hour with colleagues on Fri, plus a "Spring Reception", which to me reads "free beer and whore duvers".
Huge Thai food feast Sat night.  
Eight mile hike Sunday, followed by chile con carne and huge salad.

Ah also finally got to watch Nebraska.  Great flick.  Highly recommend.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? Empty Re: Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend?

Post by SeeRockCity Mon May 05, 2014 9:07 am

Slept on this with the twins (my boys) Saturday night:

Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? CVS-10_Yorktown
Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? 5170605517_8cbf08b803_z
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? Empty Re: Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend?

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 9:08 am

SeeRockCity wrote:Slept on this with the twins (my boys) Saturday night:

That. Is pretty fucking cool. Glad I posted before you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon May 05, 2014 9:26 am

Took tMrs. to Exxxotica Saturday . Gonna start a thread with pics today, but here's a sample:

Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? 20140511
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 9:29 am

Heat Miser wrote:Took tMrs. to Exxxotica Saturday . Gonna start a thread with pics today, but here's a sample:

No way... Not sure if my wife would attend an event like that. Maybe once...

You're living the dream, dude.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon May 05, 2014 9:32 am

Went out and burned through about 250 RDS. Shot the new Kimber. Wow, small framed .45s are like holding a kicking mule. But great firepower for carrying.

Also shot my AR. Always a blast!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSUgöat Mon May 05, 2014 9:32 am

Heat Miser wrote:Took tMrs. to Exxxotica Saturday . Gonna start a thread with pics today, but here's a sample:

please and thank you
MSUgöat
MSUgöat
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Two Star At Best Mon May 05, 2014 9:35 am

I got set to go an' cut the lawn. So I grabbed my Walkman but before I cut. I got behind the garage an' fired it up.
Two Star At Best
Two Star At Best
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon May 05, 2014 9:37 am

Worked on the yard for a bit. Could have been a bit warmer out. Fired up the grill on Sunday for some burgers. You gotta love the smell of something grilling early in the season. That cooking meat smell. It smells... like victory.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Mon May 05, 2014 9:38 am

Went to Vail with the the wife and kids. Awesome hotel - pissed around in the pool with kids, ate well, drank a bit too much, breakfast at the Sonnenalp, kids soccer game in Vail, back down to Denver for the Rapids game Saturday night, shouted abuse at Landon Donocan and Robbie Keane, brewed beer Sunday and even more kids soccer, brewpub for lunch, helped new neighbors move in. Thank god I work at home Mondays because I need to sleep.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 9:41 am

Cym Jim wrote:Went to Vail with the the wife and kids. Awesome hotel - pissed around in the pool with kids, ate well, drank a bit too much, breakfast at the Sonnenalp, kids soccer game in Vail, back down to Denver for the Rapids game Saturday night, shouted abuse at Landon Donocan and Robbie Keane, brewed beer Sunday and even more kids soccer, brewpub for lunch, helped new neighbors move in. Thank god I work at home Mondays because I need to sleep.

Nice! Well done.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Mon May 05, 2014 9:46 am

I ate sushi, Mexican, Italian, Irish ... had sex ... drank craft beer ... had more sex ... played drinking games ... slept in ... caught up on my Sunday night TV programming ... was solid
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon May 05, 2014 9:46 am

Baseball Friday night, Marlins vs Dodgers. Marlins won 6-3, was a pretty good game. Seats were 4 rows behind Dodger dugout. My daughter is apparently terrified of Billy the Marlin.
Saturday, round of golf, and finally seemed to be playing well. Happy with my game, switching to playing in sandals.
Sunday, zoo with my daughter, then a party afterwards at a park, finally after dinner, went for a walk and she went to a friends house. Was a long day, but I like spending time with her.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon May 05, 2014 9:47 am

InTenSity wrote:Baseball Friday night, Marlins vs Dodgers. Marlins won 6-3, was a pretty good game. Seats were 4 rows behind Dodger dugout. My daughter is apparently terrified of Billy the Marlin.
Saturday, round of golf, and finally seemed to be playing well. Happy with my game, switching to playing in sandals.
Sunday, zoo with my daughter, then a party afterwards at a park, finally after dinner, went for a walk and she went to a friends house. Was a long day, but I like spending time with her.

I originally read this that your daughter is terrified of Billy Martin.  Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? 502811600 Who wouldn't be?!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 Mon May 05, 2014 9:54 am

Cut the lawn with the new mower. Went out to dinner Sat night with the wife and kids. Grilled some bbq ribs on Sunday. Watched the ducks that have set up shop in our yard. Found out my youngest son wants to be an astronaut so he can go into outer space (or as he calls it, "the cosmos")
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan Mon May 05, 2014 10:16 am

moved 5 yards of dirt to the new raised bed with tWife, got the camper out of storage and in the garage to work on so we're ready for Memorial Day weekend, mowed the lawn (loving the new craftsman mower I bought btw), watched the 5 month old pretty much all day Sunday while tWife got stuff she'd been wanting to get down around the house.

