Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“It looked like the kind of thing you might expect an alien civilization to build.”

+9
I.B. Fine
DWags
Jake from State Farm
Code_Warrior
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
13 posters

Go down

“It looked like the kind of thing you might expect an alien civilization to build.” Empty “It looked like the kind of thing you might expect an alien civilization to build.”

Post by NigelUno Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Wut?

http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2015/10/the-most-interesting-star-in-our-galaxy/410023/

"...the unusual star’s light pattern is consistent with a “swarm of megastructures,” perhaps stellar-light collectors, technology designed to catch energy from the star."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

“It looked like the kind of thing you might expect an alien civilization to build.” Empty Re: “It looked like the kind of thing you might expect an alien civilization to build.”

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:40 pm

saw the thread title and the first thing I thought of was that godforsaken art museum on campus
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

“It looked like the kind of thing you might expect an alien civilization to build.” Empty Re: “It looked like the kind of thing you might expect an alien civilization to build.”

Post by InTenSity Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Maybe the telescope is turned the wrong way.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:49 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:saw the thread title and the first thing I thought of was that godforsaken art museum on campus

I don't mind that place, Bob.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:saw the thread title and the first thing I thought of was that godforsaken art museum on campus

Agreed. Plus, it looks like a shark as you approach it heading east on Grand River.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:28 pm

I just find it hideously ugly... and looks completely out of place.

of course, I've never been accused of being some sort of high-brow art enthusiast.. I don't own a pair of sandals... don't own any khakis.. not a fan of wine, etc.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:45 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

of course, I've never been accused of being some sort of high-brow art enthusiast.. I don't own a pair of sandals... don't own any khakis.. not a fan of wine, etc.

You should really get a pair of sandals. They make your feet feel free as ever, like a good American's feet should.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You should really get a pair of sandals. They make your feet feel free as ever, like a good American's feet should.
“It looked like the kind of thing you might expect an alien civilization to build.” 502811600

that's part of the problem - I don't really want to look like the average American I see walking around.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:20 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I agree Bob, my Vietnamese wife and I both thought it looked hideous and totally out of place. I thought it was a liberal conspiracy, but now that I see that you hate it, it might just be a conservative plot to discredit liberals.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:27 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I agree Bob, my Vietnamese wife and I both thought it looked hideous and totally out of place. I thought it was a liberal conspiracy, but now that I see that you hate it, it might just be a conservative plot to discredit liberals.

“It looked like the kind of thing you might expect an alien civilization to build.” 502811600

I think you were trying to be funny, but I'm not sure.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:28 pm

Well they have to build the death star somewhere.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:33 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:

I think you were trying to be funny, but I'm not sure.
Yes, I was being funny. Yes tWife and I both think it's hideous.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:35 pm

We might be getting invaded and you guys are talking about the art center?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:41 pm

DWags wrote:We might be getting invaded and you guys are talking about the art center?
Are you saying aliens built the new art center? I could see that.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:50 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:
DWags wrote:We might be getting invaded and you guys are talking about the art center?
Are you saying aliens built the new art center? I could see that.

Drunk aliens
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:31 pm

We gone
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:45 pm

We can't even get a healthy panic going anymore. You fuckers are jaded.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Once you get inside, it's pretty cool.

And, they have one of those fancy coffee places in there.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:52 pm

I got to check out the re-design exhibts of East Lansing at the art place. It was trying to portray how they would change EL's roads, infrastructure, buildigns, etc to make the city more efficient and a joint community without Grand River dividing MSU and EL.

Am I the only who actually likes how campus is it's own world?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:53 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I don't know about ugly, but here is a vote for "out of place". Don't like it imposed within the brown brick of the collegiate buildings. Same with the gerbil house parking structure. The design to the building is pretty cool, it just doesn't seem right in that place.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I got to check out the re-design exhibts of East Lansing at the art place. It was trying to portray how they would change EL's roads, infrastructure, buildigns, etc to make the city more efficient and a joint community without Grand River dividing MSU and EL.

That exhibit is pretty cool. Imagine...people with ideas!

The problem (or one of them) is that Grand River needs a total redesign. It's basically a highway through town. There should be more restaurants on Grand River.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:10 pm

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I don't know about ugly, but here is a vote for "out of place". Don't like it imposed within the brown brick of the collegiate buildings. Same with the gerbil house parking structure. The design to the building is pretty cool, it just doesn't seem right in that place.

It's definitely out of place. It would be better in a big empty field. The parking garage near it actually fits in great with that part of campus...which is a sad commentary.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:23 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

that's part of the problem - I don't really want to look like the average American I see walking around.

Wait, Bob's a hipster?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:50 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I got to check out the re-design exhibts of East Lansing at the art place. It was trying to portray how they would change EL's roads, infrastructure, buildigns, etc to make the city more efficient and a joint community without Grand River dividing MSU and EL.

Why would EL not want to be even more separated from MSU?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaheab Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:57 pm

There should be more restaurants on Grand River.

????

Every third storefront is a (shitty-corporate fast-casual) restaurant. How many more do you want?
Jaheab
Jaheab
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:57 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Why would EL not want to be even more separated from MSU?

I don't know, man, it was just the exhibit.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:44 am

Jaheab wrote:
There should be more restaurants on Grand River.

????

Every third storefront is a (shitty-corporate fast-casual) restaurant. How many more do you want?

More Peanut Barrel type restaurants with outdoor patios. Not McDonald's.

Grand River should be like a Main Street in a college town. It's mostly just a highway.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:55 am

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

my daughter (sorry For bin) has been some and I know some people that have worked there. I've never been inside - my wife is some sort of donor/member of something there but I'm pretty sure she's never been either.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:57 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

my daughter (sorry For bin) has been some and I know some people that have worked there. I've never been inside - my wife is some sort of donor/member of something there but I'm pretty sure she's never been either.

I'm not kidding...they have one of those $4/cup coffee places in there. It's nice.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:01 am

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:my daughter (sorry For bin) has been some and I know some people that have worked there. I've never been inside - my wife is some sort of donor/member of something there but I'm pretty sure she's never been either.

I'm not kidding...they have one of those $4/cup coffee places in there. It's nice.
sounds like an upscale joint.. I might eventually have to look into one of them cups of coffee.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:15 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

sounds like an upscale joint.. I might eventually have to look into one of them cups of coffee.

There's an entire room full of ideas/concepts on how to improve EL. They should probably hold a city council meeting in there.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:36 pm

Like, Mexicans?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down