Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welp, this will be the 5th year in a row I'm dragging my ass to the local POS high school teams game.

+9
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Vlad
Tim Wakefield
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
tTy
DWags
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welp, this will be the 5th year in a row I'm dragging my ass to the local POS high school teams game.  Empty Welp, this will be the 5th year in a row I'm dragging my ass to the local POS high school teams game.

Post by DWags August 27th 2015, 11:47 am

Coach is worthless.

Coach is the head of the Union. 4 years 8 total victories. It's like pulling teeth
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Welp, this will be the 5th year in a row I'm dragging my ass to the local POS high school teams game.  Empty Re: Welp, this will be the 5th year in a row I'm dragging my ass to the local POS high school teams game.

Post by tTy August 27th 2015, 11:51 am

Brings this to mind...

"That's a dang coaching mistake...the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up!"
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Welp, this will be the 5th year in a row I'm dragging my ass to the local POS high school teams game.  Empty Re: Welp, this will be the 5th year in a row I'm dragging my ass to the local POS high school teams game.

Post by steveschneider August 27th 2015, 11:53 am

Dwags any chance you could consult this bone head?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That August 27th 2015, 12:05 pm

Just drink before/during and enjoy some football
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose August 27th 2015, 12:06 pm

Easy solution. Get yourself banned by being one of those crazy parents that yells a lot and acts like a fool.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags August 27th 2015, 12:21 pm

I just sit and silently suffer. Daughters were in the dance team now just one is. The older one used to get pissed the younger doesn't care. I quit caring. Oldest used to yell to me "he's in a fricken gap 8 in the goal line dad!" Youngest could give a rip. Neither can I. I saw Dakota up by 49 points at half against us once.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield August 27th 2015, 12:43 pm

I'm going to a HS game tonight too. Sophomore cousin is starting at tailback after lighting up JV last year as a freshman. Really excited for him.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad August 27th 2015, 12:44 pm

Sounds like that coach needs to be fired.  Twisted Evil

I, on the other hand, live in the Mecca of HS football, but still haven't made it to a single game yet.  That's gonna change this fall!  Heck, a national powerhouse school plays right in my backyard!

Last edited by Vlad on August 27th 2015, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos August 27th 2015, 12:45 pm

Giant Moose wrote:Easy solution. Get yourself banned by being one of those crazy parents that yells a lot and acts like a fool.

Or just take your pants off and pee off of the bleachers.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay August 27th 2015, 12:51 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:Easy solution. Get yourself banned by being one of those crazy parents that yells a lot and acts like a fool.

Or just take your pants off and pee off of the bleachers.

Or show up naked covered entirely in body paint of the team colors.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan August 27th 2015, 1:06 pm

A benefit of my youngest graduating was not feeling duty bound to attend his high school's games. He liked to go because a lot of his friends from basketball and baseball played on the football team.

With him at MSU I get together with the father of one his basketball teammates and we choose 6-7 games we want to attend. This week its EGR vs GR Catholic Central
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield August 27th 2015, 1:41 pm

GRR, what district are you in if you don't mind me asking?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay August 27th 2015, 2:04 pm

Don't answer, GRR! You have a stalker!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield August 27th 2015, 2:05 pm

Grand Rapids is better than Detroit.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck August 27th 2015, 2:08 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:Grand Rapids is better than Detroit.

Only to people from Grand Rapids.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan August 27th 2015, 2:14 pm

Kent County O-K conference is close enough

With 6 divisions there is usually at least a couple of good games every week. 5 years ago who would have thought we'd ever see a Zeeland West - Zeeland East rivalry be competitive
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags August 27th 2015, 2:27 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Kent County O-K conference is close enough

With 6 divisions there is usually at least a couple of good games every week. 5 years ago who would have thought we'd ever see a Zeeland West - Zeeland East rivalry be competitive

I'd love to pick games in the area. Clarckston Dakota tonight. But I'm going to watch a 2 minute dance at half. Team has sucked for years. Fuck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield August 27th 2015, 2:32 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Kent County O-K conference is close enough

Cool. I played in the OK Black when it was newly formed.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags August 27th 2015, 2:32 pm

steveschneider wrote:Dwags any chance you could consult this bone head?

Been asked by the ad. Nope. Done. My coaching days were a decade ago. If you don't have the desire or energy you're ripping off the kids. Like this guy. I at least know I don't I'm just that critic in the stands now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway August 27th 2015, 2:32 pm

Ooooh 5 years, you should get a participation trophy.

