Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex Wood to Detroit as part of a deal for Price?

+2
steveschneider
NigelUno
6 posters

Go down

Alex Wood to Detroit as part of a deal for Price? Empty Alex Wood to Detroit as part of a deal for Price?

Post by NigelUno 2015-07-30, 08:30

Braves just traded Wood and a bunch of guys to the Dodgers for some Cuban guy they fell in love with.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Alex Wood to Detroit as part of a deal for Price? Empty Re: Alex Wood to Detroit as part of a deal for Price?

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-30, 09:30

I'm not ruling out the Cubs or the Giants.

After the botched Gomez deal for the Mets would not be surprised if they pick up Cespedes. That would be great for the Tigers, the Willponds are so damn cheap I doubt they resign him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Alex Wood to Detroit as part of a deal for Price? Empty Re: Alex Wood to Detroit as part of a deal for Price?

Post by Ass Dan 2015-07-30, 09:49

If we can pry Julio Urias from the Dodgers, I'll be a happy guy.

Really hoping the Tigers allow teams to negotiate an extension with Price, would significantly beef up the return we'll get. After seeing what the Rangers gave up for Cole Hammels, I'm thinking this is going to be a very fun day.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-07-30, 09:52

https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/626751504037335041
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-30, 09:59

I still think Price is going to the Cubs, the front office wants him and I think there's interest from Price to play for Madden.

That's probably the team that feels like they have the best shot at more than just the remainder of the 2015 season.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2015-07-30, 10:00; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-07-30, 09:59

Apparently, Urias is off limits.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-30, 09:59

NM
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-07-30, 10:02

steveschneider wrote:I still think Price is going to the Cubs, the front office wants him and I think there's interest from Price to play for Madden.

That's probably the team that feels like they have the best shot at more than just the remainder of the 2015 season.

Cubs are 2.5 out of the wild card. Tigers are 3.5.

Is that the difference between buying and selling these days?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-30, 10:06

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I still think Price is going to the Cubs, the front office wants him and I think there's interest from Price to play for Madden.

The difference is this, the Cubs feel they have a great shot at having David Price for long term. The arrows are pointing up for that franchise and would be a great acquisition for the future.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-07-30, 11:10

NigelUno wrote:Apparently, Urias is off limits.

Link?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-30, 11:43

NigelUno wrote:

So you're saying there's a chance
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-30, 11:45

Ass Dan wrote:

Link?

WBH Twitter link above, saying no way the Dodgers give up Urias for a rental.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-07-30, 11:48

Ass Dan wrote:

Link?

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t7365-alex-wood-to-detroit-as-part-of-a-deal-for-price#157906
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-30, 11:49

steveschneider wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:

Link?

WBH Twitter link above, saying no way the Dodgers give up Urias for a rental.
Keith Law? That guy sucks.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down