Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever enjoyed listening to game broadcasts on the radio over TV?

+7
Tim Wakefield
steveschneider
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
11 posters

Go down

Ever enjoyed listening to game broadcasts on the radio over TV? Empty Ever enjoyed listening to game broadcasts on the radio over TV?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 14:20

I think listening to the Tigers on the radio has won me over.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ever enjoyed listening to game broadcasts on the radio over TV? Empty Re: Ever enjoyed listening to game broadcasts on the radio over TV?

Post by Rocinante Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 14:22

Definitely. Although Rod is pretty awesome.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ever enjoyed listening to game broadcasts on the radio over TV? Empty Re: Ever enjoyed listening to game broadcasts on the radio over TV?

Post by Turtleneck Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 14:48

Baseball was meant to be listened to on the radio.  Radio broadcasts are far better than television.

I often listen to MSU games on the radio/over the Internet.  Both football and basketball.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 14:52

Rocinante wrote:Definitely. Although Rod is pretty awesome.
You know how I know you live in wyoming and don't watch every game?

Unless you do watch every game. In which case let me just change that to "Rod sucks."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 15:01

Baseball is great on the radio.

I often listen to George Blaha and then there's Will Tieman......,,,,
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 15:07

So rod allen has joined the long list of folks that tiger fans dump on?

Dombrowski, verlander, Leyland, Inge, Nathan, Castellanos, Rayburn, Ausmus...

He's in pretty good company.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 15:11

steveschneider wrote:So rod allen has joined the long list of folks that tiger fans dump on?

Dombrowski, verlander, Leyland,  Inge, Nathan, Castellanos, Rayburn, Ausmus...

Lots of tigers fans like rod. I don't. 

Way to take one guys opinion and apply it to millions of people. Good on ya
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 16:40

steveschneider wrote:So rod allen has joined the long list of folks that tiger fans dump on?

Dombrowski, verlander, Leyland,  Inge, Nathan, Castellanos, Rayburn, Ausmus...

I've never cared much for Rod's schtick.....plus the fact they play up him being on the '84 team so much.   Christ he had 24 AB's and was gone by June.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 16:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think listening to the Tigers on the radio has won me over.
Dickerson is good, Price is ok.

The older guys (me included) got spoiled by Ernie Harwell and the Golden years when Ernie was paired with Paul Carey.   Seriously the only baseball radio guy I would put in Ernie's league would be Vin Scully. 

Do yourself a favor and listen to this sometime  - it's a small sample but you get a taste of both Ernie and Paul.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 17:02

Dickerson is awesome. I still prefer to watch the games but if radio is the only option, i'm not too upset
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 17:38

I used to listen to the radio when Ernie was doing it.

Now I watch baseball with the commentating turned off (MLB network) so I don't need to listen to those assclowns. Although just hearing the crowd can sometimes lull you to sleep... but that's what baseball does to you sometimes.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 18:00

Will Tieman sucks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 18:30

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think listening to the Tigers on the radio has won me over.
Dickerson is good, Price is ok.

The older guys (me included) got spoiled by Ernie Harwell and the Golden years when Ernie was paired with Paul Carey.   Seriously the only baseball radio guy I would put in Ernie's league would be Vin Scully. 

Do yourself a favor and listen to this sometime  - it's a small sample but you get a taste of both Ernie and Paul.

Jesus. I want to cry.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 19:33

Gibby was actually pretty good today.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 6 Aug 2015 - 20:38

DD is awesome. Price is awful. I know he has throat cancer or something but perhaps if the guy can't broadcast a game without a lozenge in his mouth it's time for him to hang 'em up?

It's hard to bargle nawdle zouss with all these marbles in my mouth.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down