I think I'm going on 8 or 9 years, though the local team typically makes the playoffs for one or two games.
Tonight will be a great night, right about 68 degrees at kickoff....much better than October and November games
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags August 27th 2015, 2:41 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:Ooooh 5 years, you should get a participation trophy.

I think I'm going on 8 or 9 years, though the local team typically makes the playoffs for one or two games.
Tonight will be a great night, right about 68 degrees at kickoff....much better than October and November games

I've got this year and two more after. I pretty much guarantee you they never sniff the playoffs.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That August 27th 2015, 3:32 pm

Am I the only one who despises watching high school football? 

It's brutal to watch. Or maybe our team just sucked, Wakefield?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield August 27th 2015, 3:37 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Am I the only one who despises watching high school football? 

Welp, this will be the 5th year in a row I'm dragging my ass to the local POS high school teams game.  502811600 we sucked. I'm only going to see my badass 14 year old cousin run all over a bunch of older guys
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags August 27th 2015, 3:45 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Am I the only one who despises watching high school football? 

I don't mind good HS ball. But it's hard to find. And for five years I've despised watching it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad August 27th 2015, 4:17 pm

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Dwags any chance you could consult this bone head?

I'm just that critic in the stands now.
Really? A critic huh?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags August 27th 2015, 4:42 pm

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'm just that critic in the stands now.
Really? A critic huh?

It's easy. I know exactly what they should have done right after they run a play. I know it's pussy, but at least I admit it and understand I don't have that desire or energy to coach. Y
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider August 27th 2015, 5:41 pm

I think the team from my high school was probably near the top for the conference, so I guess we were good. I thought the games sucked. I just remember it being a good time to socialize/hang out.

The worse high school sporting event is the wrestling meets. Bunch of dudes rolling around and grinding each other on a mat. Not my scene.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield August 27th 2015, 7:17 pm

My cousin took it to the house on the first drive! So proud of that kid
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags August 27th 2015, 7:27 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:My cousin took it to the house on the first drive! So proud of that kid

Call Dantonio. Offer now!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck August 27th 2015, 7:30 pm

DWags wrote:I just sit and silently suffer. Daughters were in the dance team now just one is. The older one used to get pissed the younger doesn't care. I quit caring. Oldest used to yell to me "he's in a fricken gap 8 in the goal line dad!" Youngest could give a rip. Neither can I. I saw Dakota up by 49 points at half against us once.

Your older daughter is qualified to write for 247. Your younger daughter probably is too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield August 27th 2015, 7:33 pm

DWags wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:My cousin took it to the house on the first drive! So proud of that kid

I feel old as shit. He was born in 2000 and is playing varsity football... Wut
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags August 27th 2015, 7:35 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:
DWags wrote:

I feel old as shit. He was born in 2000 and is playing varsity football... Wut
Hey harbs offered an 8th grader. Dantonio needs film on your cousin.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags August 27th 2015, 7:51 pm

Fuck. Losing 14-0 in the second quarter. I want to drink but I have to get up early and move the eldest to her dorm in EL. Sober, watching shitty football. Kill me
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield August 27th 2015, 7:52 pm

Up 30-6 in the 2nd. Might be outta here soon. 2nd stringers already in
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck August 27th 2015, 7:57 pm

I wonder if Loose is at Grayling v. Roscommon?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider August 27th 2015, 7:58 pm

DWags wrote:Fuck. Losing 14-0 in the second quarter. I want to drink but I have to get up early and move the eldest to her dorm in EL. Sober, watching shitty football. Kill me

Cracking open a beer for you dude. Here's to hoping for some better high school football for you.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield August 27th 2015, 9:28 pm

Wow I can't imagine what it'll be like when my own kid is playing. My cuz fumbled and I felt like i got stabbed Welp, this will be the 5th year in a row I'm dragging my ass to the local POS high school teams game.  502811600 Ended up with 100ish yards on 6 carries with a TD and a fumble. Good win.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield September 11th 2015, 10:49 pm

Cousin went for 170ish and 3 TDs tonight according to my uncle Welp, this will be the 5th year in a row I'm dragging my ass to the local POS high school teams game.  3493939353
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags September 11th 2015, 10:50 pm

We were losing 35-0 at half. I left.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine September 11th 2015, 10:53 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:Grand Rapids is better than Detroit.

+1
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next