Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome (back) to Detroit, Cameron Maybin!

+4
Rodeo Burger
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
Tim Wakefield
8 posters

Go down

Welcome (back) to Detroit, Cameron Maybin! Empty Welcome (back) to Detroit, Cameron Maybin!

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-11-20, 17:13

@tigers: The #Tigers announced today that the club has acquired OF Cameron Maybin from the Atlanta Braves in exchange for LHPs Ian Krol & Gabe Speier

Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Welcome (back) to Detroit, Cameron Maybin! Empty Re: Welcome (back) to Detroit, Cameron Maybin!

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-11-20, 17:18

NOOOOOOOO, NOT IAN KROL AND GABE SPEIER!
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Welcome (back) to Detroit, Cameron Maybin! Empty Re: Welcome (back) to Detroit, Cameron Maybin!

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-20, 17:20

I remember having a conversation with someone all those years ago and telling them that he was untradeable. A few months later the same person called me on it after the trade and I had to explain that I wasn't taking into consideration that it was even possible to trade him for Miguel Cabrera.

Great story. You're welcome.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-11-20, 17:22

I always liked that kid. I had a client that lived in Lakeland and met him at a grocery store his rookie year. Maybin was driving a Charger or something like that, and my client was thinking of buying one, so he started a conversation, asked him how he liked it, stuff like that. After a while, my client mentioned that Maybin was young to have a nice new car. Maybin told him he had a good job. It took a few more questions before he admitted he was an MLB player. Humble guy.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-20, 17:23

Damn good pickup. I like what Al is doing so far. His next moves are going to be the most important. How he fixes the rotation and bp is going to be crucial.

I guess there's 2 more starting pitchers to go?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 17:24

The Braves. Rolling Eyes
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-11-20, 17:28

Braves are picking up $2.5 of Maybin's $8 mil in 2016 per Tony Paul. #ShoppingSpree
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-20, 17:36

steveschneider wrote:Damn good pickup. I like what Al is doing so far. His next moves are going to be the most important. How he fixes the rotation and bp is going to be crucial.

I'm with you on this one.....Krol/Spier for Maybin is a good deal and the KRod deal was a good deal.

Now go sign Fister and a #2 starter and we're making progress.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-20, 17:37

So how many times has the Can't miss kid missed?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-20, 17:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:Braves are picking up $2.5 of Maybin's $8 mil in 2016 per Tony Paul. #ShoppingSpree

LOL!

I saw the Tigers were in talks with Fister. I'm very curious to see what the next move will be.

Avilla scored an epic deal today. Out did Dombrowski for fleecing a team.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 17:39

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Braves are picking up $2.5 of Maybin's $8 mil in 2016 per Tony Paul. #ShoppingSpree

LOL!

I saw the Tigers were in talks with Fister. I'm very curious to see what the next move will be.

Braves are dumping any salary they can. Supposedly the plan is to get so much young pitching that they can trade Miller and Teheran. Stay tuned.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-20, 17:41

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Damn good pickup. I like what Al is doing so far. His next moves are going to be the most important. How he fixes the rotation and bp is going to be crucial.

I'm with you on this one.....Krol/Spier for Maybin is a good deal and the KRod deal was a good deal.

Now go sign Fister and a #2 starter and we're making progress.

Yeah, I'm hearing Fister and the Tigers are in talks. Not holding my breath. If they picked up Fister and maybe Smardzija I think those would be some pretty good moves depending on the deals they get them for. If Avilla can some how get the rotation to just be average I think the Tigers will near the top of the central next year.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-20, 17:42

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

LOL!

Braves are dumping any salary they can. Supposedly the plan is to get so much young pitching that they can trade Miller and Teheran. Stay tuned.

Mets are going to own the NL east next year with their rotation. Perhaps the Braves are already conceding and looking ahead to 2017?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-20, 17:45

Justin Verlander ‏@JustinVerlander 22m22 minutes ago
Welcome back to #Detroit @spidermayb24 !! I remember your 1st career homer you hit off of Rocket. #fullcircle #GoTigersGo
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-20, 17:46

Crasnick has to throw water on the day.....

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 34m34 minutes ago
Cameron Maybin back where it all began with #Tigers. Detroit picked him one spot ahead of Andrew McCutchen in 2005 draft.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 18:02

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Mets are going to own the NL east next year with their rotation. Perhaps the Braves are already conceding and looking ahead to 2017?

Braves are dumping any salary they can. New stadium opens in 2017, and Liberty might be dumping payroll to sell team. Will try to make a free agent splash. Rumor is they might go after Puig.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-20, 23:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I remember having a conversation with someone all those years ago and telling them that he was untradeable. A few months later the same person called me on it after the trade and I had to explain that I wasn't taking into consideration that it was even possible to trade him for Miguel Cabrera.

This warmed my heart. Tell it again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-20, 23:25

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I remember having a conversation with someone all those years ago and telling them that he was untradeable. A few months later the same person called me on it after the trade and I had to explain that I wasn't taking into consideration that it was even possible to trade him for Miguel Cabrera.

Fuck you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-20, 23:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Fuck you.

So did this. Tell it again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-20, 23:38

tGreenWay wrote:

Fuck you.

Fuck you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-21, 00:35

tGreenWay wrote:

Fuck you.

That's beautiful, dude.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-21, 00:46

tGreenWay wrote:

Fuck you.

That's beautiful, dude.

#fuckyou
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-21, 02:34

tGreenWay wrote:

That's beautiful, dude.

#fuckyou

#heartwarming
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-21, 08:23

LooseGoose wrote:Crasnick has to throw water on the day.....

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick  34m34 minutes ago
Cameron Maybin back where it all began with #Tigers. Detroit picked him one spot ahead of Andrew McCutchen in 2005 draft.

That just an example of how hit and miss MLB drafting is compared to NFL, NBA and NHL. If you draft an American player out of HS for the most part its a crap shoot.  

When the Tigers drafted Maybin instead of McCutchen with the 10th pick they got a outfield prospect with similar batting average, more power who was nearly as fast, 20 pounds heavier and 4-5 inches taller. The Reds used their first pick at 12 in the 2005 to choose Jay Bruce. All three CF have made The Show and the two picked immediately after Maybin have been on All Star teams. Go figure.

Hopefully in Maybin we see Martinez redux.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-21, 08:40

I hope the Tigers aren't counting on much production.

Maybin hit .267 with 10 homers, 59 RBIs and 23 steals for the Braves this year.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-29, 16:07

I think he'll be back to visit again now.....

Cousin Cameron Maybin a role model for new Lions LB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-13, 20:43

Maybin fired up about Lions 4th-round pick – his cousin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down