Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sark taking a leave

+5
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
DWags
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
9 posters

Go down

Article Sark taking a leave

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-11, 17:42

Sounds like he showed up for work a little under the weather, sic.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/10/11/9500833/steve-sarkisian-taking-leave-of-absence-as-usc-head-coach-according
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Article Re: Sark taking a leave

Post by Heat Miser 2015-10-11, 17:44

Probably went on a bender after USC shit the bed Thursday night.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-11, 17:58

I'd love to party with that fucker.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-11, 18:15

Fucking world today - a guy can't even have a drink.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-11, 18:26

I'll bet the guys who told him to take a leave were drunk at some point this weekend.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-11, 18:37

DWags wrote:I'll bet the guys who told him to take a leave were drunk at some point this weekend.

Sonsabitches
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-11, 19:14

InsideUSC@InsideUSC 7m7 minutes ago
BREAKING: Some #USC assistant coaches believed Steve Sarkisian was drunk during the Arizona State game on Sept. 26.

yikes
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-11, 19:17

Floyd Robertson wrote:InsideUSC@InsideUSC 7m7 minutes ago
BREAKING: Some #USC assistant coaches believed Steve Sarkisian was drunk during the Arizona State game on Sept. 26.

yikes

Fuck I was too during that game. Sark rocks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-11, 19:19

Sarkisian's life has not been placid for over 6 months.  His wife of 17-18 years tok their 3 kids and filed for divorce in April .  That set the stage for him having to sell his $6M home.  
Then he showed up under the influence at the alumni gathering and now this.  It's a way for AD Pat Haden to start his coaching search with a cleaner deck.
Don't know if Chip Kelly who's making $6.5M as the Eagles coach and GM would leave for USC but USC has a load of alums with deep pockets to give Kelly or someone else the same kind of NFL type money Saban and other college coaches are making.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-11, 19:34

Holy shit! Sark taking a leave 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-11, 19:35

GRR Spartan wrote:Sarkisian's life has not been placid for over 6 months.  His wife of 17-18 years tok their 3 kids and filed for divorce in April .  That set the stage for him having to sell his $6M home.  
Then he showed up under the influence at the alumni gathering and now this.  It's a way for AD Pat Haden to start his coaching search with a cleaner deck.
Don't know if Chip Kelly who's making $6.5M as the Eagles coach and GM would leave for USC but USC has a load of alums with deep pockets to give Kelly or someone else the same kind of NFL type money Saban and other college coaches are making.

that good of job to leave the NFL?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-11, 20:00

Kelly's a proven college coach.  His name's been floated by others and we don't know what the Eagles ownership is going to think of Kelly come late November or December.

He's in his 3rd season and still hasn't re-invented the NFL game.  My opinion is Kelly's offensive scheme is to the NFL to what RichRod's schemes were to the Big Ten.

USC's AD Haden has told Sarkisian to take a leave of absence to so he can get his life in order.  It's suspected part of that process will involve treatment for alcohol and or substance abuse.  

Does anyone think having a HC at a high profile school like USC who had to take a leave of absence is a plus for recruiting?  Especially when UCLA right across town is having recruiting success.

Haden is setting the table to hire a new coach.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-11, 20:47

Odds on USC"s next coach.

Chris Peterson:  2 to 1 Interviewed for the job before, just beat their ass.   Second time a charm?

Kevin Sumlin:  4 to 1 Doing great right now, but LA and a bigger stage and recruiting California without the SEC sniffing around might be huge.

James Franklin: 10 to 1  Just the shallow kind of weasle Haden would look for.  Phony, high energy, decent reruiter.  If there was ever a coach I'd like to kick in the nuts. 

Saban:  ;15 to 1.  He's on his last job, but any number over 6 million a year plus incentives the odds get better and better.

Kelly:  20 to 1.  Nope, not that one, the Irish kind. 

Harbaugh 25 to 1.  Maybe they'd take a flyer and just kind of call his agent.

Narduzzi 30 to 1 but I won't be shocked if he has a decent season to see "bigger" more established programs ax him.  Lets hope he's back where he belongs in 5 years or so..
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-11, 21:03

Saw a thing on Twitter tonight that last year on the way back from Wazzou he got drunk and passed out on the plane and players were taking pictures.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-11, 23:19

USA Today and Bleacher Report pieces are out there questioning AD Haden saying he had been aware of Sarkisian's alcohol issues at Washington and questioning if Haden should leave too.

I suspect the next coach is the last time Haden will be hiring USC's football coach. He'll get on more chance because Haden is the poster child for USC athletics. They will give their former QB/Rhodes Scholar/lawyer AD a long rope.

