Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jury duty isnt as fun as the movie Jury Duty

+18
The Pantry
y2kMgrad
AMwood
StylesGShmooth
Herbie Green
Ted Brogan
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
pulling69
Other Teams Pursuing That
SpartyScotty
Giant Moose
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

jury duty isnt as fun as the movie Jury Duty Empty jury duty isnt as fun as the movie Jury Duty

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-06, 12:35

jury duty isnt as fun as the movie Jury Duty Jury_dutyposter
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

jury duty isnt as fun as the movie Jury Duty Empty Re: jury duty isnt as fun as the movie Jury Duty

Post by Turtleneck 2015-10-06, 12:36

What is the food like?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

jury duty isnt as fun as the movie Jury Duty Empty Re: jury duty isnt as fun as the movie Jury Duty

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-06, 12:39

don't drop the soap

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-06, 12:52

Turtleneck wrote:What is the food like?

No food

Asked the bailiff about our government required 1.5 hour lunch break after sitting around doing nothing for 4 hours and he said we wouldn't be going at noon. So I fed the meter and then we broke at noon.
I could have been having a delicious microwaved bowl of pasta from olive garden instead of going across the street and paying for food like some peasant... very disappointing
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-06, 13:03

Are you on an actual jury, or just part of the selection pool?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-10-06, 13:07

I had jury duty once. Never got called in.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-06, 13:29

InTenSity wrote:Are you on an actual jury, or just part of the selection pool?

So far just swimming in a smaller pool than i started
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-10-06, 13:32

I have not been called, but am also in the pool right now. Currently they are like 200 numbers before me but my time goes until December... We'll see. That 30 bucks a day will come in handy...

Rolling Eyes
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-10-06, 13:33

Rocinante wrote:I have not been called, but am also in the pool right now. Currently they are like 200 numbers before me but my tone goes until December... We'll see. That 30 bucks a day will come in handy...

:rolleyes:
Wow, it must be some case to get the entire population of Wyoming involved.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-10-06, 13:34

Giant Moose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I have not been called, but am also in the pool right now. Currently they are like 200 numbers before me but my tone goes until December... We'll see. That 30 bucks a day will come in handy...

:rolleyes:
Wow, it must be some case to get the entire population of Wyoming involved.

Good one!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-06, 13:39

I've served on two different juries in East Lansing District Court (54-B).

One of them at first glance seemed sort of serious with terms like "domestic violence" and "assault" thrown around - as it turns out, it ended up being a silly argument about a trivial issue between two roommates in a dorm room. Rather than just letting it go, one of the roommates pressed charges.

the other was a bit more serious where a young lady felt as though she was subjected to sexual misconduct in a laundry room of an apartment complex. I felt kind of bad for everyone involved.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyScotty 2015-10-06, 14:37

Stupid white people movies.
SpartyScotty
SpartyScotty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-06, 14:40

SpartyScotty wrote:Stupid white people movies.

What's your favorite, Soul Plane or Friday?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-10-06, 15:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've served on two different juries in East Lansing District Court (54-B).

One of them at first glance seemed sort of serious with terms like "domestic violence" and "assault" thrown around - as it turns out, it ended up being a silly argument about a trivial issue between two roommates in a dorm room. Rather than just letting it go, one of the roommates pressed charges.

the other was a bit more serious where a young lady felt as though she was subjected to sexual misconduct in a laundry room of an apartment complex. I felt kind of bad for everyone involved.

So you have met blanch in person then.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-06, 15:33

pulling69 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've served on two different juries in East Lansing District Court (54-B).

So you have met blanch in person then.
no - we weren't allowed to speak to the defendant.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-06, 15:34

I feel like Adam Sandler with Chris Farley on snl

GOD GIVE ME CANCER NOW

jury duty isnt as fun as the movie Jury Duty Hear_that_hank
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyScotty 2015-10-06, 15:45

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
SpartyScotty wrote:Stupid white people movies.

You think that's funny or something?
SpartyScotty
SpartyScotty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-10-06, 15:46

SpartyScotty wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Friday was pretty funny. Soul Plane? Not so much.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyScotty 2015-10-06, 15:47

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
SpartyScotty wrote:

I was talking more about his inference that all black people have one of those two movies as their favorite.