EDIT: added picture of raised bed

Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? 1538815_10104901920334174_1624602492409083093_n
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Ninja Mon May 05, 2014 10:34 am

Friends over for dinner and drinks friday. Saturday was the Derby with some Elmer T Lee then got some sushi with the wife. Sunday took the pup for 6 mile walk. Not bad, it was nice to finally be outside!
Green Ninja
Green Ninja
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 10:56 am

Swillers living the good life. I like it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon May 05, 2014 11:35 am

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:I ate sushi, Mexican, Italian, Irish ... jerked off ... drank craft beer ... jerked off again ... played drinking games ... slept in ... caught up on my Sunday night TV programming ... was solid

FIFY
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Mon May 05, 2014 11:48 am

Death Roe wrote:

FIFY

Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? Tumblr_n534g0a7Vb1s6hrz6o1_500
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon May 05, 2014 12:14 pm

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:moved 5 yards of dirt to the new raised bed with tWife, got the camper out of storage and in the garage to work on so we're ready for Memorial Day weekend, mowed the lawn (loving the new craftsman mower I bought btw), watched the 5 month old pretty much all day Sunday while tWife got stuff she'd been wanting to get down around the house.

Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? 1538815_10104901920334174_1624602492409083093_n

Mow your lawn.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Two Star At Best Mon May 05, 2014 12:21 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Mow your lawn.

MSU truf grass has gone 70s like my wife's bush and says to let it grow.

www dot turf.msu.edu/mowing-lawn-turf
Two Star At Best
Two Star At Best
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Punk Mon May 05, 2014 12:41 pm

Got an email on Friday from a friend who wanted to drive down the next morning for the Kentucky Derby. Decided to go along with him. Had a blast. Wore a Spartan hat and got tons of Go Green. Went to Cincy after the Derby. Had some ribs at the Boathouse. Back by noon on Sunday.
Spartan Punk
Spartan Punk
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan Mon May 05, 2014 12:42 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Mow your lawn.

I did, later that day. Didn't you read the damn post you shmuck?  Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? 2809484752 Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? 502811600 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan Mon May 05, 2014 12:43 pm

Spartan Punk wrote:Got an email on Friday from a friend who wanted to drive down the next morning for the Kentucky Derby. Decided to go along with him. Had a blast. Wore a Spartan hat and got tons of Go Green. Went to Cincy after the Derby. Had some ribs at the Boathouse. Back by noon on Sunday.

You win the thread so far  Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? 1486952199 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 Mon May 05, 2014 2:49 pm

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:moved 5 yards of dirt to the new raised bed with tWife, got the camper out of storage and in the garage to work on so we're ready for Memorial Day weekend, mowed the lawn (loving the new craftsman mower I bought btw), watched the 5 month old pretty much all day Sunday while tWife got stuff she'd been wanting to get down around the house.

Rather see pics of the wife, instead of the raised bed.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan Mon May 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Nommad2 wrote:
Rather see pics of the wife, instead of the raised bed.

She's in the background. If you zoom in far enough you might be able to see her Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? 2599972566  Rolling Eyes 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Two Star At Best Mon May 05, 2014 2:55 pm

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

She's in the background.  If you zoom in far enough you might be able to see her Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? 2599972566 Rolling Eyes 

Have you done raised beds before? First time we built them we filled them with topsoil like that and it wouldn't absorb water for shit. Didn't figure that out until after plants were in. After that we tilled in a shitload of mulch every year.
Two Star At Best
Two Star At Best
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon May 05, 2014 2:56 pm

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:

She's in the background. If you zoom in far enough you might be able to see her Sup, Swillsters? How was the weekend? 2599972566  Rolling Eyes 

Is that a barn in the background? Did you just call your wife a farm animal?!?
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan Mon May 05, 2014 2:57 pm

twostaratbest wrote:

Have you done raised beds before?  First time we built them we filled them with topsoil like that and it wouldn't absorb water for shit.  Didn't figure that out until after plants were in.  After that we tilled in a shitload of mulch every year.

the soil is a topsoil, peat moss, brown soil mix specifically designed for raised beds. Also, I will have a soaker hose running through the garden to water regularly.
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan Mon May 05, 2014 2:59 pm

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Is that a barn in the background? Did you just call your wife a farm animal?!?

notice a chunk of roof is missing off the roof of that barn? had a funnel cloud form right over there last summer. broke up before it made it to the ground but dis some pretty major damage to the barn. Also, no you have to look closer Shocked 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon May 05, 2014 3:05 pm

Friday... don't even remember.

Kid was invited to play in a more competitive baseball league this year. Played his first tourney. Started Sat at 8 am an hour away from the house. Was knee deep in mud all weekend. Thought I had swamp foot by saturday night. Team went 1-2. Kid made like 8 or 10 outs himself, so the D is solid even though this is his first year with competent coaches (so there is a ton of "instruction"). Hitting is still a WIP... he did get a hold of a couple and just got thrown out and/or caught.

Cut Grass Sunday afternoon. Fought with Wifey about who knows what.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon May 05, 2014 3:09 pm

I paid $140 to walk around in the cold and wind, wait in line for a half hour, and ride in the 2nd to last car on a real live Thomas the Train locomotive. It was pretty sweet. From where I was seated if you could look through the 300 or so heads in front of you, the steam, and the windows in the front of each of the cars, you could almost even make out some baby blue.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon May 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Green Ninja wrote:Friends over for dinner and drinks friday. Saturday was the Derby with some Elmer T Lee then got some sushi with the wife. Sunday took the pup for 6 mile walk. Not bad, it was nice to finally be outside!

cheers 
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by gvsparty Mon May 05, 2014 3:29 pm

Drank all day Saturday, went golfing yesterday. Pretty good weekend other than getting really sunburned at golf. tCoworkers have made sure I'm aware just how noticeable it is.
gvsparty
gvsparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon May 05, 2014 3:52 pm

SeeRockCity wrote:Slept on this with the twins (my boys) Saturday night:

I was stationed on the Abraham Lincoln.

After you sleep on one for three years, it loses some of it's luster.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down