I agree with DWags, Saban isn't going anywhere. He's settled in AL. Has ownership shares in 2 Merecedes dealerships and a newly married daughter whose investment advisor husband won't ever see a better list of clients wanting him to handle their money.

Peterson was interested because he interviewed before. Sumlin could be effective because he's won in Houston, is winning at TAMU and can recruit. Put Sumlin in the LA basin plus his contacts in Texas would be a helluva base. Franklin hasn't blown them away at PSU yet.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 08:18

GRR Spartan wrote:USA Today and Bleacher Report pieces are out there questioning AD Haden saying he had been aware of Sarkisian's alcohol issues at Washington and questioning if Haden should leave too.

I suspect the next coach is the last time Haden will be hiring USC's football coach. He'll get on more chance because Haden is the poster child for USC athletics. They will give their former QB/Rhodes Scholar/lawyer AD a long rope.

I agree with DWags, Saban isn't going anywhere. He's settled in AL. Has ownership shares in 2 Merecedes dealerships and a newly married daughter whose investment advisor husband won't ever see a better list of clients wanting him to handle their money.

Peterson was interested because he interviewed before. Sumlin could be effective because he's won in Houston, is winning at TAMU and can recruit. Put Sumlin in the LA basin plus his contacts in Texas would be a helluva base. Franklin hasn't blown them away at PSU yet.

DWags? Guy can't even handle being a mod.

Saban was leaving for Texas if he won the National Championship (at Bama) in 2013. He's past his normal exit stage already. There are only a few places he would go. USC would be one of them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-12, 09:09

Nigel, do Ephors avoid chronology?

Saban acquired the Mercedes dealership after Texas didn't express interest to his agent floating Saban's name to certain Texas people.
That's post football income. If Saban leaves for another job it's probably back to the NFL but does any major football school or NFL team want to hire a coach who will be 64 in two week?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 09:24

GRR Spartan wrote:Nigel, do Ephors avoid chronology?

Saban acquired the Mercedes dealership after Texas didn't express interest to his agent floating Saban's name to certain Texas people.
That's post football income. If Saban leaves for another job it's probably back to the NFL but does any major football school or NFL team want to hire a coach who will be 64 in two week?

I doubt Saban's "ownership" in a car dealership would keep him at Alabama.

There are only a few schools that are big enough (ELITE) for him to go to. USC is one of those schools.

He might be at his last job, but his agent will continue working it like he's not. If he wins a National Championship at Bama this year, it would be a great time to leave and resurrect another elite program. He has a huge ego...going to USC would feed it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-12, 09:30

I agree with Nigel. I'm not predicting he's going to USC but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. I would be surprised if Bama is his last stop, college or pro. And I would think he's still highly sought after, despite his age.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-12, 10:04

I'm not a big Saban fan but the college landscape has changed. Recruiting has changed. 85 scholarship limit and with the 24/7 glare on recruiting it's harder to cut corners. Plus at 64 his age is a big issue at a new school.

He'll be 64 in less than 3 weeks. If he wants to continue coaching in college he'll never see another school give him the assets to build contending teams the way Alabama does.

If he wanted to go to the NFL which is filled with football gypsies age isn't a big deal to players. Owners might have a tougher time with it.

Saban and his partner went through a lawsuit to by the former owners of dealership in Hoover and also purchased the rights for a 2nd dealership (which was part of the law suit). Those dealership lose a lot of value if Saban leaves Alabama for another college job. He retires from Alabama those dealerships are an annuity for his wife and children.

Haden could hire Petersen but that would be a very public mea culpa since he hired Sarkisian after interviewing Petersen last time.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-12, 10:12

GRR Spartan wrote:I'm not a big Saban fan but the college landscape has changed. Recruiting has changed. 85 scholarship limit and with the 24/7 glare on recruiting it's harder to cut corners. Plus at 64 his age is a big issue at a new school.

He'll be 64 in less than 3 weeks. If he wants to continue coaching in college he'll never see another school give him the assets to build contending teams the way Alabama does.

If he wanted to go to the NFL which is filled with football gypsies age isn't a big deal to players. Owners might have a tougher time with it.

Saban and his partner went through a lawsuit to by the former owners of dealership in Hoover and also purchased the rights for a 2nd dealership (which was part of the law suit). Those dealership lose a lot of value if Saban leaves Alabama for another college job. He retires from Alabama those dealerships are an annuity for his wife and children.

Haden could hire Petersen but that would be a very public mea culpa since he hired Sarkisian after interviewing Petersen last time.