For his info, Harlem Nights is mine.
SpartyScotty
SpartyScotty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-10-06, 15:54

SpartyScotty wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I was talking more about his inference that all black people have one of those two movies as their favorite.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-06, 17:02

Not picked, feels wonderful
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-06, 17:18

Did the courthouse have an escalator?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-06, 17:19

Was the judge naked underneath his/her robe?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-06, 17:38

Closest I came was years ago during the Steven Grant trial, the guy who hacked up his wife and got rid of her body up north. Made it through two rounds then got cut, thankfully, because that trial went in for a while.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan 2015-10-06, 17:41

In the Army Now is better.
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-06, 17:44

SpartyScotty wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You inferred it. He implied it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-10-06, 20:20

I just had Jury duty this week and actually got picked. It was a civil case that was going to last 3-4 days but the judge threw it out towards the end of the first day. Ironically the subject was - a shooting.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-06, 20:38

tGreenWay wrote:Was the judge naked underneath his/her robe?

Hope so, she was pretty milfy
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-10-06, 20:39

I've got the letter to call in for a week 3 times.  2 in East Lansing, 1 in Lansing Circuit Court.  I think I remembered to make the call to see if I had to come in maybe half the days.  The one in Lansing said I was supposed to come in the next day, but I drank a lot that night and woke up too late.  Called the City Clerk's office and gave a very much fictitious excuse about why I didn't make it.  So far, I haven't been served a Contempt of Court warrant.

For the record, and probably contrary to what Bob would say, I'm a bad American; there's no way in hell they're getting me on an actual jury.  F uck my civic duty.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-10-06, 21:02

Herbie Green wrote:I just had Jury duty this week and actually got picked. It was a civil case that was going to last 3-4 days but the judge threw it out towards the end of the first day. Ironically the subject was - a shooting.

Thats not ironic. It would have been ironic if the judge pulked out a gun and started shooting jurists.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-06, 21:15

AMwood wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I just had Jury duty this week and actually got picked. It was a civil case that was going to last 3-4 days but the judge threw it out towards the end of the first day. Ironically the subject was - a shooting.

Thats not ironic. It would have been ironic if the judge pulked out a gun and started shooting jurists.

Or if there was a no smoking sign on your cigarette break
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-10-06, 21:19

Yeah yeah ok "oddly enough" or something?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-06, 21:30

tGreenWay wrote:Did the courthouse have an escalator?

They had a stacked set of broken escalators in the back... kind of
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-10-06, 22:48

Was on the jury for a medical malpractice case a few years ago. I was voted to be the foreman, no idea why. Damn thing lasted a week and a half.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-06, 23:02

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Did the courthouse have an escalator?

They had a stacked set of broken escalators in the back... kind of

Doesn't matter. Roc is still going to be envious.
Meanwhile, where are the pics of this milfy judge? Where was this? I want to google and then creep this woman.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-04-29, 14:09

My kid got notice for jury duty at U.S. District Court in Detroit. It says he has 10 days to fill out an online juror qualification form. Anyone know what questions they ask?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-29, 14:17

The Pantry wrote:My kid got notice for jury duty at U.S. District Court in Detroit. It says he has 10 days to fill out an online juror qualification form. Anyone know what questions they ask?

Basic stuff
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-04-29, 14:27

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:My kid got notice for jury duty at U.S. District Court in Detroit. It says he has 10 days to fill out an online juror qualification form. Anyone know what questions they ask?

Basic stuff
Thanks.

This one looks like a pretty easy out.

14. Attached is a list of the parties in this case, the law firms
representing the parties, attorneys in this case, and persons
who are potential witnesses in this case. Do you know, or
think you know, any of the persons listed?
Yes:_____ No:_____
If so, make a check next to their name.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-29, 14:44

Make sure to find out the case. I'm bored.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-06, 09:03

I’m putting CBs assertion to the test today. I feel like the reason it wasn’t as much fun as Pauline Shore had is mostly his fault
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next