Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt. Case moved to Wayne County

+3
Rodeo Burger
Ass Dan
GRR Spartan
7 posters

Go down

Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt.  Case moved to Wayne County Empty Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt. Case moved to Wayne County

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-23, 22:56

Bad news is due to a relationship the Genesee County prosecutor's family has with Cleaves he requested the case be transferred to another jurisdiction.  Where it goes is decided by the Prosecutor Attorneys Coordinating Council which operates within the MI AG's office and they have moved the case to Wayne County.

Hope its baseless and there are no indictments.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/10/msu_basketball_star_mateen_cle.html#incart_river_home
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt.  Case moved to Wayne County Empty Re: Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt. Case moved to Wayne County

Post by Ass Dan 2015-10-23, 23:23

God dammit. I hope the truth comes out and that it says Mateen is innocent but I'm not going to make any assumptions. Very lame news.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt.  Case moved to Wayne County Empty Re: Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt. Case moved to Wayne County

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-10-23, 23:59

Ass Dan wrote:God dammit. I hope the truth comes out and that it says Mateen is innocent but I'm not going to make any assumptions. Very lame news.

It sucks. The guy keeps shitting on his own parade. That's Flint for you. It somehow became cool to be Gangsta, instead of Successful. Sucks all day.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-24, 00:03

lol @ convicting him on a message board after reading an online article. for fucks sake.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-10-24, 02:00

I've had casual contact with him in the past via physical therapy. Had some great conversations with him about sports and life. If there is any person I would say "no way, not him", It's Cleaves. It just doesn't seem in his character. That being said you just don't know people from conversations in a rehab joint. But goddammit please, no!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-24, 10:19

kingstonlake wrote:I've had casual contact with him in the past via physical therapy. Had some great conversations with him about sports and life. If there is any person I would say "no way, not him", It's Cleaves. It just doesn't seem in his character. That being said you just don't know people from conversations in a rehab joint. But goddammit please, no!

Right, but then there is Bill Cosby and shit too....

If he did something, then fuck him. If he didn't, I'd hope, for Spartan Nations sake, that we'd know enough to give him the benefit of the fucking doubt until this plays out legally for crying out loud.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-10-24, 13:54

tTy wrote:lol @ convicting him on a message board after reading an online article. for fucks sake.

No one is doing that but we've seen enough examples where beloved guys do terrible things. No one is going to admonish him just because he's mateen. Just waiting for the truth to come out
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-24, 13:58

t sucks. The guy keeps shitting on his own parade. That's Flint for you. It somehow became cool to be Gangsta, instead of Successful. Sucks all day.

"It sucks. The guy keeps shitting on his own parade. That's Flint for you. It somehow became cool to be Gangsta, instead of Successful. Sucks all day."

3rd post in...

Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt.  Case moved to Wayne County 2599972566 Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt.  Case moved to Wayne County 2599972566 Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt.  Case moved to Wayne County 2599972566
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-24, 14:08

Just being accused of sexual assault can cost you 10's of $1000's just defending yourself from false claims. Give most prosecutors that bone and they don't want to let go no matter what.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-10-24, 14:17

GRR Spartan wrote:Just being accused of sexual assault can cost you 10's of $1000's just defending yourself from false claims. Give most prosecutors that bone and they don't want to let go no matter what.

My brother blew through $55k trying to defend himself from a bogus claim against him. He finally ended up pleading no contest when he ran out of money. This was a case from 30 years ago that the prosecutor dug out of a file and just recently decided to extradite him and take him to court. He was digging through some files just recently and found some papers that could absolve him but it's probably too late for that.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-26, 13:00

tTy wrote:lol @ convicting him on a message board after reading an online article.
Agree. I mean, when have we ever NOT sat back and allowed the process to take its course before making some sort of judgment on someone?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-10-26, 13:10

tTy wrote:
t sucks. The guy keeps shitting on his own parade. That's Flint for you. It somehow became cool to be Gangsta, instead of Successful. Sucks all day.

"It sucks. The guy keeps shitting on his own parade. That's Flint for you. It somehow became cool to be Gangsta, instead of Successful. Sucks all day."

3rd post in...

Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt.  Case moved to Wayne County 2599972566 Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt.  Case moved to Wayne County 2599972566 Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt.  Case moved to Wayne County 2599972566

Mateen is being investigated in sexual assualt.  Case moved to Wayne County 4113017228 Sexual assault doesn't equal "gangsta".....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down