USC practically sells itself though. A great recruiter like him could haul in just about anything he wants and that school has plenty of talent in its own backyard.

Also, I think Hollywood or some rich alumn could offer up Saban enough that would earn him more money than those Alabama car dealerships.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-12, 10:19

Saban could go to USC. I said so.

You guys are dumb. Read my post again. I've got the odds of him going.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-10-12, 10:21

Lol if people really think Bama is Saban's last job
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 10:24

GRR Spartan wrote:I'm not a big Saban fan but the college landscape has changed. Recruiting has changed. 85 scholarship limit and with the 24/7 glare on recruiting it's harder to cut corners. Plus at 64 his age is a big issue at a new school.

USC is a private school with a lot of resources. I don't think they would have any problem offering Saban whatever he wanted.

Saban is a part "owner" in a car dealership for marketing purposes. That's not going to keep him in Alabama. They sell cars in LA too.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-12, 10:27

NigelUno wrote:

USC is a private school with a lot of resources. I don't think they would have any problem offering Saban whatever he wanted.

Saban is a part "owner" in a car dealership for marketing purposes. That's not going to keep him in Alabama. They sell cars in LA too.

15 to 1. I say. He definitely could go. The more money they offer, the better chance he does. Odds would narrow.

But I already said that.

I think Peterson or Sumlin might be more likely to go.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 10:31

DWags wrote:Saban could go to USC. I said so.

You guys are dumb. Read my post again. I've got the odds of him going.

Who are you calling dumb? Your hat is on too tight.

At this point, USC might be the only college job that fits. Texas looks to be keeping Strong another year. No other high profile gig meets his criteria (or would have an opening).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-12, 10:34

What about Pete Caroll returning to USC? Things aren't going so well in Seattle.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-12, 10:39

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:Saban could go to USC. I said so.  

You guys are dumb.  Read my post again.  I've got the odds of him going.  

Who are you calling dumb?  Your hat is on too tight.

At this point, USC might be the only college job that fits.  Texas looks to be keeping Strong another year.  No other high profile gig meets his criteria (or would have an opening).

I'm calling the people in here who don't thinkI believe Saban could go to USC dumb.   He could.   I think you and I would place different odds on it.  I think USC would rather have Peterson or Sumlin first.   I have no inside information on it.  Just my opinion.  I do think Saban could go to USC.  I would put him at double figure odds.  Sounds like you'd like to take that in a horse race.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-12, 10:39

steveschneider wrote:What about Pete Caroll returning to USC? Things aren't going so well in Seattle.

100 to 1.

That ship sailed with Reggie  Bush's returning the Heisman, but USC has no shame, they might.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 10:48

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Who are you calling dumb?  Your hat is on too tight.

At this point, USC might be the only college job that fits.  Texas looks to be keeping Strong another year.  No other high profile gig meets his criteria (or would have an opening).

I'm calling the people in here who don't thinkI believe Saban could go to USC dumb.   He could.   I think you and I would place different odds on it.  I think USC would rather have Peterson or Sumlin first.   I have no inside information on it.  Just my opinion.  I do think Saban could go to USC.  I would put him at double figure odds.  Sounds like you'd like to take that in a horse race.

I'm not sure Saban and Pat Haden would get along. But, I'm sure some boosters could make it work.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-12, 10:49

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'm not sure Saban and Pat Haden would get along.  But, I'm sure some boosters could make it work.  

I think Pat Haden has used up all of his good will there at SC.   I don't think Saban would have to worry about that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 16:40

Sark fired.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-12, 17:20

NigelUno wrote:Sark fired.

That escalated quickly.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-12, 17:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Sark fired.

That escalated quickly.

My guess is they waited until today to have the lawyers look over the contract and make sure they could fire him with cause.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-12, 17:40

NigelUno wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

That escalated quickly.

My guess is they waited until today to have the lawyers look over the contract and make sure they could fire him with cause.

Dollars to donuts that is correct. Conduct unbecoming.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-10-12, 18:10

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I'm not sure Saban and Pat Haden would get along.  But, I'm sure some boosters could make it work.  

I think Pat Haden has used up all of his good will there at SC.   I don't think Saban would have to worry about that.

Haden is done as well if proof he knew the coach was an alchy from his Washington days
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-12, 18:16

Thought Haden was getting ready to pull the trigger and Nigel nailed it.

USC went over his contract and probably got some signed / notarized statements from Sarkisian's staff who were tired of covering for him.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-12-07, 13:06

Shocking.

Sarkisian files wrongful termination suit vs. USC
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)