Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka Charged With 3rd Degree Murder..

5 posters

Go down

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka Charged With 3rd Degree Murder..  Empty Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka Charged With 3rd Degree Murder..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 9/1/2015, 3:40 pm

ex GF - died 32 years ago.

Jimmy Snuka
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka Charged With 3rd Degree Murder..  Empty Re: Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka Charged With 3rd Degree Murder..

Post by steveschneider 9/1/2015, 3:56 pm

My two favorite wrestlers growing up were Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Superfly Snuka. This has not been a good summer for my favorites.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka Charged With 3rd Degree Murder..  Empty Re: Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka Charged With 3rd Degree Murder..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 9/1/2015, 3:59 pm

steveschneider wrote:My two favorite wrestlers growing up were Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy Superfly Snuka. This has not been a good summer for my favorites.
yeah - Dusty Rhodes died a month or two ago, as well.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 9/1/2015, 4:01 pm

Is Jake the Snake Roberts still around? It'll be incredible if he outlives them all.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 9/1/2015, 4:03 pm

steveschneider wrote:Is Jake the Snake Roberts still around? It'll be incredible if he outlives them all.
without hittin' up Wikipedia, I don't know.

I was a Ric Flair guy when I was a kid.. back in the early days of Jim Crockett's mid-Atlantic region stuff. Loved it when professional wrestling was mainly regional - back in the late 70's or so.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 9/1/2015, 4:04 pm

George the animal Steele is still alive, that's all that matters to me.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 9/1/2015, 4:53 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Is Jake the Snake Roberts still around? It'll be incredible if he outlives them all.

I was a Ric Flair guy when I was a kid.. back in the early days of Jim Crockett's mid-Atlantic region stuff. Loved it when professional wrestling was mainly regional - back in the late 70's or so.

It still kind of is, there's a big New Jersey back yard wrestling scene. Pretty illegal. I think they are way into that extreme shit. Never got into that extreme shit, I just like the un pc shit. I remember a promo with Mr. Fuji where he warned a wrestler he had a surprise for the wrestler, and then he goes 'pearl harbor' and then laughs like a deviant. It would piss me off so much I couldn't wait to see his wrestler get his ass kicked in a fake match.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 9/1/2015, 5:48 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I took you for a junkyard dog fan........
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 9/2/2015, 12:43 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:without hittin' up Wikipedia, I don't know.

nope - was Ric Flair all the way...

I also remember being freaked out by Abdullah the Butcher when I was a kid - the "Man From Sudan". Dude was freaky and would bleed like a stuck pig.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 9/2/2015, 12:49 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

nope - was Ric Flair all the way...

I also remember being freaked out by Abdullah the Butcher when I was a kid - the "Man From Sudan". Dude was freaky and would bleed like a stuck pig.

Why would you openly support an industry that continuously portrays minorities and ethnic groups as villains. Especially in the early years. Lost a lot of respect for you Bob.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 9/2/2015, 12:49 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:nope - was Ric Flair all the way...

Why would you openly support an industry that continuously portrays minorities and ethnic groups as villains.  Especially in the early years.  Lost a lot of respect for you Bob.
I'm down with the free market.. especially when I was 8 years old in 1977.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 1/17/2017, 5:25 pm

Just days after charges were dropped, he's dead. RIP Superfly

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka Charged With 3rd Degree Murder..  Th?id=OIP.M1ad92200076ef203978bf2acb09da8b0o0&pid=15

"Jimmy Snuka had been battling stomach cancer and was given six months to live in December. He was also supposedly suffering from dementia.
Snuka, a native of Fiji, was famous for his tremendous passion and high-flying style of wrestling. He became well-known across the world by wrestling in what was then the WWF from 1982-85. Snuka later returned to the company in 1989-92 before being inducted into what is now the WWE Hall of Fame in 1996.
Snuka was best known for his signature "Superfly Splash" finishing maneuver, which gained mainstream attention during his most famous match in Madison Square Garden. Snuka took on Don Muraco on Oct. 17, 1983, inside a steel cage in a match he would go on to lose. After the match ended, however, Snuka rolled Muraco back into the ring, climbed to the top of the 15-foot-high steel cage and hit his signature splash to the crowd's delight."

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/wwe-legend-jimmy-superfly-snuka-213000325.html
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down