Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?

+10
The_Dude
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
Herbie Green
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Rocinante
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  Empty Re: Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-01, 09:40

Men wear pants.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  Empty Re: Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-01, 09:40

So you should probably wear shorts.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-01, 09:40

I'm wearing shorts. Probably even cargo shorts. And Sandals. I don't own any tennis shoes.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-01, 09:43

Jorts
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-01, 09:43

Cargo jorts

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-01, 10:04

Where would you go after the game that will deny you for wearing shorts? I doubt there's a place in EL that would.

Think I'm going shorts and bringing a crew neck in case it gets chilly.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-09-01, 10:07

Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  Simple-Design-of-Men-Fashion-Pants-2013-and-Fashion-Trends-2015
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-09-01, 10:10

Yes
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-01, 10:10

I'm not sure I own a pair of shorts that aren't meant to either run or ride in.. if I do, I have no idea where they are.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-01, 10:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Where would you go after the game that will deny you for wearing shorts? I doubt there's a place in EL that would.

Bob's After Hours Party has a dress code.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-01, 10:12

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Where would you go after the game that will deny you for wearing shorts? I doubt there's a place in EL that would.

Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-01, 10:15

NigelUno wrote:

Once again, thank you for handling ticket sales. I hope we can raise a decent amount for that Kentucky woman being victimized by the federal government.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-01, 10:16

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Once again, thank you for handling ticket sales. I hope we can raise a decent amount for that Kentucky woman being victimized by the federal government.

All revenue will be used for kegs and red solo cups.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-01, 10:17

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I hope Bob's band does a cover of the red solo cup song.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-01, 10:17

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

is it still in the plans to hire a band to play in the back yard?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-01, 10:17

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  502811600

we were both thinking music - my thought was just a tad bit better.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-01, 10:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

is it still in the plans to hire a band to play in the back yard?

Its a Taylor Swift cover band, right up your alley, Bob.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-01, 10:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  502811600

I just want to make sure the music fits the party's theme...Bob's All-American Spartan Patriot Fest.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-01, 10:24

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  502811600

I just want to make sure the music fits the party's theme...Bob's All-American Spartan Patriot Fest.
sounds like the sort of night suited for The Hold Steady..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-09-01, 10:29

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  502811600

I predict mayhem. You can't be a patriot without a little riot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-01, 10:30

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-01, 10:31

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Please do not deflate any of the hype for Bob's All-American Spartan Patriot Fest.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-01, 10:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

sounds like the sort of night suited for The Hold Steady..

We might as well have the party at the library if Hold Steady is going to be there.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-01, 10:33

Worried HopCat won't let you in if you wear shorts?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-01, 10:33

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:sounds like the sort of night suited for The Hold Steady..

We might as well have the party at the library if Hold Steady is going to be there.
clearly you've never been to a Hold Steady show. Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-09-01, 10:34

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Please do not deflate any of the hype for Bob's All-American Spartan Patriot Fest.

Quite the contrary. The agenda page in my party-planning notebook has only one item listed for Bob's party: Debauchery. It helps that Bob and I are neighbors and I'll be able to stumble home so I can puke in my own toilet.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-01, 10:38

[quote="Turtleneck"]
Robert J Sakimano wrote:sounds like the sort of night suited for The Hold Steady..

it's gonna be a Killer Party..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-01, 10:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

clearly you've never been to a Hold Steady show.  Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  3493939353

If a Hold Steady show is code for a large gathering of people watching paint dry, then no, I have never been to a Hold Steady show. Maybe you can book these guys....

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-01, 10:40

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
clearly you've never been to a Hold Steady show.  Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  3493939353

If a Hold Steady show is code for a large gathering of people watching paint dry, then no, I have never been to a Hold Steady show. Maybe you can book these guys....

Shocked - that's not really my genre.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-01, 10:41

Well, they can play at the second stage at tGreenway's house (since you're neighbors).
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-09-01, 10:42

Turtleneck wrote:Well, they can play at the second stage at tGreenway's house (since you're neighbors).

I'm not second stage to anybody, bitch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-01, 10:44

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Well, they can play at the second stage at tGreenway's house (since you're neighbors).

I'm not second stage to anybody, bitch.
Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  1966794946

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-09-01, 10:45

gHost Spartan wrote:drunken

Its early September, technically still summer. I'm guessing temps in the 70s during the day, maybe a little chillier at night, but in a packed stadium that doesn't really matter much. As a general rule, shorts during an evening event is kind of frowned upon, from a fashion standpoint, and post-game you could be eliminated from certain establishments unless you're dressed appropriately. For these reasons, I'm leaning toward jeans. However, I also don't want to be uncomfortable during the day if its really hot. I suppose I could bring a pair of jeans to the game and ditch them in a bush or something near Spartan Stadium then change after the game and toss my shorts in the trash so I can head out post-game. This one is really causing me a lot of stress. Any suggestions?

FYI - last year when I went to Autzen for the MSU game I wore jeans.

Whatever you do, make your decision now, and don't look back. Under no circumstances should you wait until game day.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-01, 10:47

Brock Middlebrook wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:drunken

Its early September, technically still summer. I'm guessing temps in the 70s during the day, maybe a little chillier at night, but in a packed stadium that doesn't really matter much. As a general rule, shorts during an evening event is kind of frowned upon, from a fashion standpoint, and post-game you could be eliminated from certain establishments unless you're dressed appropriately. For these reasons, I'm leaning toward jeans. However, I also don't want to be uncomfortable during the day if its really hot. I suppose I could bring a pair of jeans to the game and ditch them in a bush or something near Spartan Stadium then change after the game and toss my shorts in the trash so I can head out post-game. This one is really causing me a lot of stress. Any suggestions?

FYI - last year when I went to Autzen for the MSU game I wore jeans.

Whatever you do, make your decision now, and don't look back. Under no circumstances should you wait until game day.

Personally, I would wear something like this...

Oregon @ Spartans Game: Should I wear shorts or jeans to the game?  $_35
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-09-01, 10:49

Turtleneck wrote:
Brock Middlebrook wrote:

Then, at the party, we can smoke it. For medicinal purposes, obviously.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-01, 10:49

Turtleneck wrote:
Brock Middlebrook wrote:

We aren't playing Stanford.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-01, 10:52

since you're sort of in charge of entertainment, how do you feel about scheduling Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-01, 11:00

He's English so that is a problem...but I will let it go. I mean, they are the people that gave us Oasis and there is not much they can do to make up for that.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-01, 11:02

Turtleneck wrote:He's English so that is a problem...but I will let it go. I mean, they are the people that gave us Oasis and there is not much they can do to make up for that.
you're a good man.

and I'll let your commentary about The Hold Steady slide.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-09-01, 11:11

Stop being a fag. You'll needs jeans on as it will get cool around 11:00.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next